Why change the graphics on certain screens?

Dsagent
Dsagent Posts: 73 Match Maker
edited April 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Out of all the things that players talk about the this was not one of them.
The planeswalkers on certain screens just have a portrait with a flat color behind them.
Story mode has these round colored circles instead of the beautiful mana spheres. (When you complete something with a certain color.)
Then there is the screen where you activate planeswalker abilities. I felt the old one was smoother but not that big of a deal. 
Spent time trying to fix something that isn't broken?
On top of all this the game seems to load pictures slower?
Tagged:

Comments

• AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    I don't want to take to much wind out of your sails, but reworking the UI around the PWs was really needed. :-)
    And it seems to me that the data of a card is loaded now first, like the name and the P/T of a creature.
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    I don't want to take to much wind out of your sails, but reworking the UI around the PWs was really needed. :-)
    And it seems to me that the data of a card is loaded now first, like the name and the P/T of a creature.
    Yeah, the UI has been one of the chief gripes for months. It absolutely needed to be changed.

As for their prioritization of that change over, say, a dupe conversion system, or drop rates, well, at least they are "working on something, and will tell us when it's ready."
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Some of the UI needed to be changed badly. Other elements of it, like the pause menu or the main menu at the top left of the game have just been redesigned for the sake of it.
  • gruntface
    gruntface Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    /s I was holding out for more blue. I don't think they listened to the feedback enough that last time. /s
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    gruntface said:
    /s I was holding out for more blue. I don't think they listened to the feedback enough that last time. /s
    Check out the new coalition screens. There's all the blue you could ever want.