Free Respec on Anniversary week

y4747
y4747 Posts: 160 Tile Toppler
Not sure if this has been suggested before (and pretty damn certain it won't be accepted), but how about a free respec week for the MPQ anniversary?

so much player frustration is with bad cover spreading due to rng, especially in 5*s. if they go to the classic pool with bad cover spread you will almost certainly never fully cover them (dilution + bonus hero rates are silly low).

it could be nice to have a long-range hope of making them viable again, and might give people who are thinking of quitting due to things like this a reason to keep playing.

as it will only be once per year, and doesn't change the number of covers, it can help mitigate the vast difference between similar players with different rng luck without completely altering play.

if this seems like too much, another possibility would be to allow it for a limited number of characters - i know i'd definitely keep playing if i knew that in 6 months i can finally respec my 5/1/3 phoenix and start pulling classic tokens again.

i'd be interested most to hear from people that are have considered quitting due to something like this, and would change their mind if they knew something like this was in store... or maybe it's just me :)
Tagged:

Comments

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Just something to think about; this doesn't apply to 5-stars but for the lower (original) rarities, max level is not the same at all cover levels, even if the sum of the cover levels is the same. For example, a 4* character with 5/0/0 covers has a max level of 147. If you took that same character and re-distributed to 2/2/1, they would have a new max level of 111.

It's (probably) not a show-stopping issue if they really wanted to, but it is something that would have to be worked out.
  • Magic
    Magic Posts: 1,199 Chairperson of the Boards
    Limit the issue to max covered heroes and it's solved. I like the respec (actually need it only for my 5* Strange). I probably won't need it much by the time anniversary comes but i can see how this could be appreciated. 
  • y4747
    Just something to think about; this doesn't apply to 5-stars but for the lower (original) rarities, max level is not the same at all cover levels, even if the sum of the cover levels is the same. For example, a 4* character with 5/0/0 covers has a max level of 147. If you took that same character and re-distributed to 2/2/1, they would have a new max level of 111.

It's (probably) not a show-stopping issue if they really wanted to, but it is something that would have to be worked out.
    haven't thought of that issue... anything that requires serious coding will probably never happen. guess it could only apply to 5*, then?
    Magic said:
    Limit the issue to max covered heroes and it's solved. I like the respec (actually need it only for my 5* Strange). I probably won't need it much by the time anniversary comes but i can see how this could be appreciated. 

that's just saving people the cost of levels+champing... i was thinking more of those situations where someone is stuck at 5/2/5 forever.
  • Magic
    Actually it saves a bit more. It's most useful in 5* land and championing in 5* land not only costs iso but also forces a change in scaling and MMR that might not be welcome (my 5-5-3 Strange is my only covered 5* and I have no intention of championing him. therefore he remains not used as my 3* Strange has 5 yellow and is more useful. If I could respec him to 5-3-5 I would use the 5* more and even put some iso in him). 

Otherwise for 3* it's irrelevant - they flow so quickly and the spare cover costs only 20 CP. For 4* - if it's somebody you would champion - 120 CP solves the problem. And it's about 7-9 days to get that much CP. Again - my own example - MoonKnight is stuck at 5-2-5 and I will not care about him since he is removed from packs. If I get another cover i can't use it will be sold for iso. Of the old 4* only Peggy, Iceman and maybe Rhulk are still worthy of the push (granted - Star-Lord, Jean, Hulkbuster, Punisher, Nova - are still great but are they worthy of 120 CP investment? not sure).  
  • y4747
    don't get me wrong, a free respec for fully-covered toons would be nice, but i was looking for a solution to the bad-distribution, can't-champ hell...
  • Magic
    I get that. I am trying to be realistic with how stingy the devs are with rewards. Your idea is better for the players but less realistic to get implemented I'm afraid.
  • y4747
    realism is for small kittens!
  • mpqr7
    mpqr7 Posts: 2,642 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would respec all my 5/2/5 characters to 4/4/4, which is the best spec for a 12-cover character.

I have a few characters who are 4/4/4, and they are heaven. I can make them my bonus heroes without fear of wasted covers!!!!