R125 Release Notes (4/24/17)

Comments

• bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Pants1000 said:
    No fix for the problem with intercepts on iOS?  I think it's been 4 days since my last one, and I green check everything.  Feels like I'm on Steam. :(
    I play on IOS. Updated to newest version. iPhone 7. I receive intercepts regularly, although there was a bit of a lull lately.  Last few days were normal again.  (Which meant about 6 per day for me.  Normally I seem to get 10+.) So if there's a bug, I'm not sure what it is.  I am VIP so have never watched an ad....
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    Personally I'd rather see Adam Warlock, but maybe when Infinity Gauntlet comes out
    Me 2, but releasing him before the movie would be a big spoiler, because then you would know that he must be in it. So my guess is, even if Warlock is going to be introduced in the movie, he would be introduced in MPQ way later. 

I heard the movie will have 5 post credit scenes, so I think there is where they're gonna hint for him...
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    • Countdown tiles no longer deal a point of damage when they activate.
    OMG huge Wasp nerf.

Thank goodness. It's not like Muscle weren't ridiculously annoying before, but this made them ridiculously phone-throwingly overpowered.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated to Final Release Notes
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Star-Lord eh? Could be worse. Let's see what he can do!
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm really not a fan of these super lazy 3 + 5* releases. At least give them some different abilities. :neutral:
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Twysta said:
    I'm really not a fan of these super lazy 3 + 5* releases. At least give them some different abilities. :neutral:
    You mean like the last one?

Disappointed that the expanded view of Hawkeye's "Full Quiver" power only applies to the 5* version. Oh well. Maybe next time :(

@Brigby And speaking of which, there's no actual "Bola Arrow" power card in the new list, and the Full Quiver power card doesn't actually specify what bola Arrow does (except that it becomes Explosive Arrow after one uses it)
  • Lampo
    Lampo Posts: 121 Tile Toppler
    People complain about the huge amount of new 4* put continuously in the game.
    D3 answer? Add, together, a 3* and a 5*!

Genius!  :|:|:|
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    snlf25 said:
    I....like the 3* and 5* simultaneous releases.  :(
    I do too. The internet will complain about anything :)
  • Twysta
    Twysta Posts: 1,597 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    I don't mind simultaneous releases so much. But when they have exactly the same abilities, I'm a bit more meh about it. 
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    Simultaneous releases are good because not everyone is at the point in MPQ where they can afford to roster 5 stars. Having a 3 star too gives everyone something to look forward to. 
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Whales might like a lazy 5* Quicksilver to deal with Kaecilius. Maybe.
  • snlf25
    snlf25 Posts: 947 Critical Contributor
    They've been really good too. Strange and Thanos are both  fantastic and Hawkeye seems pretty fun but I haven't used him much. This would be the perfect time to fix 3* Gamora too.
  • rainoftoads
    rainoftoads Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    Just registered and signed in to vomit my displeasure at the choice of character.

3 Star Lord variants, but no Nebula or Mantis?
    4 Hawkeye (Clint Barton) variants, but no Mockingbird?
    So many Spider-Men and Venoms, but no Silk?

Out of 15 five-star characters, only two are female?

I would like more female characters, and I formally express my displeasure on the internet at the choice of Peter Quill as the next two characters. Huzzah.

• jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    rainoftoads said:

The two female characters in that tier are the ones I have at 13 covers... and Peggy and Jane are my strongest 4*s actually, too (highest champ levels)... so the random has led me to enjoying more strong women.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just registered and signed in to vomit my displeasure at the choice of character.

I would like more female characters, and I formally express my displeasure on the internet at the choice of Peter Quill as the next two characters. Huzzah.

For both Star Lord and Hawkeye, you're talking about major characters (head of an ensemble cast and a founding Avenger) in the MCU. That's why they get the 3*/5* release treatment. I agree that it looks unbalanced when we don't have other characters that would make sense for this game (Nebula could have been a solid GotG 1 villain, and now an ally for the GotG 2 movie), but the reality is that Star Lord and Hawkeye sell. I mean, most people probably don't even know who Mockingbird is by comparison, you know?

Also, there are way better Spider-Man characters to add than Silk. Villains, first and foremost, but even explicitly looking at female characters, I think Black Cat or Mayday Parker would be better additions. Or even Araña/Spider-Girl. If we want more female characters, we can do better than Silk, in my personal opinion.
  • Pongie
    Pongie Posts: 1,410 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Personally I'd rather see Adam Warlock, but maybe when Infinity Gauntlet comes out
    **Spoiler'd movie stuff - Ducky
    End credits scene in gotg 2 suggest he will be coming, though probably not till after infinity war/gauntlet
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    I like 3 + 5 releases too. Since a Three-star only takes a third as much ISO to max as a fourstar, it's a welcome break in the maxing hamster Wheel spinning.
  • rainoftoads
    rainoftoads Posts: 2 Just Dropped In
    JHawkInc said:

For both Star Lord and Hawkeye, you're talking about major characters (head of an ensemble cast and a founding Avenger) in the MCU. That's why they get the 3*/5* release treatment. I agree that it looks unbalanced when we don't have other characters that would make sense for this game (Nebula could have been a solid GotG 1 villain, and now an ally for the GotG 2 movie), but the reality is that Star Lord and Hawkeye sell. I mean, most people probably don't even know who Mockingbird is by comparison, you know?

Also, there are way better Spider-Man characters to add than Silk. Villains, first and foremost, but even explicitly looking at female characters, I think Black Cat or Mayday Parker would be better additions. Or even Araña/Spider-Girl. If we want more female characters, we can do better than Silk, in my personal opinion.

Silk and Mockingbird are just examples. I would love to see Agent May, Sif, Black Cat, Mayday, or Spider-Girl, or a Spider-Woman variant in her old costume.

You're probably right about the reasons, but I find it depressing to think many Star-Lords / Hawkeyes will sell stronger than adding some variety.

Female characters are my thing, so I'm always frustrated when the ladies are overlooked. Like with the Netflix/Marvel characters - 2 Iron Fists, 2 Luke Cages, 1 Daredevil (FWIW), and no Jessica Jones.

I wouldn't even mind some variants. Squirrel Girl is a crossover hit, she's Unbeatable (it's in the name), and she has a new(ish) costume: perfect for a 5-star variant. Janet Van Dyne has never worn the same costume for more than six months - there's a hundred variants of Wasp before you even get to the new girl. Scarlet Witch has been through a few variants and is one of the most powerful characters in the MCU: 5-star time. Rule 63 that **** - female Loki was a worthy villain in the original A-Force, and would make a nice variant. It worked for Peggy.