Stop this unfair flow of rare cards to the top players

Options
shteev
shteev Posts: 2,031 Chairperson of the Boards
With the advent of update 2.0, those at the top of the game will be getting a constant stream of rares from events, leaving all the other players in the game far behind.

This is totally unfair. The best way to even this out and help the new player experience would be to remove rares as the top prizes for events. Rares should be an occasional prize opened from boosters maybe once a month, and all players should have an equitable chance at getting them, otherwise the rich will just keep getting richer.

Comments

• aenigmaeffect
    aenigmaeffect Posts: 55 Match Maker
    Options
    I think you dropped this:

"/s"

;)
  • shteev
    Options
    I added a 'snark' tag to the list of tags, but they don't seem to show up anywhere?
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It's not just that the more experienced players get more rare cards, but they also will get more rare duplicates! Totally unfair! The unfairness of the duplicate issue with common and uncommon cards in daily packs is so obvious I will not even mention it.
  • morgue427
    morgue427 Posts: 783 Critical Contributor
    Options
    it isnt that i get commons and uncommons so much but getting more than one in the same pack that bothers me most had plenty where it was essentially a booster pack because of the dupes of dupes within one pack
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You really shouldn't call them free rares. It is really a lot of work to get top 10 and we earned them. There's nothing unfair here. If you remove the rare prize for top 10 coalition I will lose every hope to get a fifth copy of Glint Sleeve Siphonner and I'll consider quitting this game
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:
    I added a 'snark' tag to the list of tags, but they don't seem to show up anywhere?

It was there before, got modded maybe?
  • shteev
    Options
    @THEMAGICkMAN I don't see where to view the tags on my thread. Where are they?
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Options
    Huh I saw it before... Try looking on mobile

(And god, I can see why @Brigbywas dreading the addition of @ mentions. Its horrible :P)
  • shteev
    Options
    You're right, mobile displays them, but I can't see them on my PC. Hey, cool, we can send each other secret messages then :)
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Best tags ever. 
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    shteev said:
    With the advent of update 2.0, those at the top of the game will be getting a constant stream of rares from events, leaving all the other players in the game far behind.

This is totally unfair. The best way to even this out and help the new player experience would be to remove rares as the top prizes for events. Rares should be an occasional prize opened from boosters maybe once a month, and all players should have an equitable chance at getting them, otherwise the rich will just keep getting richer.
    fully agree, another rich getting richer situation, I think the only fair answer would be to ban anyone who has more than 10 rares to make this game "more accessible to new players"
  • Justyce
    Justyce Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    Maybe they can give the same rare every month for 12 months 
  • ElfNeedsFood
    ElfNeedsFood Posts: 944 Critical Contributor
    Options
    shteev said:

Just build up 300 crystals and you can get your guaranteed rare. 
  • Onus
    Onus Posts: 12 Just Dropped In
    Options
    With the dupe system due up soon, this will be a serious problem. You will be receiving more dupe (economic currency) than the lower tier players and you will once again be running away from the casual players. And probably even faster than before since there's no way to catch up unless you whale.

The best course of action is to make a drastic overhaul in the reward structure to alienate the top tier players and end any meaningful competition within the game. Making the game worthless to play and everyone quitting. Then we will have a brand new bunch of suckers to scam. Oh wait, they did that already and they are still here. Stay tuned for the next big overhaul
  • shteev
    Options
    @Brigby If you're picking out tags for me, I think I'd prefer 'Satire'.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    and if we are cleaning up topics can we also mark newest update thread with the same tags ?