Mini-rant: Blade PVP

xidragonxi
xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
Hi Devs!  How is it possible that you are aware of a major game-changing bug where countdown tiles do 1 damage when they reach 0, but still decided to run Blade PVP?  Blade has one ability that creates a 1-turn countdown tile that goes off every turn, AND another ability that creates strike tiles so the 1 damage becomes 100, then 500, then 1000, as more strike tiles are generated.  When you combine him with a certain 4* who buffs tiles when countdown timers reach 0, things go bananas pretty quickly.

This seems like exceptionally poor planning.  I suggest that you pay more careful attention to how the bugs that you introduce affect gameplay, and implement plans to mitigate the impact of those bugs.

(Note: I've been taking advantage of this bug since it was introduced, and have grown to love it.  But it's a bug and needs to be fixed.)

Comments

• JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    It's a pretty dumb bug.  Don't get me wrong, I currently love it.  But my Blade, Human Torch and lvl 192 Carol shouldn't be able to carve through champed and boosted Kingpin, Falcap and Blade like they are a bunch of Yelena Belovas.
  • whycantwesyncpc
    whycantwesyncpc Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Hi Devs!  How is it possible that you are aware of a major game-changing bug where countdown tiles do 1 damage when they reach 0, but still decided to run Blade PVP?  Blade has one ability that creates a 1-turn countdown tile that goes off every turn, AND another ability that creates strike tiles so the 1 damage becomes 100, then 500, then 1000, as more strike tiles are generated.  When you combine him with a certain 4* who buffs tiles when countdown timers reach 0, things go bananas pretty quickly.

This seems like exceptionally poor planning.  I suggest that you pay more careful attention to how the bugs that you introduce affect gameplay, and implement plans to mitigate the impact of those bugs.

(Note: I've been taking advantage of this bug since it was introduced, and have grown to love it.  But it's a bug and needs to be fixed.)
    You must be new here...
  • xidragonxi
    xidragonxi Posts: 253 Mover and Shaker
    You must be new here...
    Day 1260, sadly.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a feature (until it's nerfed to oblivion in couple of patches). Use it and have fun with it.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    It's a pretty dumb bug.  Don't get me wrong, I currently love it.  But my Blade, Human Torch and lvl 192 Carol shouldn't be able to carve through champed and boosted Kingpin, Falcap and Blade like they are a bunch of Yelena Belovas.
    In fairness HT's tile does do damage... just not THAT much damage. When the bug is fixed that combo will still be good, I think. Just not silly like it is right now.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    In fairness HT's tile does do damage... just not THAT much damage. When the bug is fixed that combo will still be good, I think. Just not silly like it is right now.
    The thing that currently makes it so much fun, is that you're better off setting HT's Green at lvl 3 and not worry about the damage generated from that skill.  Get 2-3 of those countdown's out, with 2-3 of Blade's Nightstalker, that's 4-6 countdowns dealing damage every turn (regardless of if you have any green AP or not) and then Carol buffing any strike tiles generated by Blade on top of that?  It's brutal.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oh I've done it. It's hilarious.
  • FokaiHI
    FokaiHI Posts: 272 Mover and Shaker
    Good or bad, the matches did go quick. (HP as well)
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    I was thinking this was going to be a thread complaining about the overlap of 4 star Blade being boosted and 3 star Blade being the essential.  That nerfed the heck out of my roster.