Power Gem Season Updates *Updated (4/6/17)

Comments

• aergia
    aergia Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Unbelievable. Nerf to OML was already a terrible, but Carnage was undeserved. It's hard trying to support a company that makes these kinds of poor decisions. Given their suite of problems, they could have done any number of other solutions, which might actually solve these long standing issues and generate goodwill. 

I feel like most other gaming companies do this much better and I now feel disappointed that I've supported D3 for so long. 
  • aergia
    aergia Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Has the conditional part of Elektras Double-Double Cross, to steal an extra tile if you have a trap, been removed? I don't see it mentioned in-game in the powers description.

It hasn't been removed. It's still there at the very bottom of the description of the power: "...but she also converts 3 random Purple basic tiles into enemy strike tiles of strength..."
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    *Updated post with data charts
  • BoyWonder1914
    BoyWonder1914 Posts: 884 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017

The damage that her red and black does, even CHAMPED, is absolutely pathetic. Even 3 BoD trap tiles out at once isn't scaring anyone at the 3 and 4-star level. Not that Elektra was ever meant to be this 1-woman powerhouse, but her damage is laughably bad. I've had her fully covered for the better part of a year and still haven't bothered champing her. Probably wont. 
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    So does his yellow mean that if he's standing alone, he doesn't heal at all?
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal said:
    That's how i read it.
  • Phumade
    Phumade Posts: 2,477 Chairperson of the Boards

No More Guns Cover Store *New Update*

This is a special cover store that contains all 5-Stars except Wolverine (Old Man Logan). The sell back price for Wolverine (Old Man Logan) includes Iso-8 at an increased rate as well as tokens. You will get one No More Guns token at level 255.  You will receive an additional token at levels 287, 319, 367, 411, 427 and 439. Every two Champion levels will also give an additional token. These tokens are the only way to access this Cover store.

I'm confused?  does this mean we get covers at 
    255, 287,300, 319, 330 etc..

I.e. if my oml is at 450, we can get back 13 random 5* covers? and then we get covers at 2:1 rate?

• JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    Vhailorx said:
    JVReal said:
    That's how i read it.
    But the goon ninja's that drain the health of their fellow ninja's to heal themselves can still heal without people to drain health from... weird.

They should have given OML a base heal, then double it if you have at least one ally left alive if their intent was to only double his healing.  Not leave him without healing if the last man standing.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal said:
    According to an alliance member's test, yes. I should have checked the numbers on Living Legend before the change. I question whether ending the turn should still be in there.
  • D4Ni13
    D4Ni13 Posts: 745 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    After seeing the numbers, I still think OML is decently strong. Being a 5*, the nerf seems big, but it actually isn't... in my book at least.

You can argue that he lost some power from his black strike tiles (645 now - opposed to 833 before). But there are many tile improvement heroes in the game, that this small change won't affect you THAT MUCH. I mean sure it's ~800 less damage overall, but OML does have a higher match damage anyway, so he just falls in line with the other 5*.
    Still Sharp lost ~4200 base damage + 1000 for tiles, which again I don't think it's enough to make people switch to somebody else (assuming they have that somebody else). Furthermore, you don't want to destroy your tiles because you have no means to create others, so you would basically use Still Sharp as a finisher or when you know the game will end next turn or so. Given that it's still a wooping 13000 damage + 3700 per tile at max level, that extra lost damage will not be gamebreaking for a one time use ability.

The change that we we're all concerned is his yellow though, and here we got a nerf and a buff actually (yes a buff). The nerf is in his healing, where you go from ~ 1500 per team member to 1400 per ally. So for a full team that means 2800 - opposed to 4500 as before. At least he can still heal from his red passive in one turn. While this difference in healing will have a slight impact on future OML games, the big nerf is in the scenario in which he's the last man standing, where his yellow passive becomes useless. But I guess you may want to change to active abilities anyway in that scenario...

Now his yellow active actually got buffed (now hear me on this one). Previously you could deal ~ 7000 AoE damage for 8 AP if you were in a full team, and about 3100 if you were alone. Because you have to collect 12 yellow AP just to have this ability, with the new reduced cost it means you can actually fire it twice in a row and deal ~10400 AoE damage in full team and ~ 5200 alone. It's almost the same damage per AP as before, but you deal 3000 (or 2000) more AoE. 

Overall, the nerf will be hard to digest (lots of invested time and resourses for a nerfed hero), but while I get where everyone is coming from with the grief and all, I think a slight nerf was needed, and I also think he is still pretty strong, despite all this. 

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    JVReal said:
    Vhailorx said:
    JVReal said:
    That's how i read it.
    But the goon ninja's that drain the health of their fellow ninja's to heal themselves can still heal without people to drain health from... weird.

They should have given OML a base heal, then double it if you have at least one ally left alive if their intent was to only double his healing.  Not leave him without healing if the last man standing.
    No, they should have just reduced his base healing more and left the x3 multiplier.  Give him 1k x 3 healing.  Significantly lower than before, still impacted by allies, not useless by itself. 
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    Can we get an update from the devs on what was the reasoning behind the massive nerf to a mid-tier character like Carnage, who was not overpowered or overused before and is now right down in the bottom tier with a truly abysmal black power that is vastly inferior to 3* black powers such as Storm's one.

What gets me about carnage is that his black costs 1 less than Psylocke's black, and her strike is doing more damage. Even with Carnage champed and black at 5, his black is weaker than hers, and she is considered one of the worst 3s.

Now, in a 1v1 of Carnage vs Psylocke, it's really anyone's game, and that is not ok. 
  • Phallosaurus
    Phallosaurus Posts: 6 Just Dropped In
    Definitely not a huge fan of Carnage. I was really looking forward to building a Carnage/Medusa team.

I wish they'd reduce that black power to 1 from 5.
  • madok
    madok Posts: 905 Critical Contributor
    edited April 2017
    Wow. Totally loving the OML nerf in PVE. 

His regen at 2 yellow covers at level 420 isn't even enough to keep up with bloody match damage against stupidly overscaled Dark Avengers.

Thank you so much for making me have to choose between playing PVE and PVP.

If you are going to give us this misfortune, can you please give us a freaking option to remove 5s from PVE?

//Removed inappropriate content - Brigby
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    Crowl said:
    Brigby said:
    Can we get an update from the devs on what was the reasoning behind the massive nerf to a mid-tier character like Carnage, who was not overpowered or overused before and is now right down in the bottom tier with a truly abysmal black power that is vastly inferior to 3* black powers such as Storm's one.

It's because people on the forums whine about dumb stuff like "I hate facing Carnage in PVE, he's so strong." 

Then the devs think they're listening to their player base and make a nerf like this.

This is why complaining about trivial things on the forums is a bad idea. It makes them think something is a bigger deal than it is. Save the outrage for things that actually matter.
  • scottee
    scottee Posts: 1,609 Chairperson of the Boards
    By the way, the text is unclear, but if Elektra's red steals AP every single turn, that's quickly one of the best abilities in 4* land. For 8 red AP, it basically shuts down the enemy teams red/black/purple powers for the rest of the match.
  • StevO-J
    StevO-J Posts: 746 Critical Contributor
    aergia said:
    Has the conditional part of Elektras Double-Double Cross, to steal an extra tile if you have a trap, been removed? I don't see it mentioned in-game in the powers description.

It hasn't been removed. It's still there at the very bottom of the description of the power: "...but she also converts 3 random Purple basic tiles into enemy strike tiles of strength..."
    Could stil go either way I'd say, since I wouldn't put it past believability that the description was not changed by mistake. Previously a part of the desription was left out for her purple at lvl.5 because I think the text couldn't fit otherwise, but that has been put back in. And as someone already pointed out in her charcter thread, the text for her red at lvl.4 is also incorrect (says it should steal red at lvl.4 in ' preview' at lvl.3 but doesn't say so at lvl.4 desription when actually at lvl.4... Ehm.. everyone still with me? This seems a very unwieldy desription, sorry for that).
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards

The damage that her red and black does, even CHAMPED, is absolutely pathetic. Even 3 BoD trap tiles out at once isn't scaring anyone at the 3 and 4-star level. Not that Elektra was ever meant to be this 1-woman powerhouse, but her damage is laughably bad. I've had her fully covered for the better part of a year and still haven't bothered champing her. Probably wont. 
    It's not great, unless you have a bunch of really strong Strike tiles out. Oh look, she makes those. And with 3 Ballet of Death tiles out your opponent isn't doing anything Red, Black, or Purple, that isn't a passive.

Do you like 3* Blade? Same deal here, only more so.