**** Elektra (Unkillable) ****

Comments

• Tiger_Wong
    Tiger_Wong Posts: 1,013 Chairperson of the Boards
    @Dormammu

that team of C3ge/Elektra/IW is interesting but I wonder about the overlap if Elektra's trap tile is out and someone matches C3ges red. The next turn, it might take it. Also C3ges black is a CD and turns up randomly. So that would make 3 colors for it to be taken by our own character. :/

@hopper1979

That team of C4ge/Elektra/IW sounds like a defensive nightmare! Lol. And like you said, you can use yellow for defense with Sue or offense with Luke. I don't know if locked tiles count as fortified ones but I'll check it out. Elektra can't convert locked tiles though. That I know. 

Both of you got me hooked on teaming Big Pun with Elektra to the point that I think it's a DAMN GOOD duo. I'm gonna try them with Medusa (who I now have at 4/3/4). Elektra and Medusa will be dealing attack tile/trap tile damage while building green and black for Big Pun. Once 1 character is down, Frank can go to work. You can flood the field with Elektras purple tile to give Medusa something to match and get free AP (blue, green, or purple). 

I tried BigPun/Elektra/TAH earlier and I thought it was ok. I like the damage TAHs CD does and it throws out green for Pun. He's also got a lot of HP so he can absorb a bunch of damage. I've got him champed too. 
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Medusa will be solid thanks to her heal, that group should have good surviveability and crazy damage. Just got her final card yesterday and another today so I am working on championing her asap Electra/4Cage/Medusa might be another solid combo and even more of a nightmare in PVE due to Cages shield getting more activations.  Only need 400 K iso to max Cage and Medusa then I will let you know :)

• MoosePrime
    MoosePrime Posts: 946 Critical Contributor

that team of C3ge/Elektra/IW is interesting but I wonder about the overlap if Elektra's trap tile is out and someone matches C3ges red. The next turn, it might take it. Also C3ges black is a CD and turns up randomly. So that would make 3 colors for it to be taken by our own character. :/

Your abilities won't overwrite your traps.  So Cage won't make his protect tile on Electra's Ballet of Death trap, and his CD won't overwrite her Shadow Step trap.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Just saying..... and idky it took me so long to see this....

3*Iron Fist has that passive that's always going off. Champed, it's usually a 557 attack tile. 

I double cross it. 

Thats a 771 strike tile for me. But IFs tile comes back the next turn. I take that one too. 

Two 771 attack tiles. 

L
    o
    l
  • spectator
    spectator Posts: 395 Mover and Shaker
    Elektra double double cross isn't quite that effective for continual stealing of if or cage tiles because she leaves behind 3 enemy strike tiles every cast
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Sure, she'll only get her own strikes back some of the time. You can match those away first at least some of the time. If it really bothers you, bring along someone who fills up Purple tiles (Doom comes to mind, I'm sure there are others)
  • hopper1979

Your abilities won't overwrite your traps.  So Cage won't make his protect tile on Electra's Ballet of Death trap, and his CD won't overwrite her Shadow Step trap.
    It will not overwrite the tiles but you may not have any black tiles for shadow strike to be cast on especially in pve, I have already run into that multiple time, I do not mind in most cases because Cages black helps protect anybody up front Electra only herself.  Minimize her black if you are running that group.  

I was messing with the 4-Cage/Electra/Medusa combo at lunch very solid as well especially if you get a lot of shields out.  I think it is a little better offensively, yellow goes towards Cages attack instead of than the invisible for IW.  You will go through health packs a little faster since Medusa is not a true heal while IW helps you avoid most attacks altogether with her invisibility.  I think I lost about 100 hp per team mate with the team in the Deadpool daily as opposed to 100 total with the other group.  :)  With any of these teams you really need that red out for them to shine however and that should be your top priority if playing with either one.  If you are out for speed and pure damage go the Electra/BigPun and IW rout.  Again I might be tempted to put 4Cage in place of IW especially in PVE, might have to try that one soon also.  Now after all this wondering if 4-Blade might work well especially if you, again, get Electra's red out quickly.  Right now 3 very solid teams for Electra, 2 I will have to play test.  She is still not acting as a tank which is what I want with the demise of OML :)
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    She is still not acting as a tank which is what I want with the demise of OML :)
    Can X-23 tank?
  • hopper1979
    edited April 2017
    I don't know yet I got sidetracked running Electra/BigPun/4Cage and Electra/IW/4Cage through the current PVP event :).   My worry with X-23 tanking is that I think Electra does more damage on all the colors (or 2/3) X-23 needs to activate savage healing so she will not get the heal, she is a horrible tank if she cannot get those heals.  Also my Electra is 273 while X-23 is stuck at 250 which makes it even more likely but I still have to double check.  I like the two above teams better and I am going to add Medusa in the mix for BigPun and IW since they seem to get beat up the most on these team atm.
  • hopper1979
    I have been messing with the various teams we have been talking about for the last week I am going with Electra/IW/4Cage as the best of the group so far especially in PVE.  I am still leveling Cage so I have not messed with this team much in PVP but they are really solid in PVE.  Cage lays down the defensive tiles while you collect red, blue and yellow, red is the top priority, you want the ap stealing asap.  Control the board with IW blue, stop countdowns tiles etc, if you are really in a pinch cast her yellow if you are about to get whacked by a single target nuke.  By turn 3-5 you should have a dance of death out and then it is basically game over.  Keep spamming blue to increase damage and control countdowns, cast Electra's pink to steal tiles or double cast to make good ones for yourself.  Hit with Cages yellow if you have good control of the board or save it for an invisibility if you run into trouble.  Any black can go towards Electra's black to absorb the single target nukes so more yellow ap can go to Cage.  Top priority on the kill should be anybody who has an aoe since invisibility does not help much there.  As long as you avoid the aoe this team should not take more than 50-100 hp damage a round.  Great surviveability team to help with those health packs.  Not a super fast team but in pve this is not an issue, for pvp might be a good defensive team, probably a little slow to be super competitive.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Been thinking about it but I don't have the covers to try it out so I'm throwing this out there.....

Patch
    Elektra
    Ironheart

The plan is to flood the board with enemy purple strike tiles and then have Riri move them to the center to be matched. Problem is, my Riri is at 1/3/3 so I can't really practice it. 

• Jaedenkaal
    Hm. I can give that a try (sort of). I can't help feeling like that 8 green, 7 purple, and 9 Blue could be used to pull off something better.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Doesn't have to include green AND purple. Can be one or the other. Could also push Patchs green to 5. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ok I tried this a bit and so far my feelings are: If this is a combo, Elektra is not a vital part of it. 

It also really fails (this is true of Magnetic Repulsors in general) if the enemy team makes a bunch of special tiles that aren't purple, and even more so of they make special tiles in two or more colors that aren't purple.

Since DDC steals all types of enemy tiles now we might be better off looking to combo Elektra with Phoenix.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Well the point of Elektra/Patch/Riri is that they would be good vs teams that don't generate a lot of A/S/P tiles. In theory anyway. 
  • Jaedenkaal
    I'd have recommended Carnage for that, except for his unfortunate change at the same time. That might have been vicious.
  • Tiger_Wong
    Champed Elektra today. Woohoo!

people are underestimating Medusa/IW/Elektra. It's been getting me wins in black vortex on defense. All 3 are champed. 

Running Elektra at 4/5/4

back to looking for a 3rd with Big Pun/Elektra. Leaning towards Medusa who I'm running at 5/5/3. 
  • hopper1979
    Big Pun gets hit hard when he is with Electra, Medusa will be a good counter to keep his health up.  The only just minimize Medusa's pink  with this group.  I still think the earlier team of Pun/Electra/IW will be more effective, more control, yellow has a use now which is does not with the other group.  Instead of Big Pun I might recommend 4Cage, a little lighter on damage but much better on suitability.  I have really been enjoying her update I am using her much more often.  If you have Miles he works really well with Electra as well you will be hammering people with sneak attack constantly.  I would make Electra 3/5/5 if you pair her with Miles so you can shadow step since pink goes to Miles, throw in Gwen and you have your healing (not sure how well that works I do not have any levels in her yet but I want to try that one out at some point) IW would also be a good 3rd for Electra and Miles.  Keep suggesting team ups Tiger we will make her popular :)
  • Jaedenkaal
    Ok, I think I can go back to recommending a pairing with Carnage. 
  • Tiger_Wong
    Ok, I think I can go back to recommending a pairing with Carnage. 
    Elektra/Medusa/Carnage. I was thinking about this today. My Carnage is at 2/3/4. Medusa not only keeps the team healthy but keeps you getting purple and green AP for Elektra and Carnage. I'm thinking, you use Elektra's red early, and Carnage's red as a finisher. The opposing attack tiles become food for DDC to pump up your tile damage. I'd use Carnage's green power if none of Elektras trap tiles are on the board. 

I need to find out if Carnage's passive will knock out Elektras trap tiles. 

This team will do a lot of tile and trap damage but not a lot of power damage. Probably Good vs teams that want you activate powers (strange, starlord, 4Cage) and vs Peggy. I worry about Elektra's traps getting overridden.