Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

12345679»

Comments

• waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    They're back!  Hurrah!
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    Brigby said:
    New McG said:
    While I appreciate the communication on this, the backtracking on this seems more disingenuous than on some of the recent changes. (For most of which I've tried to be fairly defensive of the devs.)

When the defense to this one is "well, this changed but other bugs didn't get fixed because the UI team is different from the gameplay team", and then after it's universally disliked the story changes to, "oops, no, wait it's an 'issue' to be addressed", that makes it seem like the initial story was a way to try and avoid having to deal with the bug by selling it as a "new feature". It makes it sound as if the UI team had specifically made an effort to explain why the "new feature" had happened, because otherwise it would make the most sense for it to be explained as "it's a bug, we'll get it fixed". It's mildly disheartening as someone who really wants to think the team behind the game has the best intentions, even on seemingly small things.
    I want to be as transparent as I can, so I will take fault for this confusion. This was not the fault of the development team. It was originally communicated to me as a change due to a bug, however it appears I misread it as an intentional design change, and announced it as such.

The backtracking was not to mislead the player base, but rather my correction of the announcement to display the intended appropriate information. Once again, I apologize for any confusion this may have caused.  

@Skrofa @mpqr7 [Added as they had asked about this in a previous comment]
    Apology accepted brigby
  • bluewolf
    bluewolf Posts: 5,247 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thanks for fixing this (and pushing it out before the R125)!  It makes PVE much better.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    bluewolf said:
    Thanks for fixing this (and pushing it out before the R125)!  It makes PVE much better.
    No need to thank me! The developers did all the hard work. I was just the one who told them about it :p  
  • ejm04
    ejm04 Posts: 47 Just Dropped In
    Borstock said:
    ejm04 said:
    Borstock said:
    I don't like the change, but I will admit to having a hard time figuring out what is so difficult about keeping track of how many times you've cleared a node. I always play in order. That order changes depending on my mood and whether or not I'm competing or just clearing for rewards, but it's an order nonetheless. I rarely look at the clears number at all. I know how many times I've cleared a particular node because I know where I am in the order.

That works for ordered subs. Florida was a mess. Savage Land isn't much better. There are plenty out there that aren't along a straight progression.
    Yeah, it's really difficult for me to move from left to right.

Those playing for placement prefer a different order in most cases.
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Brigby said:
    No need to thank me! The developers did all the hard work. I was just the one who told them about it :p  
    Would they have solved it without anyone telling them?  :p
  • Felonius
    Felonius Posts: 289 Mover and Shaker

Thank you MPQ for restoring the green checkmarks.  Was a busy Holiday weekend and this was the soonest I could get back to the forums to relay my appreciation for the fix I noticed last week.

Thanks!!!!!