More Supercharged

Options
THEMAGICkMAN
THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
This was by far my favourite gamemode, I'd love to see it again. Please give us more Supercharged events.

(and less enraged while you're at it)

Comments

• Machine
    Machine Posts: 789 Critical Contributor
    Options

I actually like the Enraged Mode. Keeps the games nice and short. Having said that, I also like the supercharged mode. It's one way to cast some of those overcostly spells and creatures.

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Enraged is fine in moderation, but we really need to move on from it instead of constantly reusing it. 
  • shteev
    shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    There are events every single day with Enraged and Supercharged in them, which is plenty for me, especially as I don't play them. I'd like to see something different enter the event rotation now. (Along with, yknow, incredibly simple changes like changing node colors in existing events).
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Far as I'm concerned, jet, you're hired. Love the ideas.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,935 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Too bad they will make us pay 60 crystals to play such modes
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    edited April 2017
    Options
    bbbbbut you'll get worthless booster pack so as far as D3 is concerned they are doing you a favour. Forget the fact that actually You are chasing cards from other packs like SOI or BFZ, KLD dupes is what you will be getting. :dizzy:

If we cant have free events I think next best idea would be to be able to choose Booster set when you pay 60 crystals a simple popup message asking you which booster pack You would like to get as a progression reward
  • Matthew
    Matthew Posts: 605 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    jetnoctis said:
    Enraged made perfect sense during SOI/EMN - because everyone was going battinykitty insane (in the lore). In Kaladesh - nope, I'm sorry,  it's just lazy, unimaginative programming.  Why did you do not have something thematically appropriate to KLD like, I dunno, AETHERISED where five random gems get energised every turn. You can bet your bottom dollar we would all have LOVED KLD when it was first released (remember how much we hated energy?) if we got a mode that helped us to enjoy the mechanics. Another sweet as mode for the other focus - vehicles - could have been something like RACE mode, where on the first turn any vehicles in hand get 1 mana, then 2nd turn they get 2 mana, 3rd turn they get 3 mana etc. That would be so much fun and people would WANT to play with the otherwise largely underwhelming vehicles we've got. As it stands now, a great many people I play with HATE the Fate is Rarely Fair event and can't even be bothered to play it to even progression! This game needs to be made fun again because you've totally gutted any pleasure we used to get from competing.
    Someone give this man a job. I might actually start spending money again if the development team came up with creative and interesting concepts like this for the game.

//Removed Profanity -Brigby
  • MTG_Mage
    MTG_Mage Posts: 224 Tile Toppler
    Options
    jetnoctis said:
    Enraged made perfect sense during SOI/EMN - because everyone was going battinykitty insane (in the lore). In Kaladesh - nope, I'm sorry,  it's just lazy, unimaginative programming.  Why did you do not have something thematically appropriate to KLD like, I dunno, AETHERISED where five random gems get energised every turn. You can bet your bottom dollar we would all have LOVED KLD when it was first released (remember how much we hated energy?) if we got a mode that helped us to enjoy the mechanics. Another sweet as mode for the other focus - vehicles - could have been something like RACE mode, where on the first turn any vehicles in hand get 1 mana, then 2nd turn they get 2 mana, 3rd turn they get 3 mana etc. That would be so much fun and people would WANT to play with the otherwise largely underwhelming vehicles we've got. As it stands now, a great many people I play with HATE the Fate is Rarely Fair event and can't even be bothered to play it to even progression! This game needs to be made fun again because you've totally gutted any pleasure we used to get from competing.
    @Brigby
    Atherised and Race are very good ideas and would have made this block fun.
    I was so uninspired with the new mechanics that I only played around a bit with adding energy to my decks but never bothered to try a vehicle deck (just threw in boomship because it is a good card, but of course never got any vehicle objectives from it)
    Its not too late, add these to events since we get events everyday!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    @MTG_Mage  @jetnoctis

They certainly are two interesting game modes! Please keep in mind though that the developers are very busy with developing all the upcoming features right now, so these game modes would most likely be possibilities for the long-term, as opposed to short-term-within-the-next-couple-of-updates. 

Having said that though, I'll be sure to pass that along to the developers, as I'm sure they'll be interested in checking out the idea. Thanks!