New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Comments

• matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:
    Hi Everyone. You've all presented some very great questions, and I will answer as many as I can! For any other questions, I will be sure to pass it along to the development team when they're back in the office tomorrow.
    Brigby said:

This is an additional store, separate from the current DDQ vault.

So, no changes to the DDQ vault?
    This announcement is specifically to provide the details for the Heroes for Hire store. As of right now, I don't have any information pertaining to the DDQ vault. 
    Is it silly that I tend to feel special when you reply directly to me? Thank you for the answer!
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    @Brigby - is this new store a permanent fixture or a limited time offer?

I like the sound of it, but I'll reserve judgment for when I see the prices and details.  
    As of right now, I can't say for sure. This is one of the few times the team has tried a bundle that seems to allow for direct purchase of a specific comic, so I would imagine there will be some testing and evaluating before settling on some sort of decision.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is this something we can purchase with HP, or is it cash-only?

Edit: And we'd obviously like to know the costs of each and exactly what we're getting.

Do VIP players get free access?
    @Brigby Do you have info on the cost, required currency, and how VIP factors into it, or is that all info you're waiting on?
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Is this something we can purchase with HP, or is it cash-only?

Edit: And we'd obviously like to know the costs of each and exactly what we're getting.

Do VIP players get free access?
    @Brigby Do you have info on the cost, required currency, and how VIP factors into it, or is that all info you're waiting on?
    I unfortunately do not have specifics pertaining to the cost, required currency, nor how VIP factors into it. Thankfully the store will be available in less than 12 hours, so you won't need to wait long to find out!
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Sounds like a 5 item vault to me with no single buy option, day zero will be 5 covers, then 1 cover, cp, token, and iso, maybe 2 tokens, hero and elite.

Also guessing it's an hp purchase
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    A SS or 2 would really help with our questions
  • halirin
    halirin Posts: 327 Mover and Shaker
    Whoops, guess I shouldn't have been such an hp spendthrift. 
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Color me cautiously intrigued.

Whether I remain so depends on:

1)  whether "includes" means the cover in question is one of several possible outcomes to the purchase, or whether the purchase is a bundle with fixed covers as well as the other stuff;
    2) what the cost to purchase is;
    and 3) will the purchase be a hard currency buy, or will it be obtainable with HP (presumably not CP if the purchase is returning CP)?

If the answers to those three points are satisfactory, I could see myself participating.
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Seems like maybe it has potential, or at least not as bad as the current character vaults, but I'm still more interested in a real solution to vaulting.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    Know what would be really nice? What if instead of a store that changed daily, it changed weekly (or when taco tokens change flavor) that only contained the 4*s in the Burrito for a set period. Especially if it was a CP store.
  • Daredevil217
    Daredevil217 Posts: 3,894 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm thinking this is going to cost real money and not in-game currency. God I hope I'm wrong but I just have a feeling with how these decisions have been lately.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Know what would be really nice? What if instead of a store that changed daily, it changed weekly (or when taco tokens change flavor) that only contained the 4*s in the Burrito for a set period. Especially if it was a CP store.
    I don't think that would be an improvement. The next 5 Burrito 4*s are Hulkbuster, Medusa, War Machine, Wasp, and Ghost Rider (so says this thread).

You're suggesting a store that lasts for the next five-day Taco Vault cycle, and features all five of them, right?

Because the current announcement suggests a store that features ONE of them each day, rotating through in order. You won't have as much time to get each character, but you'll have the luxury of only going after that character. So if you only want Medusa, you can wait until her day. Your suggestion would have people who only want Medusa having to cross their fingers and hope they don't pull War Machine or one of the other threee instead.

As announced, someone who only wants to go after Hulkbuster and Ghost Rider can do so. Your proposed change takes that away, with no added benefit (that I can see).

Unless I'm missing something entirely?
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    My idea is for a token store with just covers, like the legendaries store we have now. No ISO, HP, CP, or tokens for other stores. You might not get the character you're dying for, but you will get a cover, and with the rotation the way it is, it'll be a cover for a vaulted character. I doubt they're going to let us just straight up buy a cover we want for in-game currency without emptying a vault full of trash, and they really seem to love using RNG gatekeeping. So my idea is something that has the RNG gatekeeping so they don't feel like they're giving us exactly what we want while still giving us a better shot at what we want.

And something that works to alleviate vaulting without Vintage Heroics-level dilution, which I'm kinda afraid the "These offers come with Tokens, Iso-8 and/or Command Points." bullet point will translate to.
  • TheVulture
    TheVulture Posts: 413 Mover and Shaker
    I'm thinking this is going to cost real money and not in-game currency. God I hope I'm wrong but I just have a feeling with how these decisions have been lately.
    To be honest, I'm open to a real money offering - the in-game currency store has always been out of whack, so I'd welcome a genuine MICROtransaction with actual value for money.  :)
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    After further thought, although this could end up being a great change, I am betting on them missing the mark on price.  This is the same company that doesn't think $100 is worth enough ISO to level a legendary character.