Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Brigby said:
    @MarkersMake

I would speculate that if the Infinite Power tile can be increased, then so can the Gauntlet one.

@Brigby

Go on your lunch break and play lol. 

Thanos Gauntlet is a special tile, not a CD (e.g. Bolts yellow).
  • vtwardo
    vtwardo Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Gems are not activating after being destroyed by Quake's blue power.
  • Punisher5784
    vtwardo said:

You cannot destroy them. You must match them. If Thanos' gauntlet explodes and destroys the row with Gems, you lose them and cannot utilize its powers
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    vtwardo said:
    or storms green, despite the gems clearly stating match or destroy to activate -_-
  • vtwardo
    vtwardo Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    vtwardo said:

You cannot destroy them. You must match them. If Thanos' gauntlet explodes and destroys the row with Gems, you lose them and cannot utilize its powers
    Then why do the tiles specifically say "match or destroy"?
  • Rodolfo78
    Rodolfo78 Posts: 70 Match Maker
    vtwardo said:

Some nuance here- I did get the benefit from destroying a gem through a match-4 that the gem itself was not part of.
  • Punisher5784
    zulux21 said:
    vtwardo said:
    or storms green, despite the gems clearly stating match or destroy to activate -_-

They basically nerfed Storm this boss event. I suggest using Invisible characters. Read my post above. It's working for now until we come up with better strategies
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    GWBW is the hero once again.
  • zulux21
    zulux21 Posts: 249 Tile Toppler
    zulux21 said:
    vtwardo said:

They basically nerfed Storm this boss event. I suggest using Invisible characters. Read my post above. It's working for now until we come up with better strategies
    Really, storm's green/quake's blue ect wouldn't bother me if they didn't work if it wasn't for the fact that they clearly say "match or destroy" if it just said match then fine, but since it says destroy as well it is really really really really really stupid that they aren't triggering them. -_-
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    Really feels like all the boosted characters barring bag man are completely useless in preventing that destruction title from going off. 

Maybe just to to play around with them more, but damage from that tile is going to get crazy very very quickly so once again low level roster are quickly pushed out of an event.
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    I had a thoroughly satisfying evil chuckle when I brought 4Blade, and received 30 red AP from the massive random AP gain gem. Fun! I've been using 4Blade, 4Carol, and Wasp so far. 
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    As expected, Gwenpool has been great so far. Sploits targets the preferred column/row you need to destroy the Gauntlet CD. I was also able to get Chekovs gun for a truckload of damage (Thanos was nearly downed already). 
    You'll definitely be wanting to gather purple away so Thanos doesn't acquire as much in his charged Gauntlet ability.

It's great that XFWoverine is boosted, but boss Thanos' strongest color is yellow. So be careful to not destroy the yellow health gain gem too early if you need it.

Quake blue will be great to target destroy a specific color, like the Red gem which does good damage to Thanos (need to test this in case only matches cause the damage).

Otherwise Mohawk Storm green and yellow have been excellent in building AP and getting to the Gems.

Coulson purple charge-swap is also very useful, as is any characters swap ability.

Going for the Mind gem immediately helps you get 30 AP right away, hopefully in a color you can use. Don't let it get destroyed by Thanos.
    The Space gem is also great to get the crit damage going early. 
  • Punisher5784
    I had a thoroughly satisfying evil chuckle when I brought 4Blade, and received 30 red AP from the massive random AP gain gem. Fun! I've been using 4Blade, 4Carol, and Wasp so far. 

That's it! Gain the 30 AP from the blue gem.. bring Agent Venom for board shake galore! He's the key for saving our universe!
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    My level under leveled Agent Venom, and Carnage are pretty helpful in round 3. Not sure what I will do when he one shots everyone, but its pretty fun so far
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    So it looks like one strategy as the rounds progress is to make a rainbow team, prioritize that blue gem tile, then take advantage of whatever color you get to spam the heck out of it.  Any ideas?   My best rainbow team that I use in Sim is 4*Carol/Red Hulk/Peggy, but that may either be too slow (countdowns) or two color dependent (Red Hulk's purple/green) for this situation.

I get the feeling in the last rounds I may just being doing my usual boss strategy, with 3* IF feeding black to Ghost Rider for Penance stare while a boosted tank (in this case, probably Drax) takes that first hit or two.  

Starlord's a bust, he can't overwrite the gauntlet countdown and Thanos isn't triggering very many countdowns from him.

Coulson's purple was useful to make sure you get those gem tile matches.

I am enjoying this so far.
  • Silverblade
    Silverblade Posts: 51 Match Maker
    Fishnet's blue also does not raise the # on the gauntlet. I am yet to try Cap's.
  • AgentCoulsonLMD
    AgentCoulsonLMD Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    This is a great, fun event. I like the challenge of the Infinity Gems and making it a little more "puzzle-y." I like that there are 5 stars upgraded. I like the extra tokens. All around a win so far!
  • Punisher5784
    This is a great, fun event. I like the challenge of the Infinity Gems and making it a little more "puzzle-y." I like that there are 5 stars upgraded. I like the extra tokens. All around a win so far!

At first I was disappointed the Gems were simply Skull tiles but then I fondly remembered the Original Puzzle Quest where you had to match Skulls tiles to defeat the enemy. Not sure if that was an intentional callback or if the designers were too lazy to give us nice colorful shiny infinity gems to match.
  • Tatercat
    Tatercat Posts: 930 Critical Contributor
    Punisher5784 said:

I think Invisibility will be key for this boss. I used IWs yellow prior to Thanos purple, her insible tile stays on the board. Thanos cannot match tiles so as long as you prevent matching it or it getting destroyed by the Gauntlet tile then it seems winnable at later rounds. Possibly add Prof X for his Invisibility, or even Howard with his million invisible tiles. Elektra or Spiderwoman black could work great too.

After discussing with some alliance mates, I'm going to try S. Witch/Coulson/Invisible Woman this next go around.   S. Witch feeds purple to Coulson, he uses it to swap colors (& match gem tiles) making sure there's enough yellow for group invisibility to be ready when the gauntlet tile goes off.  Health wise they're a bit squishy if something goes wrong, but once it gets going, it could go very well (fingers crossed). 
  • Mark70
    Mark70 Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    In previous boss events, didn't the individual nodes unlock everytime you beat a round? Just cleared everything in round 1, then an alliance member finished to progress to round 2, the boss unlocked, which I beat, but now everything is locked for hours.