Power Gem Season Updates *Updated (4/6/17)

Comments

• carrion_pigeons
    carrion_pigeons Posts: 942 Critical Contributor
    I wonder how much all of this nerfing will actually affect how much people play with OML.  I mean, he's still a tank for PvE, and he hasn't been good in PvE for months anyway.  For all that people are complaining, the character still looks pretty serviceable to me.

Little more shocked at the Carnage thing.  I thought they had finally gotten him into a position where he was fun and competitive.  I thought it was deliberate.  Now he's worse than he ever was.
  • Pmball
    Pmball Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    How do I contact cs to switch my  received recruits?
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017

Adrock1020 said:
    areyes81 said:
    fmftint said:
    You're very naive. NO having one decent level 5 star DOES NOT mean you have others as well
    It's not naivety, it's just averages. If you pulled say, 10 OML covers from LTs, then you should probably have about that many SS or Phoenix covers. Maybe a few less for BB, Goblin, BSS etc. I think it's pretty naive to think someone has fully covered OML and not a single other 5-star with at least 8 covers. 
    You are naive and clearly don't have a max 5* my oml is lvl 462, that comes from that hard work you spoke of before the 5* pool was diluted and given horrible odds. My next 2 closest is 454 PHX and 451 SS, no other 5* is over 9 covers. Classics are so diluted that I only pull from latest in hopes of covering one before a new one comes out and they get regulated. It took me 1yr to cover 3 5* and at this rate will be 2 yrs before another one is. A diluted pool with horrible draw rates is why OML is popular even though he isn't the best. It's because at that level and MMR and a diluted pool, he is all folks have to survive. Otherwise they sell a max 5* and negate all the effort (and yes for some money) put into having a toon that helps against MMR where 70k Juggernauts in pve with cheap powers and against other OP 5*
    You're confusing naivety with me being unsympathetic. You're right, I don't have a champed 5-star. That doesn't even matter. I do have a bunch of champed 4-stars. If one of them got nerfed, I wouldn't being throwing an online hissy fit demanding compensation and threatening to quit the game. I would just move on to the next character. So....move on to the next character. 

The only difference is that you probably have plenty of options in 4* tier and if you don't its pretty easy to acquire them, same can't be said of 5* tier.
  • Polares
    Polares Posts: 2,643 Chairperson of the Boards
    I wonder how much all of this nerfing will actually affect how much people play with OML.  I mean, he's still a tank for PvE, and he hasn't been good in PvE for months anyway.  For all that people are complaining, the character still looks pretty serviceable to me.

Little more shocked at the Carnage thing.  I thought they had finally gotten him into a position where he was fun and competitive.  I thought it was deliberate.  Now he's worse than he ever was.
    I played against some teams with OML in PvP between yesterday and today, and he is a joke in defense now. Like completely useless, probably the WORST 5 in defense now, he can't do anything to hurt you (you still need to keep an eye for his transformation but that's it). Those PH+OML teams now are really easy to defeat.

In PVE he is still useful as long you are not playing a 'hard' match. So for the first 2 or 3 matches of every node, he will still do his job.

Carnage is now trash tier, without a doubt he is THE WORST 4 right now. His black and green are useless and his red is much worse now. This nerf makes no sense, I really don't understand why Devs did it. Seriously, he is the worst, much much worse than Venom and Reed right now.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Polares said:

I played against some teams with OML in PvP between yesterday and today, and he is a joke in defense now. Like completely useless, probably the WORST 5 in defense now, he can't do anything to hurt you (you still need to keep an eye for his transformation but that's it). Those PH+OML teams now are really easy to defeat.

In PVE he is still useful as long you are not playing a 'hard' match. So for the first 2 or 3 matches of every node, he will still do his job.

Carnage is now trash tier, without a doubt he is THE WORST 4 right now. His black and green are useless and his red is much worse now. This nerf makes no sense, I really don't understand why Devs did it. Seriously, he is the worst, much much worse than Venom and Reed right now.

Hey...don't bully reed. He's not bad at all. Although his best partners just got nerfed (OML, Carnage)

After playing with AV on Hulk PVE I think I misjudged him, boosted he is good. Carnage is not. Eddie (Venom) is not. They are bottom tier for me now.

• Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    I actually found myself quite liking his red during the NF pvp, it came in handy to trim down high hitpoint enemies into range of my Rulk's green and it didn't cost me a lot of health.

His green is far too reliant on teammates now, but he is now in that bland group of usable only when boosted but doesn't stand out in any way.

I can understand his passive being too annoying when his main appearances are in venom bomb alongside spammy symbiotes, but in no way is his black anything other than abysmal in this new form and needs a huge boost in the strength of the friendly tiles.
  • Borstock
    Borstock Posts: 2,516 Chairperson of the Boards
    I'm all for any change that reduces the endless animations that make matches long and tedious. But Carnage's black power is now useless. Doesn't matter to me, because I never use him anyway, but yeah.
  • jackstar0
    jackstar0 Posts: 1,280 Chairperson of the Boards
    What's strange to me is that Carnage was a decent healthpack suck, and thus should have been right in line with the experience they want to keep going... but now he's only a vague threat.
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    jackstar0 said:
    What's strange to me is that Carnage was a decent healthpack suck, and thus should have been right in line with the experience they want to keep going... but now he's only a vague threat.
    Except with Mr. Fantastic and Medusa. Blew through most of a PVE with them without using more than 2 healthpacks a full grind. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Nerfing carnage now, 22 months after his release is kinda crazy.  They must have seen a proliferation of usage after they reworked mr. F and introduced medusa.  Those two characters added a new mechanic that really leveraged the presence of special tiles, and carnage flooded the board with specials like nobody else.  So chock it up to the mystique nerf phenomenon: character 1 had to be nerfed because character 2 was introduced and they had an interaction that was too good for players in demi's opinion.
  • ZootSax
    ZootSax Posts: 1,819 Chairperson of the Boards

The damage that her red and black does, even CHAMPED, is absolutely pathetic. Even 3 BoD trap tiles out at once isn't scaring anyone at the 3 and 4-star level. Not that Elektra was ever meant to be this 1-woman powerhouse, but her damage is laughably bad. I've had her fully covered for the better part of a year and still haven't bothered champing her. Probably wont. 

The damage is poor, but the potential to steal three, non-random AP per turn is pretty strong.  She's far from top tier, but she looks improved based on these changes...at least on first glance without trying her out, yet.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    I don't understand the Carnage changes at all.  By making the black non-passive, you totally wrecked his green, which wasn't that great to begin with.  It's a weird sideways-slight-nerf move and I don't get why they bothered.  
  • Starfury
    Starfury Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    I don't understand the Carnage changes at all.  By making the black non-passive, you totally wrecked his green, which wasn't that great to begin with.  It's a weird sideways-slight-nerf move and I don't get why they bothered.  
    Put me down for confused as well. Yes, they removed the inescapable self damage which kept most people from using him.

But with his new skillset they ruined him for teams that made use of his passive (no, I'm not paying 5ap to give the enemy free attack tiles) while leaving him as a rather weak character that can easily be replaced by dozens of better characters.
  • udonomefoo
    udonomefoo Posts: 1,630 Chairperson of the Boards
    Starfury said:
    Put me down for confused as well. Yes, they removed the inescapable self damage which kept most people from using him.

But with his new skillset they ruined him for teams that made use of his passive (no, I'm not paying 5ap to give the enemy free attack tiles) while leaving him as a rather weak character that can easily be replaced by dozens of better characters.
    The more I think about that Black, the dumber it is.  5 ap to create 296 (2x148) attack tile damage.  Iron Fist, a 3*, creates a stronger attack tile with his passive with no opponent tile drawback.  It makes no sense.  The only reason the opponent tiles made sense in the first place was because they were free.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Not counting the bonus tiles for downed characters, it has a worse total strength-to-AP ratio than:

One turn of Pym Particles
    A single Detonator trap matched by the enemy
    Keep Your Enemies Closer
    Summon Demons
    3* Acid Arrow
    3* Inferno
    3* Hailstorm

I'd be willing to give Alien Instincts a slight benefit because Carnage Rules! does care about enemy tiles as well as friendly. EXCEPT that Hailstorm creates, for only 4 AP more, more tiles than Carnage could ever hope to create on his own, AND that's comparing Storm at 166 to Carnage at 270. So its a pretty terrible deal. 

Not since (new) Bird Strike vs Coercive field have we seen such a ridiculous delta.
  • seshoma
    seshoma Posts: 58 Match Maker
    the changes arent that bad except for his healing .
    he still does damage but his healing is just bad now , just played him in pvp and i cant remember when the last time was when my oml died so many times.
    Got a lv 457 oml so only thing im seeing are 5* teams and with the healing abilities oml has now he just doesnt survive that long
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    I've been avoiding the new forum because it hurts my eyes and offends my sensibilities, and discovered the Carnage nerf when playing my first match in the new season's simulator.

Carnage / Medusa / Wasp are now 57% less powerful, and 94% less fun.