Champion Reward Update for Select 3-Stars (4/21/17)

Comments

• Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Let's see... Most of these are well past their second covers, but Thanos and She-Hulk are still below level 223.
    Will Dr Strange still be giving Nova covers? I notice Mordo is missing from the list, and given their connection it would be a good update.
    (Ironheart is missing too, but I don't have any suggestions there. Colossus maybe?)
  • Black Duke
    Black Duke Posts: 694 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    These changes are good and overdue. But some of them simply doesn´t make any sense (Psylocke to Peggy, She-Hulk to Gwenpool, Thanos to Spider-Woman): Where´s the link here?

Furthermore there are many 4* characters left (poor Spider-Gwen (released in February 2016!), Agent Venom, Riri Williams, Mordo, Agent Coulson, Cloak & Dagger) which haven´t any feeder while we still have two 4* characters (Wolverine, X-23) with two feeders. 

Here are my thoughts which I´ve posted in another thread a few months ago:

Blade -> Blade (the most obviously change)
    Captain Marvel -> Captain Marvel (same as Blade)
    Storm -> Gwenpool (X-Men connection (?) & 2 color overlap)
    Kamala Khan -> Medusa (Inhumans connection)
    Steve Rogers -> Peggy Carter (variant of Captain America)
    She-Hulk -> Spider-Gwen (?)
    Psylocke -> Spider-Woman (2 color overlap)
    Thor -> Thora
    Ragnarok -> Agent Venom (?)
    Vision -> Wasp (Avengers connection)
    Colossus -> Winter Soldier (Russia connection & both have metallic arms icon_e_winkgif )
  • berr1_75
    berr1_75 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    Just another way to made harder to find old 4 stars without bay them
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    berr1_75 said:
    Just another way to made harder to find old 4 stars without bay them

Peggy
     Carter is out of the token pool already, Wasp only has two weeks left. I appreciate more ways to get their covers.
  • jordanix
    jordanix Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Good changes, was actually expecting them awhile ago. Glad I got the Deadpool, Ghostrider, and RHulk covers while the getting was good, but understand that these changes need to happen.
    Probably most excited for the Captain Marvel changes.
  • Ezrius
    Ezrius Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Mixed bag.  Not sure if I'm happy or not that I already passed 183 with Carol.

Why is there still no love for Spider-Gwen?

Edit:  On review, pretty bummed that I recently passed 183 with Blade.  Mixed feelings about Vision, since I did want the Cyclops cover.
  • DarthDeVo
    DarthDeVo Posts: 2,176 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Hmmmm... Psylocke is currently my only 3* BH. I was pushing for the XFDP cover at 183, but I think I'd rather have the Peggy yellow and blue (red already at five, and I'm glad that's the last color). Although the covers from her and 3* DP eventually would have finished covering XFDP perfectly. Oh well, that's what BH and CP is for I suppose. Just need to actually pull some 4* BH from time to time. 

Also feel like I should have pushed Thanos to at least 183 for another Rulk cover. I won't complain about a 4* champ level too much, but I would kind of like a vaulted 4* cover more at this point, especially a top tier one like Rulk. Also seems weird to switch a villain away from giving another villain.
  • StarScream
    StarScream Posts: 147 Tile Toppler
    And another way to get Red Hulk goes down the ****. Thanks.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    edited April 2017
    Meh whatever. Some of the old champion rewards were fine. The only one I'm even excited about is 4Carol. Also @Brigby at some point would it be too much to ask that the 3* characters reward 2x characters instead of just 1? There are more 4*s to begin with, which would help...plus there's 100 champion levels for a 3* I don't think that giving out 6 characters from 166>266 is too "rewarding" 

Edit: @Brigby is there a reason why we can't pick our own character rewards for champion levels? TBH I couldn't care less about certain 4* characters. Like when/if DrStrang3 gives out Mordo. 
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quite pleased with the Blade and Thanos changes. My 3* Blade is at lv218 or 219, so I won't be pressured into champing my 3/5/5 Ghost Rider, while my 4* Blade is currently 3/1/1.
    I'm in the exact opposite situation.  My 3-star Blade is literally one cover away from giving me one of the Ghost Rider (3/3/5) covers I need, while my 4-star Blade is already champed at LVL 272.  3* Blade is now my only favorite at that level now, since I just got the Red cover for my Falcap to make him a 5/5/3.  I'm hoping to get that last cover (through either the tokens or as a favorite) before the switch comes into effect.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    I think this overall is a great addition. There are now only a few 4*s that aren't fed from 3*s.

I mean, specifically, sure I wish I didn't have Psylocke over 183, but I'll get another Peggy at 223. I'd actually rather get a Hulkbuster from Iron Fist, but I guess I'll get one from IM at 223. 

The only one I really wish wasn't changing was Thanos->Rulk. For me personally, I really like my 2/5/2 Rulk and the first cover would be purple, so that would make him 2/5/3, so that sucks for me. But I guess I'll have to get it from...who gives Rulk? I can't navigate these forums to find out. :(

BUT MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS WAS THAT THEY ANNOUNCED IT SO WE HAD A WEEK TO PLAN. I think a week is mandatory for this kind of announcement. Thank you for letting us know before just implementing it!
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I think this overall is a great addition. There are now only a few 4*s that aren't fed from 3*s.

I mean, specifically, sure I wish I didn't have Psylocke over 183, but I'll get another Peggy at 223. I'd actually rather get a Hulkbuster from Iron Fist, but I guess I'll get one from IM at 223. 

The only one I really wish wasn't changing was Thanos->Rulk. For me personally, I really like my 2/5/2 Rulk and the first cover would be purple, so that would make him 2/5/3, so that sucks for me. But I guess I'll have to get it from...who gives Rulk? I can't navigate these forums to find out. :(

BUT MY FAVORITE THING ABOUT THIS WAS THAT THEY ANNOUNCED IT SO WE HAD A WEEK TO PLAN. I think a week is mandatory for this kind of announcement. Thank you for letting us know before just implementing it!
    Iron Fist hasn't given Hulk buster since the last revision; he's been giving Kate Bishop.

Thor gives Red Hulk, I think. There's a guide in the tips and guides bit. I'd link, but I'm lazy.
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Brigby I just got 223 KK the day before this was posted and got an unusable Thoress. Is there any possibility CS will swap that Thoress for the appropriate Medusa?
  • Setsukii
    Setsukii Posts: 21 Just Dropped In
    As the owner of a 5/0/5 Medusa and a level 222 KK, I approve this change.
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Seems kind of random at the mo that more n more feed new heros, i am glad i took peggy from carol  a few days ago need peggy covers and the rhulk from thanos, but the New releases, well i have a good few of them at 7/8 covers already (Blade, Cage and Carol are almost full 13 covers) and i am barely sinking time into the game at the minute thanks to working do they desperately need more ways to get em?

Can we not have some deadpool daily for the old 4* covers or something since theres so many even if it only ran twice a week or something...
  • byc
    byc Posts: 297 Mover and Shaker
    I always thought Thanos should have gone into Drax.

I doubt I'll be able to make it to Red Hulk before the changes happen next week.  Dammit.
  • Nightghost
    Nightghost Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    sooo unless they gonna give some compensation for ppl who already got covers from champions its like nothing happend. you wont even notice its there most of the time.
    still a nice change that should come way sooner
  • Shin Tenma
    Shin Tenma Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Rather disappointed that I'm going to have to level a second KK to get my first purple cover for Medusa. I would have expected to get the covers that they're listed on the character. :/
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    sooo unless they gonna give some compensation for ppl who already got covers from champions its like nothing happend. you wont even notice its there most of the time.
    still a nice change that should come way sooner
    Last time that this had happened they issued no compensation. So I wouldn't get your hopes up at all. 
  • Nightghost
    Nightghost Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    yeah i didnt hope for anything or not even sure we are entitled to any tbh