Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    @Dalbok it was going to be a 2* Hawkeye, so I think we can probably all agree that it was a good change.
  • Lytes420
    Lytes420 Posts: 63 Match Maker
    ursopro said:
    Why is Drax another "essential" character?

Will you ever consider new players before developing new events?
    They have also had starlord and gamora essentials and I'm pretty sure a rocket and groot will be coming as well.it's a brand new pve vs thanos.i'm not sure how any of the guardians could be left out,especially drax.unfortunetly not every event can be structured to cater to newcomers.the essentials can't only be the newest 12 4 stars and 20 3 stars.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have to admit that this is  my favorite boss /alliance event I have played in mpq to date.
    Agreed - I love the new tiles. It's the best step yet in giving us a bit more of a puzzle element in battles. I am crossing my fingers in the hope they don't do the usual 24/48 hour boss side-node-pin scaling jump of "playful tickle/kick to the junk with steel-toed boots/Tomahawk missile to shocked, unbelieving face" and instead maybe go for "playful tickle/kick to the junk while wearing slippers/aluminum baseball bat to unprotected, mildly surprised toes, at least for the first seven rounds. 

What's the reason they can't just tie scaling to round number? I remember reading a well-thought out post detailing why that was the case, but I can't remember the reasons now. 
  • wymtime
    wymtime Posts: 3,757 Chairperson of the Boards
    ursopro said:

Drax has been around for a while now.  He is not one of the last 12 released 4* and being a guardian makes sense to be essential.  Star lord was essential as well.  
  • TheDobot
    TheDobot Posts: 61 Match Maker
    My thanos boss node isn't unlocking after I beat the sub nodes.  Anyone else?
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    TheDobot said:
    Gah. That sucks. It hasn't happened for me yet, but last time it did it was a widespread bug. What worked for me and at least some others was to check on my alliance ranking between fights. Something to do with server-y things.

Also, if you haven't already, post in the bugs subforum.
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    TheDobot said:
    If it's like the Galactus bug after you beat the node and it doesn't unlock, close and relaunch the game. That worked 90% of the time.
  • Wumpushunter
    Wumpushunter Posts: 627 Critical Contributor
    ursopro said:

I completely agree with you, forcing people to roster everyone just to play a fun event or be penalized saps the fun right out of the game.  Current Mission for me right now have 3 characters I do not have and thus I cant play but less then half of this 5 hour stretch. And 2 of the 3 are Four star characters. Not everyone has 28 champed four stars and multiple max cover 5 stars.
  • SkadenFrudee
    SkadenFrudee Posts: 112 Tile Toppler
    I don't have antman or drax, so this round started at 8:08 and ended about 8:25pm. I never lost a fight or a character, which was cool, but waiting 8 hours to play more makes me sad, this event is really really fun. Thanos is the best puzzle in marvel puzzle quest. 
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Great puzzle. I'm actually looking forward to later rounds.

In general, I would love more boss (puzzle) fights like this in the game. Strange Sights is a good example of a non-alliance PvE that I really enjoy playing.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    gotta say, so far so good despite my earlier concerns. 
    anyone on round 7 yet where we can see if his scaling gets goofy?

I mean so far his scaling hasn't been nearly as bad as I was expecting given previous events.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    The whole point of this event is to promote Guardians of the Galaxy. There's no way they weren't going to have nodes for each of the Guardians (including Drax). The only way they'd make the people complaining right now happy is if they had no required 4 star characters, because there's always going to be players that don't have the required one rostered no matter who you choose.
  • Tony_Foot
    Tony_Foot Posts: 1,698 Chairperson of the Boards
    Enjoying it so far, see how the later rounds and scaling goes but I think they missed a trick not sticking those gems in the nodes too. Not all just a random selection just to shake up the worst bit of boss events.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    wymtime said:
    ursopro said:

Drax has been around for a while now.  He is not one of the last 12 released 4* and being a guardian makes sense to be essential.  Star lord was essential as well.  
    Regardless of him being around for a while some people may have just had horrible luck pulling him. He's the only 4* character I'm missing.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Azoth658 said:
    Simple solution to that though is give a loaner for every node during a boss event.

It does suck for the whole alliance if a good player can't help as much due to not having a vaulted character lol
    @Brigby is there ever a possibility of this taking place for major events (read alliance events such as this), the loaner characters being given out? Even if it was a single cover in one color that would help tremendously. One in each color would be godly but I'd take baby steps at this point.

*** Edit so I don't have to make a third post in a row for this event. 

This event seems pretty fun so far. Hoping the scaling doesn't go completely bonkers too quickly. Also hoping that there aren't too many Drax required nodes, would like to contribute as much as possible towards my own progression as well as my alliance. 
  • BrownCoat888
    BrownCoat888 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    The only thing that I dislike about these boss events is the severe lack of hero points avaliable, need it to open up roster slots
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    The only thing that I dislike about these boss events is the severe lack of hero points avaliable, need it to open up roster slots
    When I saw the two lousy, tinykitty 25hp progression rewards I immediately thought: "hmm I must be shield clearance rank 1" cause this doesn't seem right. 

Not only that over the 2-3 weeks the game is introducing 4 new characters which means that we need 4k hp to roster them and we get a boss event which is nice but the event rewards are not even scaled to the players shield clearance rank. For any other PVE event someone like me with CL8 is getting 150hp in total regardless if the event lasts 3 or 7 days (yeah at least we finally got two 4* covers for those and in the same manner it would make sense to give another 50-100hp more for a 7 day event, but I guess reward scaling is a separate topic).

Why are we not getting the proper, scaled amount of HP for progression???
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    Just hope to get lucky with Luke Cage and get 30 black AP. Game over.
    I was going to bring Hulkbuster along for the possible 30 AP punch, but it's too risky. As another poster stated, Bl4de at 30 red is quite likely to be the most possible total damage output, if you can last long enough. 
    With my luck it will be in the color for which I don't have an active ability. 
    Or bring Ant-Man. At level 390 (boosted) mine does 25k damage when he grows! But make sure that you have him at 5/5/3 to increase your chances of getting the color.