Thanos Boss Event: Come and Get Me * Updated (4/27/17)

Comments

• JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    STOPTHIS said:
    shobi6669 said:
    Which one is the purple one?

That is something I wish they had clarified in the announcement.  The color of each infinity gem if you are chasing a certain result or wanting to time them in a certain order.  This is my recollection/guess as to the colors, but maybe someone who is more certain can correct my work.

Time Gem (orange): Creates a random duplicate non-Purple Infinity Gem
    Mind Gem (blue): Generate 30 AP of a random color
    Reality Gem (yellow): Give a burst of healing to your entire team, restoring them to full health.
    Power Gem (red): Deal a massive amount of damage to Thanos (a little more than third of his max health).
    Space Gem (purple): Create 2 Critical tiles
    Soul Gem (green): Destroy all Green tiles, dealing damage but not generating AP

You're right about comic Infinity gems, but the movie Infinity stones are different.

Space - Blue
    Mind - Yellow
    Reality - Red
    Power - Purple
    Time - Green
    Soul - Orange

Soul hasn't appeared yet in the movie, but it's safe to assume it's orange. The game tends to lean more towards the movieverse, but you never know.
    Actually, the game follows the comics as far as the gems are concerned. See the PVP seasons. Check the colors of the PVP seasons, they match the comic Infinity Gems.
  • StreetPreacher
    StreetPreacher Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Not happy about boosted 5 stars. All it's going to do is mess up my scaling and none of them have enough covers for it to be worth it. Seriously tempted to just sell them. 
    Enemy character levels are always in proportion to your pre-boosted character levels. Boosts only help, not hinder. Source: independent research.
  • KGB
    KGB Posts: 2,900 Chairperson of the Boards
    zulux21 said:
    while I think this event could be fun... there is a 0% chance that it ends well.

With how thanos is set up (needing to destroy tiles and he doesn't make matches and what not) there is a popular team that should easily cheese this (prof x, switch, 3* widow) once you get wininfite going the matches from 3* widow's purple plus either her green or switches green should deal with the gems easily. (you can avoid the gem that removes all green until you have enough ap to sniper riffle the board to reset it with more green)

the only way this isn't the case is if thanos' black deals so much damage that it easily kills the low HP team before it can get going... but if that is the case it also pretty much easily kills any non high leveled 4* team or 5* team locking out most of the players.

thus either the players with a working winifinite team will just go crazy and cheese it or the balance will be so far off that no one will have fun. Ideally it will be more of the first, but even if wininfite works this time there is no doubt that the developers will see that to many people won and make it so it doesn't work next time and the next run will be absolute garbage @_@

either way I wish I had a properly working wininfite team :P
    Actually it's a race between Winfinite and Thano's Purple CD. Once that CD is on the board then Switch's CD and GSBW's Deceptive Tactics stop working until it resolves. During that time the player team may be destroyed by the Black power.

I imagine by the time you reach round 7+ the non-boosted Winfinte team won't last long when the Black power goes off.

KGB
  • DeltaAlpha75
    DeltaAlpha75 Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    This might be the 1st time I've ever seen a 5 star boosted and its oml.

Thats quite the slap in the face to those that sold him because you nerfed him.

Like I literally can't remember the last time a 5 star was boosted if ever and it def wasn't oml.
    Why am I the only one here who remembers boosted 5*s? It happened in the first two runs in Civil War not that long ago.

At first the boosts were rather large, but due to player requests, they reduced them to something rather insignificant. If it's in line with the more recent 5* boosts, you're not missing out.

It might be too early to complain.

Wasn't it something like +10 levels, so more like a token bonus intead of anything meaningful? I don't unterstand the excitement either.
  • Markot
    Markot Posts: 84 Match Maker
    In normal pve 4* boosts are: 1 essential, 5 weekly, new 4*.
    In this boss event it is: 4 for event, new 4*.
    Is there any reason why for boss events it is less than in other events?

For me the selection of boosted characters is unfortunate. I have 73% of all 4* in game champed (36 champed, 11 other max covered, 2 newest undercovered) but only Ant-Man and Star-Lord will be boosted for the event. As there is "massive damage" every 3 turns, I don't think unboosted 4* will survive long.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards

Like I literally can't remember the last time a 5 star was boosted if ever and it def wasn't oml.
    It actually makes me super glad I sold my 1 covered OML.  So I'll only have 2 boat anchors weighing down my scaling vs 3...  Joy...
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards

5 Star Cap and Iron Man were boosted in Civil War (my level 270 IM46 gained a whopping 8 levels)
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this a re-skinned Ultron type event? 
    Is this an individual "Boss" alliance event as we've had before that didn't go over too well? (can't even remember which one that was, I tried to block it out) Remember where we had to beat the boss all by ourselves and being in an alliance was useless...
    Which color is each gem?
    Feels like another "you're supposed to lose" setup after round 6... maybe sooner.

• Felessa
    Felessa Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    smkspy said:

Nova is a great choice for progression rewards, definitely more enticing than Antman. And very happy to finish off my hawk guy with that purple cover. 

Overall, oolong forward to this event.

Felonius said:

The rewards are disappointing overall.  I can't believe the individual rewards have so many 2*s and no 4* in it.

Yes, but a purple Antman should exist between the individual rewards... they could have fix this problem that happen in all boss events, and correct the individual reward structure to be the same as any other story event. At least make a "latest" 4* the feature character of an event before the boss one... because picking a vaulted one just to be "skipped" in progression of a boss event is very frustrating.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    I anticipate that my enjoyment of this event, like pretty much all other boss events, is going to depend entirely on the amount of scaling introduced between round 4 and 5.
  • mkmagius
    mkmagius Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Green Goblin is boosted in every Nefarious Foes pvp. Phoenix was boosted in the match making one. There have been several other times 5* were boosted. The boost itself (except the first time GG was in Nefarious Foes) has been a negligible amount.
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    I'm excited for a new Boss event, disappointed that the individual progression rewards are so low (particularly that they don't take into account CL, so they're much lower than a normal PvE at my CL), and apprehensive that the scaling is going to make that 2-turn countdown tile instant death in later rounds.

A lot depends on how much damage the gauntlet tile does.  As described, you have to be destroying it every other turn to avoid damage and Thanos gaining a lot of AP.  That would be challenging even if you could match it away normally.  Having to kill it with a match-4 or a power every other turn is going to be nigh impossible unless you have lucky boards or can make it long enough to get some serious AP generation going.  So the question becomes how many of those gauntlet blasts can your team eat before they're toast?  

Maybe the benefits from matching the gem tiles will be enough to balance that, like if you get the 30 AP in a good tile-destroying power you might be set.  I just really hope they tested this one out all through Round 8, and we don't have another boss that's wiping a boosted 4* team on the third turn of a Round 5 fight.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I guess I better start saving CP.  I'm about to have 14 days to get 120 and decide whether or not Nova (level 190 5/4/1) will be one my first two 4* champs with my 13-cover X-23 (level 200, 5/4/4), with Strang3 at level 182 as well.  Having at least two covers die on the vine seems like a bad idea.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    smkspy said:
    Nova is a great choice for progression rewards, definitely more enticing than Antman. And very happy to finish off my hawk guy with that purple cover. 

Overall, oolong forward to this event.
    Hawkeye (Modern) is the 2* version.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @JHawkInc Thanks for the heads up. I've confirmed it should say Spider-Man (Original), and have corrected that above.

I have also edited the boost list to say "Event" instead of "Weekly"

@Punisher5784 @orbitalint I've just confirmed that the 395,500 reward should say Rocket & Groot. I'll edit the image to display the correct character, and update it again once I find out the color of its cover.

When it comes to all the other questions, I have passed them to the developers, and I'll reply back with their responses when I get them!
  • Stax the Foyer
    Stax the Foyer Posts: 941 Critical Contributor
    @Brigby

I know this is a bit of a snarky question but was Boss Thanos tested at high level scaling especially for the final rounds?
    Reading the Infinity Gauntlet CD it sounds like turn three for Boss Thanos will be problematic if you can't remove the tile. A row of charged tiles are going to do a load of damage with cascades to follow.

Just to remind you because I know you've thought of this the highest amount of scorn you get for events like this is having a boss power which just kills everyone in three or four turns.

I am mentioning this now because i hope you've learned to test with a high-level roster.

If not I guess I'll just be an unpaid beta-tester....again.
    You're not unpaid, you're just paid in nega-bucks.  It's similar, but worse!