Medusa Purple (Hair Meddle) sometimes fails to steal tiles [Devs aware]

BearVenger
BearVenger Posts: 453 Mover and Shaker
edited September 2017 in MPQ Bugs and Technical Issues
I don't have enough photos to submit as proof for a formal ticket, but I'd like to ask if anyone else has activated Hair Meddle and had enemy strike/attack/protect tiles be shuffled without being converted to friendly tiles.

I run a champed Medusa with 5 in purple, so I shouldn't be limited in power by any stretch. However, when I trigger purple, I'd say anywhere from 1/3 to 2/3 of the moved tiles are unconverted. It seems particularly noticeable on a heavily-tiled board.

I've read through the power description, and I don't see any language that limits how many tiles can be swapped and upgraded by Hair Meddle.

Has anyone else experienced this with regularity?

[Moderator edit -- updated title to include name of skill for better search results. -Dayv]
Tagged:

Comments

• DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I have experienced this a couple times in the last day as well.

And this is supposed to steal all effected special tiles, even with the power at level 1. I have the power at level 4, and have never had the issue until today.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have experienced this a couple times in the last day as well.

And this is supposed to steal all effected special tiles, even with the power at level 1. I have the power at level 4, and have never had the issue until today.

Rank 1 steals only Strike tiles, rank 2-3 also steal Protect tiles, and ranks 4-5 steal attack tiles. Per the description.

Possibly the power is only counting the 16 tiles that were selected to be swapped, and not the 16 tiles that those tiles get swapped with?
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    This still seems to be an issue. I used Medusa a number of times in the Daken PVP event, and on several occasions I used Hair Meddle and saw an enemy strike tile change position on the board but remain in enemy control.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hi everyone, I spoke with the team about this issue and the developers happen to be aware that this issue is occurring. Rest assured that a fix is in the works to resolve this.
  • blargrx
    blargrx Posts: 150 Tile Toppler
    Just came to post the same issue. Glad it's getting looked into!
  • shirwin
    shirwin Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    This happened to me several times in the past two days since I champed Medusa. In some cases during the PVE event, it did not heal or generate AP when special tiles are matched. 
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Oh good, you made Medusa a featured character while she's horribly broken.
  • penguiniffic
    penguiniffic Posts: 35 Just Dropped In
    I recently champed Medusa and encountered this a few times. Glad to hear it's a known issue being addressed.
  • Sm0keyJ0e
    Sm0keyJ0e Posts: 730 Critical Contributor
    edited May 2017
    Tombstone--your "devs aware" post was over a month ago and this issue is not listed on the current list of bugs you recently posted here.

Is there a resolution for this coming? It's really annoying trying to use this character against special tile generators.

Also, to be clear: she hasn't stolen a tile yet. There have been many she should have stolen and stole none. So this doesn't appear to be intermittent--it is a power that is simply not working at all.
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    her purple power is not converting enemy special tiles when moved by her Hair Meddle power
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yeah there's a thread about that somewhere. It does convert tiles some of the time, but not enough, and not all the time. 
  • beyonderbub
    beyonderbub Posts: 661 Critical Contributor
    I haven't been able to get it to convert ANY special enemy tiles. I missed the other thread. Saw it mentioned in another bug thread but not in its own
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    It's May 20 D3 and her purple still isn't working right.

When is this going to get fixed ?

Just today I had a goon fight, used her purple twice. First time it didn't steal any of the swapped special tiles, the second time it stole a few protect tiles. She is 1 of my most used characters due to being great in pve and against goons, I've noticed her purple sometimes it steals some tiles sometimes it does not. It's very frustrating how long this has been a known issue for and still has not been fixed.
  • KillaBeeSwarm
    KillaBeeSwarm Posts: 42 Just Dropped In
    Experienced this today during Behemoth Burrito. Fired 3* Wolverine's Berserker Rage twice to generate nearly a dozen Purple strike tiles. Then used Medusa Hair Meddle. Maybe four or so strike tiles were swapped, but none were stolen. My Wolverine is 5/3/5, Medusa is 4/0/2.
  • tonypq
    tonypq Posts: 549 Critical Contributor
    edited June 2017
    Timeframe on a fix D3 ?

This is sad 2 months after being aware of the bug no comments or better yet a fix. Rolling in cash with this game and you take a snails pace to fixing your own mistakes. 
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    It still an issue. It's especially grating, when enemy used Storms Hailstorm and none of the tiles were converted after I used Medusa's purple -__-
  • Skrofa
    Skrofa Posts: 388 Mover and Shaker
    It still an issue. It's especially grating, when enemy used Storms Hailstorm and none of the tiles were converted after I used Medusa's purple -__-
    Silly question but is hair meddle at 4 or 3? At 3 covers only strikes and protects. At 4 you get attack tiles converted
  • Deilinvega
    Deilinvega Posts: 55 Match Maker
    It's usually at 4. Still excluding that I may have made a mistake that one time, the fact that against other special tile spammers she will steal one or two tiles from a dozen is just pityful and annoying.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    [Merged two threads on this issue.]
  • Tupou
    Tupou Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Should this be added to the nifty new thread consolidating known issues?