Known Issue: Story Mode Nodes *Updated (4/13/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited April 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hi Everyone,

Edit: Apologies for the confusion. I spoke with the team this morning, and they have informed me that this UI change was the result of a known bug. Rest assured that the team is still actively looking into it, and I have updated the title to add clarity.

In addition, I want to thank everyone for the collaborative effort of brainstorming various UI designs. It definitely shows the creativity of the community, and the passion for the game that drives it, and I will be sure to relay your ideas to the team.

Tagged:

Comments

• DyingLegend
    DyingLegend Posts: 1,191 Chairperson of the Boards
    Apparently this is there most pressing issue...... I
  • Brigby
    I appreciate the response but this doesn't really help when you want to quickly glance at your progress.  you still have to select the node (and enter the node) before you see that.  a while back, it used to not enter the node when you select it the first time but you can still see how many times you cleared the node.
    Thanks for the feedback! I'll be sure to pass yours, along with everyone else's, to the developers.
  • killerkoala
    killerkoala Posts: 1,185 Chairperson of the Boards
    is there a way to put a "points worth" into the UI so we can just look at the top of the node and know the points it is worth; so we don't need to click it to know how much they are worth?
  • mwc
    mwc Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    I liked the green check mark. Rarely would I ever even have the time to hit a node more than 6 times during a sub. @Brigby Can you ask them why they felt this was a needed change? Has there been confusion or something that after the green check mark showed that the node was worth 0 points?

I would think more people would be irritated/confused with the new way having to re-check everything that they may have already hit 6 times, except for maybe one or two nodes. Another frustrating change...coming out of a hole in the middle of left field. Is that where the devs have buried their heads? 
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    I still don't understand what the point of the change was... so it no longer gives a green check mark when your 6/6 rewards are achieved. They're saying that it stays yellow to show it has more points but no rewards? If we grind it to 1 point will it change to a green check mark?
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    Nope..........
  • Brigby
    edited April 2017
    Pongie said:
    use the same shield rank xp concept for each node. Have a ring around the node that is the bar of points. Full circle means full points, partial circle is refreshing and no circle is done
    Definitely an interesting idea, but how would you determine the amount of points without entering it though? 
  • waywreth
    waywreth Posts: 303 Mover and Shaker
    Some kind of notification on how many times you've played the node would be the best if the points it's currently worth could not be displayed.

Add me as another person who does not like this change.
  • Brigby
    irwando said:
    "Should we fix any of the reported bugs? Or respond to the pushback on vaulting?"

"Nah, let's make something else worse so they'll ignore everything else that we aren't doing!"

"Ship it!"
    Please keep in mind that the UI designers are not the same people as the gameplay designers / programmers. It is possible for graphical changes to be worked on at the same time as gameplay features and fixes.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    irwando said:
    "Should we fix any of the reported bugs? Or respond to the pushback on vaulting?"

"Nah, let's make something else worse so they'll ignore everything else that we aren't doing!"

"Ship it!"
    Please keep in mind that the UI designers are not the same people as the gameplay designers / programmers. It is possible for graphical changes to be worked on at the same time as gameplay features and fixes.
    Of all the UI improvements we've asked for over the last 3 years, this is not one of them
  • WRIGHT3OUS
    WRIGHT3OUS Posts: 60 Match Maker
    It honestly just seems like they are making things up at this point.  Every update is filled with bugs that they aren't even addressing.  But they want us to toss money to buy HP to spend on the game.