4*Cable!

slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
3144704.jpg
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png
Cable

Hey guys! After seeing the Deadpool movie I went back to my old comic book collection and reread Deadpool & Cable and I totally forgot just how badass Cable is! So here's my take on the character! icon_e_biggrin.gif

blackflag.png(Passive) Techno-Organic Mesh: Cable's body, being infected by the T-O virus makes him both man and machine. But he also must use his own mutant powers to keep the virus in check. At the start of your turn, Cable places a 3-turn blue countdown tile. When activated, deals 500 damage to both Cable and the enemy and creates two strength 20 enemy strike tiles of any color. Matching blue tiles will extend the countdown by 1 turn and deal 150 damage to the opponent. When matched by your team, create a a strength 80 blue protect tile. Max three special tiles.
Two Covers: Creates a strength 105 blue protect tile when matched by your team.
Three Covers: Deals 700 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 125 protect tile when matched by your team.
Four Covers: Deals 950 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 150 protect tile when matched by your team.
Five Covers: Deals 1250 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 175 protect tile when matched by your team. Max four special tiles.

blueflag.png 6 AP Psionic Blast: Cable uses his psionic eye to crush the enemy's mind! Stuns the target enemy for 1 turn, dealing an extra 70 damage for each special tile on the board and creates a 3-turn purple countdown tile which is locked in place(countdown tile doesn't actually do anything when activated) While this tile is on the board, this ability becomes Psionic Spike.
Two Covers: Deals an additional 90 damage for each special tile on the board.
Three Covers: Stuns for 2 turns
Four Covers: Deals 115 damage for each special tile on the board.
Five Covers: Stuns the entire enemy team. (Stun time reduced by 1-turn).
blueflag.png 6 AP Psionic Spike: Cable uses his psionic powers in a destructive manner, which destroys anything in it's path! Destroys a 2x3 radius around the purple countdown tile and deals 500 damage to the target enemy. If you have a friendly protect tile on the board, heals Cable for 5% of his health. Also destroys a single enemy special tile, gaining 1 purple AP in the process. Destroyed tiles do not gain AP or deal extra damage.
Two Covers: Deals 700 damage, heals cable for 10% of his health. Gains 2 purple AP when destroying a special tile.
Three Covers: Deals 850 damage. Heals cable for 15% of his health. Gains 3 purple AP when destroying a special tile.
Four Covers: Deals 950 damage. Heals Cable for 20% of his health. Gains 4 purple AP when destroying a special tile.
Five Covers: Deals 1100 damage. Heals Cable for 25% of his health. Gains 5 purple AP when destroying a special tile.

purpleflag.png 11 AP Temporal Warp: Cable travels just a few seconds ahead through time to unleash a devastating attack! Cable is pulled away from battle for 2-turns(Much like Colossus' Fastball special) or 1-turn if you have 12 black AP and returns dealing 700 damage to the target enemy and destroying all enemy strike tiles. If any member of the opposing team is stunned, extend stun duration by 1. Destroyed tiles do not deal extra damage or gain AP.
Two Covers: -1 AP cost.
Three Covers: Deals 1200 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys protect tiles.
Four Covers: Deals 1900 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys attack tiles.
Five Covers: Deals 2500 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys friendly and enemy countdown tiles.

Comments

• GundamY
    GundamY Posts: 182
    Question: If he uses his purple ability to become temporarily out of the battle field, what happens to his countdown tiles? Will the timer continue or will it halt like he is stunned?
  • slantedandenchanted
    GundamY wrote:
    Question: If he uses his purple ability to become temporarily out of the battle field, what happens to his countdown tiles? Will the timer continue or will it halt like he is stunned?

It'd halt like he's stunned. I should probably be more clear about that.

EDIT: Updated.
  • Ouroboros9999
    Ouroboros9999 Posts: 139 Tile Toppler
    I really thought they'd put Cable as a new 4* with the new Deadpool movie(even though he's not in it...but he is mentioned!). I feel D3 missed an opportunity there.

Maybe something with attacks that synergize with Deadpool somehow would be good too. I wish the Fantastic 4 had more of that, feeding off each other and helping fire supers faster.
  • ronin_san
    ronin_san Posts: 980 Critical Contributor
    The techno virus thing. It needs to be a timer tile you must clear each turn, or Cable takes dmg. If it is clear, he gets much stronger.

It would best be represented by Blade's green ap eating tile. If you cannot pay the requisite AP, you take dmg. But if you do, the timer increments a turn or two.

See, if he didn't have to commit constant energy to stave off the virus, he would be bonkers more powerful.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    ronin-san wrote:
    The techno virus thing. It needs to be a timer tile you must clear each turn, or Cable takes dmg. If it is clear, he gets much stronger.

It would best be represented by Blade's green ap eating tile. If you cannot pay the requisite AP, you take dmg. But if you do, the timer increments a turn or two.

See, if he didn't have to commit constant energy to stave off the virus, he would be bonkers more powerful.
    Not Blade, but Human Torch. The tile depletes AP, then damages Cable when there's none left.
  • kyo28
    kyo28 Posts: 161 Tile Toppler
    Really love this idea as Cable is on of my fav Marvel characters. The idea of a techno-organic virus countdown tile really matches the character well.
  • slantedandenchanted
    Updated
    icon_cool.gificon_cool.gificon_cool.gif
  • theabsoluteword
    theabsoluteword Posts: 43 Just Dropped In
    3144704.jpg
    Cable

Hey guys! After seeing the Deadpool movie I went back to my old comic book collection and reread Deadpool & Cable and I totally forgot just how badass Cable is! So here's my take on the character! icon_e_biggrin.gif

blackflag.png(Passive) Techno-Organic Mesh: Cable's body, being infected by the T-O virus makes him both man and machine. But he also must use his own mutant powers to keep the virus in check. At the start of your turn, Cable places a 3-turn blue countdown tile. When activated, deals 500 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a friendly strength 20 blue strike tile. Matching blue tiles will extend the countdown by 1 turn. When matched by your team, creates a strength 90 blue protect tile, if matched by the enemy create a strength 20 enemy strike tile. Max three special tiles per team.
    Three Covers: Deals 700 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 125 protect tile when matched by your team.
    Four Covers: Deals 950 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 150 protect tile when matched by your team.
    Five Covers: Deals 1250 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 175 protect tile when matched by your team. Max four special tiles per team.

blueflag.png 6 AP Psionic Blast: Cable uses his psionic eye to crush the enemy's mind! Stuns the target enemy for 1 turn, dealing an extra 70 damage for each special tile on the board and creates a 3-turn purple countdown tile which is locked in place. While this tile is on the board, this ability becomes Psionic Spike.
    blueflag.png 6 AP Psionic Spike: Cable uses his psionic powers in a destructive manner, which destroys anything in it's path! Destroys a 2x3 radius around the purple countdown tile and deals 500 damage to the target enemy. If you have a friendly protect tile on the board, heals Cable for 5% of his health. Also destroys a single enemy special tile, gaining 1 purple AP in the process. Destroyed tiles do not gain AP or deal extra damage.
    Two Covers: Deals 700 damage, heals cable for 10% of his health. Gains 2 purple AP when destroying a special tile.
    Three Covers: Deals 850 damage. Heals cable for 15% of his health. Gains 3 purple AP when destroying a special tile.
    Four Covers: Deals 950 damage. Heals Cable for 20% of his health. Gains 4 purple AP when destroying a special tile.
    Five Covers: Deals 1100 damage. Heals Cable for 25% of his health. Gains 5 purple AP when destroying a special tile.

purpleflag.png 11 AP Temporal Warp: Cable travels just a few seconds ahead through time to unleash a devastating attack! Cable is pulled away from battle for 2-turns(Much like Colossus' Fastball special), and returns dealing 700 damage to the target enemy and destroying all enemy strike tiles. If any member of the opposing team is stunned, extend stun duration by 1. Destroyed tiles do not deal extra damage or gain AP.
    Three Covers: Deals 1000 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys protect tiles.
    Four Covers: Deals 1500 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys attack tiles.
    Five Covers: Deals 2500 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys countdown tiles.

IMO Cable would be much more interesting a character to play if his T.O Virus was more of a debilitating factor in exchange for his other two powers being real powerful.
    Or we could make the T.O Virus a situation all demon/angel ability.

For example:
    T.O Virus (Passive)
    Every time an Cable fires a power, his T.O Virus threatens to consume him, dealing 1200 damage to himself.
    When Cable's health is under 30%, the T.O Virus works to keep him alive, restoring 7% of his health every turn until he has more than 30% health

Something like that would be cool, but I'm not entirely sure if the T.O Virus works that way ie. Helps keep him alive lol.
    Good day!
  • Dccrulez
    Dccrulez Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    3144704.jpg
    Cable

blackflag.png(Passive) Techno-Organic Mesh: Cable's body, being infected by the T-O virus makes him both man and machine. But he also must use his own mutant powers to keep the virus in check. At the start of your turn, Cable places a 3-turn blue countdown tile. When activated, deals 500 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a friendly strength 20 blue strike tile. Matching blue tiles will extend the countdown by 1 turn. When matched by your team, creates a strength 90 blue protect tile, if matched by the enemy create a strength 20 enemy strike tile. Max three special tiles per team.
    Five Covers: Deals 1250 damage to both Cable and the enemy, and creates a strength 175 protect tile when matched by your team. Max four special tiles per team.

blueflag.png 6 AP Psionic Blast: Cable uses his psionic eye to crush the enemy's mind! Stuns the target enemy for 1 turn, dealing an extra 70 damage for each special tile on the board and creates a 3-turn purple countdown tile which is locked in place. While this tile is on the board, this ability becomes Psionic Spike.

purpleflag.png 11 AP Temporal Warp: Cable travels just a few seconds ahead through time to unleash a devastating attack! Cable is pulled away from battle for 2-turns(Much like Colossus' Fastball special), and returns dealing 700 damage to the target enemy and destroying all enemy strike tiles. If any member of the opposing team is stunned, extend stun duration by 1. Destroyed tiles do not deal extra damage or gain AP.
    Three Covers: Deals 1000 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys protect tiles.
    Four Covers: Deals 1500 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys attack tiles.
    Five Covers: Deals 2500 damage to the target enemy. Also destroys countdown tiles.

IMO Cable would be much more interesting a character to play if his T.O Virus was more of a debilitating factor in exchange for his other two powers being real powerful.
    Or we could make the T.O Virus a situation all demon/angel ability.

For example:
    T.O Virus (Passive)
    Every time an Cable fires a power, his T.O Virus threatens to consume him, dealing 1200 damage to himself.
    When Cable's health is under 30%, the T.O Virus works to keep him alive, restoring 7% of his health every turn until he has more than 30% health

Something like that would be cool, but I'm not entirely sure if the T.O Virus works that way ie. Helps keep him alive lol.
    Good day!
    I had the same criticism in mind. I feel the TO should provide passive healing over time, BUT when any ability is used, it damages cable.