**** Wolverine (X-Force) **** [PRE 2015-04]

Comments

• DayvBang wrote:
    Oh, weak. That's not what the description in the first post of the thread implies.

Its way off. It drops 13 strike tiles at level 4 and does not affect environment tiles regardless of level.
  • Bah, wish they'd hurry up with the buff. Been sitting on a 4/4/3 and selling G/R covers in case 5 yellow is the way to go. Plus I'm not spending iso right now in case he does turn out useful so I can pump him quick.
  • entropic01 wrote:
    Bah, wish they'd hurry up with the buff. Been sitting on a 4/4/3 and selling G/R covers in case 5 yellow is the way to go. Plus I'm not spending iso right now in case he does turn out useful so I can pump him quick.

I broke down and made him 5 green. Couldn't bring myself to selling a second green cover lol. If he ends up "good" it will probably be based around the use of his green being good so I would.t be surprised if he ends up being best suited at 5/4/4, 6/3/5, or 5/5/3 anyway. I suspect the green will be mostly reworked, stats on the red will be slightly buffed, and the yellow will stay a tile but work differently. That's my guess at least. For the character and for myself I hope 5 green is the way to go because wolverine without 5 in green just seems odd at this point to me since he is all about strike tiles.

I really do hope its announced soon..even if its not immediately implemented. I am mildly afraid of what too good of a xforce could mean to game meta though. Would be a chore to push through 9k hp without easy Spiderman stuns or super magneto damage anymore especially with xforce having a heal. I don't want thr meta to be "do you have xforce? Yes, move on. N
    , get xforce the way rag used to be (I never used rag but the feeling clearly pushed most to that feeling of necessity).

My hope for changes would be something like red doing a little more damage in line with a 15 red version of the best there is while blowing up lines like it currently does. The red isn't that bad if the damage is just higher to work with the ap cost. The yellow should have lower countdown and do damage and/or build ap when it activates (either by exploding an x by x size around it and building ap via that...or just giving red and or green ap to help build up his other two abilities). The green either needs a much higher max strike tile value and costing 12 ap or costing 12 ap and exploding an x by x ...x...similar to punishe except aimed and creating strong strike tiles similar to punisher (stronger than punisher's of course).

P.s - I am big on green being 12 ap. 2** wolvie is 6 ap. 3*** 9 ap. Seems appropriate to cost 12 ap.
  • Oh wow. He drops 13 x 15 damage strike tiles at max level.
  • Kantail
    Kantail Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Finally got a 2* team to 85 a week or so ago. Along the way I've been crazy lucky with the 4* Wolverine covers, at 3/2/2 right now. I picked up 2 of his covers before I even had one 3* toon. And when I dumped money into the game it was during Best There Is.

If I hold on to win the tourney tonight, that gives me 8 of his covers. I know he's a terribly designed character but is there a time I'd actually want to use him just because of how high I can level him? Or is that just a huge iso waste since eventually I'll have 3* toons ready to level?
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Not currently. Maybe one day he'll be a powerhouse. Obviously keep him, but don't put any ISO into him until his buffs are announced.
  • Kantail
    Kantail Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Thank you! I do love that I have reasonable covers for him, assuming someday they'll fix the 4*'s
  • He's on the list to be buffed, so I'm assuming he'll become much more useful in the future. If you can get him to 3/3/3 you'll be in an ideal spot to see which covers to max out after he's been buffed.
  • Jathro
    Jathro Posts: 323 Mover and Shaker
    Is there ever a time I should use 4* Wolverine?
    Yeah, "The Best There Is" tournaments.
  • My sister just started playing and she has the 1 star starter heroes, pulled a Thor cover from a standard token and a yellow 4* Wolvie.

She is working on the Juggs part of the prologue and loves Wolvie just because of his high hp. I didn't have the heart to tell her how rare it was to pull one with a standard.
  • My sister just started playing and she has the 1 star starter heroes, pulled a Thor cover from a standard token and a yellow 4* Wolvie.

She is working on the Juggs part of the prologue and loves Wolvie just because of his high hp. I didn't have the heart to tell her how rare it was to pull one with a standard.
    Rare? I thought You can't get 4* from Standard Token.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    My sister just started playing and she has the 1 star starter heroes, pulled a Thor cover from a standard token and a yellow 4* Wolvie.

Didn't know that and I assumed it was standard because she is still in the prologue. She must have got a heroic from a daily reward then.
  • You can pull anything from a standard token, it's really rare though.
  • Emeryt wrote:
    My sister just started playing and she has the 1 star starter heroes, pulled a Thor cover from a standard token and a yellow 4* Wolvie.

Yep I pulled one once. Only once though. icon_e_sad.gif I have a few 3* I pulled from the standards as well, problem is that means i have about 4 unusable 1 cover characters.
  • i have gotten 3 x-force wolverines and an invisible woman from standard packs.... ive also gotten to destroy 3 of his yellows.
  • I saw him on daily reward list (after C. Magneto). icon_mrgreen.gif

That's a good news for first-day players icon_e_smile.gif
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    lleywen wrote:
    I saw him on daily reward list (after C. Magneto). icon_mrgreen.gif

Ooh, I just had C Mags show up the other day have about a week still to get him, but good to know X-Force Wolvie is aroudn the corner, not that I'll be finishing him anytime soon with my 1/1/2 but every little bit helps
  • lleywen wrote:

Which color?
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emeryt wrote:
    lleywen wrote:

Which color?

Green at day 149
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Very curious how they will redo XForce, my guess is they will have him something like Patch and Astonishing now. My thought is they are going to either dump his healing CD tiles, or...make them a lot shorter if they do, I'm voting they scrap it and do a combination of Astonishing where you have to match to heal, but like Patch where he can heal all the time intead of below 50%. I can see green do limited damage but generate more strike tiles, and all red's appear to be similar, at least that's what I am hoping for.
This discussion has been closed.