Power Gem Season Updates *Updated (4/6/17)

Comments

• Bobby_Lishez
    Bobby_Lishez Posts: 11 Just Dropped In
    edited April 2017
    Are we going to get an explanation on the Carnage nerf? I don't know usage stats but he can't pissibly have been too overused, and most people classified him as mid-tier at best. I feel like we just lost some fun and unique teams for no reason.

The usage rate thing is a red herring.  It was never about usage rate (or at least only peripherally about usage) and I'm really skeptical of their 10% number without additional context.  

Most players don't have an OML, and of those that do not all have the yellow covers that make him so useful, so I'm really dubious about that 10% figure.  It's about his healing, and how you could use him to grind nodes and climb in PvP without having to heal or switch out for another character.  That's not the model they want, so they corrected it, at the players' expense.

My point was more that, whether or not you agree with their reasoning, we got a lengthy defense of the oml nerf from the devs, but no such comment on Carnage. Since I use Carnage a lot. I was just hoping we could at least get an explanation.
  • CougarDevil
    CougarDevil Posts: 2 Just Dropped In

I have spent way more than I'd like to admit on finally acquiring a useful 5* and now that I have a Logan at 5/5/1 lvl 420, with this nerf, he's going to hurt my scaling until I either sell him which is crazy at the 5* level, or until months and months from now when I can bring up others fives.  This is a clear over-nerf for the five star level characters.  There are much stronger characters but because they aren't as old, much fewer people have them.  That is diluting your statistics.

My best friend who also plays the game has played for 3 years and has also said that he is looking to cease playing (and paying) for the game if it takes away something that takes such a long time to acquire.  From the discussions being had in our large multi alliance of members, this is going to really hurt the perception of the development staff and of the game

One thought on the positive side is that there should be a perpetual store similar to the one proposed for all dupe 5*'s.  For such a rarity, it seems like there should be some way to be able to swap out duplicate fives regardless if they are classic or latest legends. Even if you'd only get one token for every two dupes and random at that (or whatever) but something please to solve that problem.

-CougarDevil-

• BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    You have zero idea how hard we worked for every single OML cover we got. Whether it was gambling away in overpriced CP clubs or slaving away in ridiculous pve slogs or long, stale pvp climbs...... most of us we fought tooth and nail for every single +1 command point needed to MAYBE get him. So much time, energy, and in
    Many cases ridiculous amounts of money spent to get him over the last 1.5 years.

Maybe people have forgotten how hard it was to get hero points, legendary tokens, and eventually command points.  When OML first came out there were very, very few ways to get his covers, though the odds were at least better then.  CP flows pretty steadily now, but it wasn't always the case.
  • whitecat31
    whitecat31 Posts: 579 Critical Contributor
    Without seeing the numbers side-by-side, did Carnage actually get nerfed? Are we only talking about his ability switching from passive to an AP cost here? Because his passive made him unplayable to me. I never use him and I avoid fighting him when I can because seeing that passive 1,000 times a minute is excruciating.
    He was indeed nerfed. He was once a pain in the neck to attack because you know you were going to take damage. Now he might be one of the worst 4 stars out there with no real defensive fear factor.  He is basically a 4 star version of doctor octopus.
  • BatteryHorse
    BatteryHorse Posts: 124 Tile Toppler
    My point was more that, whether or not you agree with their reasoning, we got a lengthy defense of the oml nerf from the devs, but no such comment on Carnage. Since I use Carnagre a lot. I was just hoping we could at least get an explanation.
    I completely agree, didn't mean to sound like I was arguing.  I'm far more disappointed with the Carnage nerf.
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby said:
    gravel said:
    @Brigby When unusable covers are pulled from the No More Guns cover store, will CS swap them?
    Yes. Per the current policy, if you pull a Latest Legends cover from the store, then CS can swap it for you.
    That wasnt really the question though brigby.  Will no more guns tokens will be treated as Latest Legends tokens by CS?
    If the covers pulled from the No More Guns store are any of the 3 Latest Legends characters (Hawkeye, Black Panther, Thanos), then yes CS will swap them for you. 
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Considering the nerf to his healing, will OML be losing his health penalty? 42k @450 becomes pretty squishy 
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    I too hate this Carnage change.  This is a Nerf.  Red aoe is more expensive.  Green is cheaper, but with instinct no longer passive (which, alone seems bad), green won't have as many special tiles to destroy for significant damage.  Think doesn't seem better in any way.
  • DrDoMe
    DrDoMe Posts: 97 Match Maker
    Boooo!

This game is going in the wrong direction fast.
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Hahaha I love this. It's a great day for all the true fans of this game that play it for the character diversity, strategy and real competition. It's a sad day for anyone who unwisely thought they could always just buy their way to the top. And for anyone with a high level OML that thinks they're entitled to some ridiculous compensation, you're out of your mind. You've won enough with your overpowered character. Maybe try winning a match with one of the other 100+ characters. 
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Brigby said:
    Vhailorx said:
    Brigby said:
    gravel said:
    @Brigby When unusable covers are pulled from the No More Guns cover store, will CS swap them?
    Yes. Per the current policy, if you pull a Latest Legends cover from the store, then CS can swap it for you.
    That wasnt really the question though brigby.  Will no more guns tokens will be treated as Latest Legends tokens by CS?
    If the covers pulled from the No More Guns store are any of the 3 Latest Legends characters (Hawkeye, Black Panther, Thanos), then yes CS will swap them for you. 
    I see.  Thanks for the clarification!
  • shartattack
    shartattack Posts: 370 Mover and Shaker
    Even with my lowly, 2 yellow OML I am much more interested in how the Taco Vaults are being ruined.  That post disappeared right away and they already said they are reconsidering.  What is happening here?  @Brigby I truly feel sorry for you.
  • DFiPL
    DFiPL Posts: 2,405 Chairperson of the Boards
    Elektra buffed? Cool.

Carnage's black won't make me want to throw infantile felines anymore? Sweet!

Two out of three ain't bad. /Meatloaf
  • Nylarx
    Nylarx Posts: 77 Match Maker
    Hahaha I love this. It's a great day for all the true fans of this game that play it for the character diversity, strategy and real competition. It's a sad day for anyone who unwisely thought they could always just buy their way to the top. And for anyone with a high level OML that thinks they're entitled to some ridiculous compensation, you're out of your mind. You've won enough with your overpowered character. Maybe try winning a match with one of the other 100+ characters. 
    As I have stated in my retirement post, I am someone who did not 'buy their way to the top'. I drew each of my 5/3/3 OML covers by grinding PvE and PvP, and even had to throw away 3 Black covers that I couldn't use. And it is less about compensation, it is more that a lot of people are horrified that the fact that a 5*, one that you can only really cover with RnG (or are uber rich. 420 CP? No thank you) is getting a nerf this late in the game. 

Anyways, that Carnage nerf huh? Medusa and Carnage were such a great couple...I wonder if she will file for divorce now.
  • Style55
    Style55 Posts: 180 Tile Toppler
    I don't even have a "usable" OML (3/0/0) but even I think this nerf is far too harsh. I sympathize for those who had a usable OML. 

I feel like there's been too many missteps lately in this game with changes/nerfs. I actually regret re-uping my VIP status, I know it's next to nothing compared to the whales, but it just feels like a waste.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited April 2017
    Although we can see the style of the OML nerf, it is a bit premature still to react extremely without knowing how much anything was reduced. 

Reducing the heal from, say, 4866  (3x1622) to 3000 (2x1500) will still leave him plenty useful, you just won't be able to stand there for days on end absorbing Bolt's passive.  Which is not necessarily a bad thing.

As I said in the other thread, there are major issues with the why behind this, but the what still might be ok.
  • Adrock1020
    Adrock1020 Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Vhailorx said:
    C'mon, this is ridiculous.  There are some players that invested iso in OML within the last two weeks.  Have they "won enough with [their] over powered character"? 

And why do you get to define what it means to be a "true fan"? 

And why is OML overpowered?  Those people with all the 5*s agree that he is no longer one of the best 5*s.  Those players with decent OMLs and lots of 4* champs generally use boosted 4* champs in PVP.  Anyone with a single 5* champ (OML or anyone else) HAS to use that champ in all hard PVE and PVP nodes because of scaling MMR. 

There doesn't seem to be a lot of logic or sense behind your post.  Just vitriol based in the (incorrect) belief that having OML is an "easy" button for the game.  Maybe it was in November 2015.  But that hasn't been true for about a year. 
    No vitriol intended, I just think the outrage over the nerf is overblown considering there's so many other options to use. If someone has a high leveled OML, wouldn't it be reasonable to assume they have a couple of other high leveled/covered 5-stars? Use them instead. Problem solved. Honestly you're right that OML wasn't overpowered, but he was definitely overused and it made things boring in a game with a ton of diversity. The "true fan" bit came off a bit pretentious, I admit, but I guess my point was that if someone is threatening to quit playing the game altogether because of a nerf to one character, then it makes me think they don't really appreciate all the game has to offer. I'm on day 1200+ and I've spent hundreds of dollars on the game. I've read posts from people saying they're quitting because they removed environment tiles. Then they're quitting because the nerfed XFW. Then 4hor. Etc. Its an ever evolving, ever expanding game and to put all your eggs in one basket (character) is unwise. If someone unwisely did that and they want to storm off and quit, so be it. I'll keep playing and take their spot.