Assembled Alphas suggestion

Options
ballzo
ballzo Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
Last night, I was playing against a deck that had Assembled Alphas out. I figured I had the game won, because I had flyers to swing in over its head. AA reads as follows:

"When this creature blocks or is blocked, the opponent's creature takes 3 damage and your opponent takes 3 damage."

It has defender, but not flying. It dealt 3 damage to each of my flying creatures as they attacked, which then killed them all. This doesn't make sense, it didn't BLOCK any of the creatures. Is this something that anyone else thinks may need some consideration? Maybe change the text of the card or something?

Thanks.
Tagged:

Comments

• julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Defender creatures  can't block fliers, and AA's ability only works as it says. This situation sounds like a bug, or perhaps some other mechanic was at play.

Do you remember what creatures you were using? Were you playing against a multicolored Planeswalker - is it possible that the AA had been given reach, somehow?
  • ballzo
    ballzo Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    The only creature that the opponent PW had out was the AA, and it was just the basic creature with no abilities granted to it at the time. The other PW was a Chandra, Roaring Flame.
    My creatures were an Aven Battlepriest and an Aethersphere Harvester. The Harvester's toughness had been reduced to 3 due to a previously cast Lightning Javelin.