New Store - Heroes for Hire (4/11/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin

Hi Everyone,

Following the previous update to Deadpool's Daily Quest, we wanted to give players additional ways to improve their roster, but this time tying it closely to the DDQ character rotations that players have grown accustomed to. 

Starting tomorrow at 7:00 AM EDT, players will have access to the Heroes for Hire store page. This page gives players the option of purchasing a cover for a hero as well as getting some Tokens, Iso-8 and Command Points.

• There's a new store in the "Recruit Heroes" section of the game called Heroes for Hire
  • Each day, a new hero is available to be purchased.
    • Players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 3-Star cover. 
    • Players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will have the opportunity to purchase a offer that includes a 4-Star Hero.
  • These offers come with Tokens, Iso-8 and/or Command Points.
  • Starting Thursday, 4/13, the offers will be timed with the featured 3-Stars and 4-Stars of Deadpool's Daily Quest. 
    • The 3-Star offer features the 3-Star from Dat Required Character mission.
    • The 4-Star offer features the 4-Star from The Behemoth Burrito mission.
  • The first day of the offer will be special Heroes for Hire themed offer:
    • Offers for players under S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 will include Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) and Luke Cage (Hero for Hire).
    • Offers for players at S.H.I.E.L.D. Rank 30 or higher will include Iron Fist (Danny Rand), Luke Cage (Hero for Hire), The Hulk (Indestructible), Doctor Strange (Stephen Strange), and Black Panther (T'Challa).
In addition, this will be one of the rare times we decide to offer a direct avenue for acquiring a specific character you want.

Comments

• vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    This will change each day to correspond with the behemoth?
  • smkspy
    smkspy Posts: 2,024 Chairperson of the Boards
    So is this just a more focused deadpool token? What are the odds and prices here? 
  • Brigby
    This will change each day to correspond with the behemoth?
    Yes. With the exception of the first day of the offer, which will feature special Heroes for Hire characters, each day should correspond to the 4-Star in the Behemoth Burrito mission.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    I am confused.. the post states I can purchase a cover but also get Tokens, CP and Iso.. is this store a vault or will there be additional nodes for DDQ? Is this replacing the current DDQ Taco vaults or is it an additional store?

• vinsensual
    I'm imagining it's something like a daily resupply package available for purchase.
  • Brigby
    edited April 2017
    I am confused.. the post states I can purchase a cover but also get Tokens, CP and Iso.. is this store a vault or will there be additional nodes for DDQ? Is this replacing the current DDQ Taco vaults or is it an additional store?

This is an additional store, separate from the current DDQ vault.
    Edit: Along with the character of the day from DDQ, these offers come with Tokens, Iso-8 and/or Command Points.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I'd love specifics on costs and what exactly is available, but I suppose we will find out in about 11 hours. 
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards
    lets reserve comment for another 12 hours to see what actually shows up.  I'm a bit confused as well,  but we'll all know in 12 hrs.
  • MaxxPowerz
    MaxxPowerz Posts: 276 Mover and Shaker
    Still doesn't really address the problem that champ rewards for characters have basically become a lost cause, but if I could come up on a cover for a character I badly need that isn't offered anymore I would consider it.
  • Ayasugi-san
    Ayasugi-san Posts: 116 Tile Toppler
    I'm cautiously optimistic, but reserving judgment until we find out the costs, the odds of getting the essential character, and how many covers for them we can get (please let it be more than one?).
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Is this something we can purchase with HP, or is it cash-only?

Edit: And we'd obviously like to know the costs of each and exactly what we're getting.

Do VIP players get free access?
  • matthatter
    matthatter Posts: 151 Tile Toppler
    Brigby said:

So, no changes to the DDQ vault?
  • vinsensual
    If yall could make this colorless, you'd be swimming in HP like Scrooge McDuck.
  • Brigby
    edited April 2017
    Hi Everyone. You've all presented some very great questions, and I will answer as many as I can! For any other questions, I will be sure to pass it along to the development team when they're back in the office tomorrow.
    Brigby said:

So, no changes to the DDQ vault?
    This announcement is specifically to provide the details for the Heroes for Hire store. As of right now, I don't have any information pertaining to the DDQ vault. 
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    Cautiously optimistic about this.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:

Edit: Along with the character of the day from DDQ, these offers come with Tokens, Iso-8 and/or Command Points.
    Thanks for the reply. So is this replacing the specific 4* vault (currently Wolverine which ends in 5hrs)? Or will that still continue to run as well?
  • Brigby
    Brigby said:

Thanks for the reply. So is this replacing the specific 4* vault (currently Wolverine which ends in 5hrs)? Or will that still continue to run as well?
    To my knowledge, as well as based off the information in the announcement, this is a completely new store that doesn't seem to replace any of the vaults.
    (Plus this store starts at 7am EDT, so it wouldn't impact the Wolverine vault even if it wasn't separate)
  • Merrick
    Merrick Posts: 198 Tile Toppler
    Thanks for trying new things. If the cost isn't prohibitively expensive, this looks to be a great addition. 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    @Brigby - is this new store a permanent fixture or a limited time offer?

I like the sound of it, but I'll reserve judgment for when I see the prices and details.