How do buffs work (Hero LRs)

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Is every hero buffed by the same percentage?

I ask because I had a Punisher & Patch and I wanted Patch to tank green & red. Patch's green and red damage without buffs are higher than Punisher's. But after the buffs are applied, Punisher's green and red are higher than Patch's.

Now my Patch is higher than Punisher due to some leveling so it is irrelevant, but I would still like to know.

Comments

• Are they the same level? If they're the same level, their position on the team is the tiebreaker if the strengths are equal (middle > left > center). Since the featured hero is always in the center, this means they'll always have the tiebreaker with whoever else that is the same level with same strength.
  • I'll go into detail.

Patch is lower level than Punisher. The following numbers are not exact as I'm doing it from memory, but they are just to illustrate the situation (but I quadruple check to make sure Patch's were definitely higher pre-buffs).

Before Buffs:

Patch (12x):
    G: 60
    R: 53

Punisher (132):
    G: 58
    R: 52

After buffs:

Patch:
    G: 85
    R: 70

Punisher:
    G: 88
    R: 72

These numbers are not accurate but they show what I'm referring to. Patch was higher before buffs but Punisher benefited more from the buffs as his was higher after.
  • Kyoku wrote:
    I'll go into detail.

Patch is lower level than Punisher. The following numbers are not exact as I'm doing it from memory, but they are just to illustrate the situation (but I quadruple check to make sure Patch's were definitely higher pre-buffs).

Before Buffs:

Patch (12x):
    G: 60
    R: 53

Punisher (132):
    G: 58
    R: 52

After buffs:

Patch:
    G: 85
    R: 70

Punisher:
    G: 88
    R: 72

These numbers are not accurate but they show what I'm referring to. Patch was higher before buffs but Punisher benefited more from the buffs as his was higher after.

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe the current featured character gets a bigger buff? Punisher should never have a higher green than Patch if Patch is even the same level otherwise since green is Patch's strongest color but is not for Punisher.
  • I actually had the exact same issue with Punisher and Hulk! And Punisher showed up stronger in an IM40 lightning round, so it wasn't even the featured character getting the bigger buff.

The only thing I could imagine was that the higher level character gets a bigger buff, because if it was the same multiplier, there is no way one could suddenly become stronger than the other.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Are they the same level? If they're the same level, their position on the team is the tiebreaker if the strengths are equal (middle > left > center). Since the featured hero is always in the center, this means they'll always have the tiebreaker with whoever else that is the same level with same strength.
    Im a bit confused with your terms. (middle>left>center) middle and center are the same term. what do you mean exactly?
    Or if anyone else has an answer:
    In a non character locked scenario what order determines the tie breaker? (Left/middle/Right)
    In a character locked scenario what order determines the tie breaker? (Left/locked middle/Right)
  • Phantron wrote:
    Are they the same level? If they're the same level, their position on the team is the tiebreaker if the strengths are equal (middle > left > center). Since the featured hero is always in the center, this means they'll always have the tiebreaker with whoever else that is the same level with same strength.
    Im a bit confused with your terms. (middle>left>center) middle and center are the same term. what do you mean exactly?
    In a non character locked scenario what order determines the tie breaker? (Left/middle/Right)
    In a character locked scenario what order determines the tie breaker? (Left/locked middle/Right)

It's always middle > left > right, but when featured characters are involved, they're fixed in the center position so it may give you a different result than what you're normally used to. For example I usually put Patch in middle because you want him to get as many emblem as you can, but in LRs someone else may be forced to take the center position so this prevents you from setting up your team the normal way.
  • DD-The-Mighty
    DD-The-Mighty Posts: 350 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Phantron wrote:
    Phantron wrote:

It's always middle > left > right, but when featured characters are involved, they're fixed in the center position so it may give you a different result than what you're normally used to. For example I usually put Patch in middle because you want him to get as many emblem as you can, but in LRs someone else may be forced to take the center position so this prevents you from setting up your team the normal way.
    Got it. thanks.