Invisible Woman Yellow Negating Daredevil Purple? [solved]

Options
JablesMc
JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler

I saw it mentioned somewhere else, but, why is Daredevil impacted by invisibility tiles?

Shouldn't he be exempt?

Tagged:

Comments

• Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    @JablesMc Did you mean to say Daredevil Blue? His Billy Club ability? If you did intend to say Purple - Radar Sense, can you elaborate on the issue that you are experiencing?
  • JablesMc
    JablesMc Posts: 235 Tile Toppler
    Options

Sorry, this seemed the most appropriate place to bring it up, but, I find it funny that with DD's enhanced senses, and adjustment to lack of sight, he would be effected by someone becoming invisible.

So, not really a bug, more of a Hmmmmmm.... :#

• Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Sounds more like feedback to me :)

Can't imagine it would be too game-breaking if Radar-Sense could be fired when all targets are invisible, and remove invisibility tiles in addition to what it currently does. How often would that even come up?

It's just an oddly-flavoured power all around. The loose and varied use of A/P/S tiles to represent a whole lot of concepts doesn't help either. Apparently, Matt's Radar Sense can:

Make Luke Cage breakable
    Slow Nova to a standstill
    De-bone Bullseye
    Stop a Hailstorm (ok only a tiny part of it)
    Banish summoned demons
    Break magnetic fields

But it can't:

Find traps
    Hit invisible characters
    Dodge anything

• Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    That would have to be taken into account in the design of the character and made into some sort of passive power, and then you have other aspects to take into account -- Invisible Woman turns invisible by bending light, but Professor X uses his telepathy to prevent people from detecting his presence, so do you make Daredevil only immune to some invisibility powers, but not others?

And wait, doesn't that mean Professor X shouldn't be invisible to robots and Mindless Ones?

At a certain point you have to accept that this is just a game and some things will never make perfect in-universe sense.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    [Moderator note: this is not really a bug or a technical issue.  I'm going to close this as "solved", but you could always suggest it as a character modification in Suggestions and Feedback.]
This discussion has been closed.