Need Some Latest Legends Token Pull Advice

trat73trat73 Posts: 72 Match Maker
edited April 2017 in Theories and Statistics
So I'm sitting on 56 Latest pulls (28 Tokens and 700 cp) and I have a 2/2/2 Thanos. Would it be worth it to cash in all the tokens before he leaves Latest or would it be better to just keep hoarding until I have 250-300 pulls? I have about half of the vaulted 4 stars championed and enough iso for the rest. I couldn't find any data on how many pulls are needed to max cover 1 of the 3 Latest. Thanks!

Comments

• MarkersMakeMarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    @hendross had some analyses posted before the forum changes:

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/55098/so-you-want-to-whale-latest-legendaries/p1

Here's his reply to a poster with a somewhat similar question. 

http://forums.d3go.com/discussion/comment/623170#Comment_623170

• trat73trat73 Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Just what I was looking for. Thank you!
  • QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

For what it's Worth, 56 Latest Legends should yield around 8.4 fivestar covers. With Three different fivestar characters in Latest, this translates to 2.8 Thanos covers. You might be able to beat the odds a bit (or you might not), but you have to decide for yourself if a 3/3/3 Thanos is much better than a 2/2/2 one.

I'd probably keep hoarding in your shoes.

• whoamiwhoami Posts: 53 Match Maker
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm at around 50 LL pulls. I have a 5/1/0 Thanos, a 3/4/4 BP and no Hawkeye covers. BP is by far my most covered 5*. I have most 4*s champed that I care about except Carol and Coulton. Assuming Thanos rotates out in about two weeks I'll have enough ISO to champ Carol and Coulton. I also am sitting on 3 10x heroics. 

I might as well pull my LL before Thanos rotates out, in hopes of getting more Thanos and covering BP, right?

• QuebbsterQuebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    whoami said:
    I'm in a similar situation. I'm at around 50 LL pulls. I have a 5/1/0 Thanos, a 3/4/4 BP and no Hawkeye covers. BP is by far my most covered 5*. I have most 4*s champed that I care about except Carol and Coulton. Assuming Thanos rotates out in about two weeks I'll have enough ISO to champ Carol and Coulton. I also am sitting on 3 10x heroics. 

I might as well pull my LL before Thanos rotates out, in hopes of getting more Thanos and covering BP, right?

50 pulls correlates to around 8 fivestar pulls on average. You can probably get Panther covered with that, but Thanos is very unlikely. It could be worth considering setting Panther as a bonus hero instead and save the stash until you have around 300 pulls. By that time Hawkeye and StarLord may both have rotated out and you avoid dead covers.
    Drawback there: No Thanos. On the other hand, I don't think there's much functional difference between a sixcover Thanos and a nine-cover Thanos. YMMV of course.