Strange Sights is the Best PvE.

GrumpySmurf1002
GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
I think we need to talk a little about how good this PvE is compared to regular ones:

1) It rains rewards:  Triple alliance rewards, multiple tokens, bulky iso boss reward.  Even easier sub placement because of the division of players.   Being able to clear 1/4 of the event vault in one run is a big boon.

2) Variety: You can play the subs in a different order each run, the enemies are mostly different sub to sub (except for the Mindless), there's a challenging but beatable Boss battle.  

3) No Dark Avengers.  This alone puts in the top tier.

The question is:  How do we get more events like this?   Can we retro fit the old events?   Something? 

Comments

• Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    The only improvement I'd like to see is the removal of sentries.  They only show up on a few nodes, but they are just so annoying to fight, and ridiculously overpowered especially with 5* scaling......even post-nerf.  Getting a board shake and a move EVERY turn makes these fights take a lot longer than they should.

Still, I did enjoy this PvE and managed to take T5 this time around thanks to the sentry bot nerf.
  • DingoVB
    DingoVB Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    I never thought about it, but I think I am in FULL agreement on this.  Nice and unique, great reward potential, variety, engaging storyline, boss tie-in...I love it.  What an improvement on the same old events (cough Prodigal Sun cough).
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    It is a fantastic event. I love rolling in event tokens every day. In terms of the sentry levels, one thing that helps is using LC4 with his black on 5 covers. Then you don't get as much damage each turn for their moves. Medusa helps eat up AP for all their enemy tiles.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Luke Cage black triggers on active powers, so it doesn't actually do anything vs the sentries, as their powers are passive. He's good against everything else though. 
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,238 Chairperson of the Boards
    Who can disagree?  I am even fine with the vaults containing 5cp (vs 4stars) if everything else stayed the same.  If this is the format going forward and it is in regular rotation, I count it as an improvement from the devs.
  • AlluAllu
    AlluAllu Posts: 86 Match Maker
    I'm really hoping that we'd get something similar with Guardians vol 2. Boss battles are fun.
  • GritsNGravy
    GritsNGravy Posts: 114 Tile Toppler
    I really like the structure.  I also like the stronger "puzzle" nature of this event.

• Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Definitely the most unique, most fun and least frustrating event to date. Also, the variety of enemies and the rain of rewards make it really stand out. Definitely the best.
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    The coulson mini arc was actually the best pve! Short and with a great reward at the end.

But yeah, as normal pve events go... STRANGE SIGHTS ROCKS!!!!!
  • Jarvind
    Jarvind Posts: 1,684 Chairperson of the Boards
    Between the buttloads of tokens and the boss fight with a beefy ISO reward, it's definitely my favorite.

(more boss fights plz)
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,893 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is anyone else hoarding their SS tokens? Ive decided not to open them and wait until the next go round.  My 4s are an Eddie Brock, a 6th cover on a 5/2/5 character (Professor X) and a champ level (Marvel).

Since I only get one token for the mini vaults I guess I could open them, but that 5 CP hurts so much compared to the old rewards.
  • crackninja
    crackninja Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Skrofa said:
    The coulson mini arc was actually the best pve! Short and with a great reward at the end.

Not that I'm complaining in the slightest about the roi on the Coulson "event", but am I the only one that beat it in 5 minutes and thought to himself "that's it?!?!"
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I think I prefer Thanos DDQ. THAT rained rewards.

Strange Sights is #2
  • broll
    broll Posts: 4,732 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is anyone else hoarding their SS tokens? Ive decided not to open them and wait until the next go round.  My 4s are an Eddie Brock, a 6th cover on a 5/2/5 character (Professor X) and a champ level (Marvel).

Since I only get one token for the mini vaults I guess I could open them, but that 5 CP hurts so much compared to the old rewards.
    I am.  I didn't need/want any of the 4*s in the main vault and the mini vaults were ****.  I'll be rolling over 23 Strange Sights and 1 per mini-vault.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Skrofa said:

Not that I'm complaining in the slightest about the roi on the Coulson "event", but am I the only one that beat it in 5 minutes and thought to himself "that's it?!?!"
    That's not supposed to be it. I recall a suggestion of To Be Continued. I just wonder how long we really have to wait for what should be the continuation as a new PVE, maybe with actually new portraits for the Elite minions?
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor

No, I had good rewards in my vault, but I am starting to do this.  If I don't have all the 4*s in my vault champed then I will save the rewards until the next run through - gives me a higher chance of getting the 4s in there anyway.  I've got 8 tokens stockpiled from the last run of Hulk.
  • mohio
    mohio Posts: 1,690 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm saving 5 tokens as well. I got lucky and pulled the LT and 2 4*, so it's just bad value to keep opening after getting most of the best pulls in just 24 tokens. My odds now are worse than when it started, so I'll just wait for it to come around again. 

As for the event itself, it is nice to mix it up from dark avengers but I really dislike the new goons with my 5* scaling. They get so much life that it's really hard to take them out quickly. You could play it safe and bring board/CD control but then it might take forever.