Puzzle Quest Cover Tracker

Comments

• granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    I thought I'd broken it.
  • nbperp
    nbperp Posts: 105 Tile Toppler
    Cover tracker is back online, apologies for the delay. Long and short is that this is hosted on a free oracle server, so space is limited.

I had to turn off the "history" feature that would let you see how your characters have been changed over time. That information was filling up space.

Also, 3* and 5* Thanos has been added.
  • nbperp
    Riri Williams is now in the app.
  • fz1atkst
    fz1atkst Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Thanks for creating this useful tool. It's been really helpful. I think there may be a minor glitch. Some of my 3-star characters that have a level cap of 166 are showing a level cap of 266 instead. No big deal, just wanted to let you know. Keep up the great work!
  • nbperp
    Once you reach 166 (the normal cap for 3*s) it lifts the cap to 266 to represent the ability to champion them.
  • nbperp
    Application updated with the latest characters, including Phil Coulson -- good luck, folks!
  • fz1atkst
    fz1atkst Posts: 5 Just Dropped In
    Could you make it so that staying logged in is an option? Thanks!
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Ebolamonkey84 Posts: 509 Critical Contributor
    It doesn't look like Hobo Fist or Cloak & Dagger have been added yet.
  • granne
    I'm getting those error messages again when I try to add a character.

I miss this tool. It's great.
  • nbperp

.... AND WE ARE BACK!

Sorry for the delay. The error you were seeing was a result of us running out of space. The thing about a free tool is I have to host it in a free space, which has size limits. (Which is why I don't have images and such).

The system will no longer track "activity" (when you add covers, change levels, etc.).

Meanwhile, I've added in:

5* Star-Lord, and Doctor Octopus

4* Cloak and Dagger, Iron Fist, Gamora, Rocket * Groot, and Sandman

That should get the list back up to date.

Also - if your account is inactive for 90 days or more, the system is going to automatically delete you.

• granne
    Hooray! Thank you.

I don't see 5* Star-lord, though - just the 3*.
  • talleman
    talleman Posts: 444 Mover and Shaker
    Nice. To bad the site is not very mobile friendly.
  • Ebolamonkey84
    Thanks for updating, @nbperp.  

One question, can you make it so that I can add covers and update levels at the same time?  Currently,  I cannot enter a level that is greater than what the initial covers allow me to reach, so I have to update the covers, save the changes, then go back and update the level.
  • nbperp
    edited June 2017
    Update - there is now a "lite" version of this application. It's way less on the functionality but it should be super fast and very friendly to mobile devices. I've done some basic testing, but please reach out if there are any issues.

@Ebolamonkey84 - the lite version does what you're asking for, allowing you to update covers and levels together. 

Once I know it's bug free, I'll try to get some features in it. For example, a "Filter" to allow you to cut down who is showing up.

Oh, I just realized - there's no "Add Character" feature on the lite app. OK, I'm starting a to-do list, but the hour is late and I've got to travel tomorrow. So soon. 

The link: https://apex.oracle.com/pls/apex/f?p=pq_tracker_lite

If you have an account, you can log in with it. These 2 apps are built off hte same database, so as you change one, you can refresh the other and see the results immediately.
  • granne
    I'm liking the lite version. It definitely makes it easier to update each character. My one complaint would be that the cancel button is a bit close to the level box, and I keep fat-fingering it.

I like that I can update one and have the changes show up on the other immediately.

Nice job. Thank you.

I also discovered that my Iso-to-max for my 4*s has dropped below half a million again. W00t!
  • nbperp

Vulture has been added to the tracker. I'm hoping to have some programming time this weekend. Priorities are:

1. Move Cancel button away fro Update button on the Lite version

2. Put an "Add Character" capability to the Lite version

3. I think I can improve the response time on the Character View and, if I can, I may make an overall Character Review (the main thing I use this page for is to see how other people prefer a character to be configured, so I want to make this respond faster/better)

• nbperp

OK, well, I got the Cancel button moved. I'm good at creating programs, not that great for "how things look best" so I'm open to feedback to move things around.

Also, Mockingbird has been added.

• nbperp
    ....and "Add Character" is now on the Mobile version of the app (it's a list of figs after your list of owned characters -- that was the quick implementation, I'll push it onto its own page later)
  • nbperp
    Yondu now added to the tracker - good luck to those seeking him!
  • Ebolamonkey84
    When I add 5* spider man (peter parker) to my roster, I end up getting two entries for him.  If I delete one, both get removed.