Frequently Asked Questions

Unknown
Unknown ADMINISTRATORS
edited July 2016 in MPQ Tips and Guides
Frequently Asked Questions:

General Questions
Q: Why does the game say Preview Edition?
A: Preview Edition is simply a note that the game is evolving and new features, characters, and content will be released on a constant basis. We’ll be removing the Preview Edition tag in the near future but you will not lose any progress in the game because of this and the game will continue to grow and improve.

Q: Is there a way to back up my saves?
A: Of course! Click on the gear box on the title screen and select Connect with Facebook. Your save data is now backed up to your Facebook account. Remember that you can only have one save data backed up to each Facebook account.

Q: When I try to load the game, I get a message telling me that I can’t connect to the server? What can I do?
A: Marvel Puzzle Quest: Dark Reign requires an internet connection to play. If you have trouble connecting to the server, check your internet settings on your device. If you still have issues and you’re on a carrier’s data service, try connecting to a Wi-FI signal.

Q: How do I adjust my notification settings?
A: Click on the gear box on the title screen and scroll down to find the notifications menu. Click on or off the notifications you would like to receive from the game here.

Q: How do I send customer support requests?
A: Please send a email to www.d3go.com/mpq-support or send a support ticket by clicking on the mail icon on the top right of the map menu. Make sure to include your email when you send a request through the game so we can get back to you on how to resolve your issue. If you are having issues with the game, please don't try to uninstall and reinstall the game unless requested by support.

Q: The Google Play Store says the game is incompatible with my device. Can I still play the game?
A: The Google Play Store will state that the game is incompatible with your device while the game is available in another country but not ready in your country. If you still have this message after Friday 10/4, please start a thread in the suggestions and feedback forum or send an email to www.d3go.com/mpq-support and we'll work on getting your device supported.

Comments

• What's your policy on sharing data? I've been tossing around the idea of letting my girlfriend use my account because she's had abysmal luck with cover lottery while I've been doing quite a bit better (pulled a **** Wolvie from red iso hero token!).
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,308 Site Admin
    Ranzera wrote:
    What's your policy on sharing data? I've been tossing around the idea of letting my girlfriend use my account because she's had abysmal luck with cover lottery while I've been doing quite a bit better (pulled a **** Wolvie from red iso hero token!).
    There's really no way we can monitor who is behind the device at any given time even if we wanted to. Given that FB sharing of accounts doesn't let you use more than one device at a time to play, multiple players on one account isn't any different than one player with more time on their hands.
  • Fair enough, thanks icon_e_smile.gif
  • Sorry if this has been asked/answered 1000 times already: Are we able to select what heroes are defending for us in PvP?

If so, where’s the menu option? (I can’t seem to find it for the life of me)
    If not,
    • Why?
    • How are the characters selected? (e.g., is it purely on whatever characters have the highest level?)

Thanks! icon_e_smile.gif
  • they are selected based on the last group of characters you used in that pvp tournament.
  • forgrim wrote:
    they are selected based on the last group of characters you used in that pvp tournament.

Or in case someone is retaliating to your attack, it's team you attacked the other player in first place.
  • I keep getting asked to send stuff to my allies on Facebook, and then given a list of people.

I don't want to spam people that aren't playing the game, but I certainly don't mind sending stuff to those that do. Is the list of people restricted only to Marvel Puzzle Quest players?

Thanks in advance.
  • IceIX wrote:
    Ranzera wrote:
    What's your policy on sharing data? I've been tossing around the idea of letting my girlfriend use my account because she's had abysmal luck with cover lottery while I've been doing quite a bit better (pulled a **** Wolvie from red iso hero token!).
    There's really no way we can monitor who is behind the device at any given time even if we wanted to. Given that FB sharing of accounts doesn't let you use more than one device at a time to play, multiple players on one account isn't any different than one player with more time on their hands.

Hi IceIX,

I started off playing this game on my mobile but (for the sake of my eyesight) would like to switch to a tablet. I've already installed the game on my tablet. Do I just connect to Facebook on the tablet and my save game will be ported and loaded over to the tablet?

Second, can I play interchangeably between two devices with the one save game? Thanks in advance for your time!
  • direflail wrote:
    I keep getting asked to send stuff to my allies on Facebook, and then given a list of people.

I don't want to spam people that aren't playing the game, but I certainly don't mind sending stuff to those that do. Is the list of people restricted only to Marvel Puzzle Quest players?

Thanks in advance.

No, it's not. It takes random people from your whole list of friends.
    Hi IceIX,

I started off playing this game on my mobile but (for the sake of my eyesight) would like to switch to a tablet. I've already installed the game on my tablet. Do I just connect to Facebook on the tablet and my save game will be ported and loaded over to the tablet?

Second, can I play interchangeably between two devices with the one save game? Thanks in advance for your time!

I hope IceIX won't be mad for answering a question directed to him icon_e_wink.gif

Assuming you connected MPQ to Facebook on your mobile first, then once you connect it on tablet as well, you will have your save game.

There should be no problem with playing on multiple devices as long as you are connected to Facebook on all of them and don't play on more than one at the same time.
  • Shikao wrote:
    Hi IceIX,

I hope IceIX won't be mad for answering a question directed to him icon_e_wink.gif

Assuming you connected MPQ to Facebook on your mobile first, then once you connect it on tablet as well, you will have your save game.

There should be no problem with playing on multiple devices as long as you are connected to Facebook on all of them and don't play on more than one at the same time.

Many thanks, Shikao! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hi Guys,

Quick shout for help. How do I swap the Facebook account that is currently tagged to my saved game? I have been playing on the I pad, but my girlfriend has been logging in with her Facebook and now the game has registered itself to her Facebook account. How do I switch it to mine?

Thanks!
  • Silly question: How do I send gifts? Just added a bunch of MPQ Facebook friends, but haven't seen any "send gifts" pop-ups, nor can I seem to find a button or something to initiate the process myself...

Thanks!
  • BigChris wrote:
    Silly question: How do I send gifts? Just added a bunch of MPQ Facebook friends, but haven't seen any "send gifts" pop-ups, nor can I seem to find a button or something to initiate the process myself...

Thanks!

It's random. Sometimes it will allow you to share a reward you get from winning with your friends (ISO, covers or boosters)
  • IceIX
    Ky tan wrote:
    Quick shout for help. How do I swap the Facebook account that is currently tagged to my saved game? I have been playing on the I pad, but my girlfriend has been logging in with her Facebook and now the game has registered itself to her Facebook account. How do I switch it to mine?
    There's no ready facility for doing so, otherwise people could swap accounts fairly easily. If you need to switch the FB account linked to the game, please put in a ticket using the Feedback form in the upper right corner of the screen in-game.
  • Shikao wrote:
    BigChris wrote:
    Silly question: How do I send gifts? Just added a bunch of MPQ Facebook friends, but haven't seen any "send gifts" pop-ups, nor can I seem to find a button or something to initiate the process myself...

Thanks!

It's random. Sometimes it will allow you to share a reward you get from winning with your friends (ISO, covers or boosters)
    Still no popups after any rewards screens...I've been focusing almost 100% on pvp and events, so in theory I should have lots of boosts and 140iso to share. Should I make a ticket, or am I just doing it wrong?
  • Started getting FB sharing buttons on the 140iso reward popups w/ the most recent update. Thanks!

Havent seen them on 70iso or boost rewards yet.
  • morgh
    morgh Posts: 539 Critical Contributor
    Is there any way for 2 people to play this using one device?
    Me and my wife have a single android tablet and use it for mobile (and not so mobile) gaming around the house... I know it is possible to : 1) attach to wife's FB; 2) delete the app content 3) attach to my FB and alternate between deleting the app content and reconnecting to FB if the other person wants to play but it seems so ... tedious... there must be a better way for more then 1 person to play this game using 1 device...
  • Morgh, maybe Android's multi-account capability? Worth looking into as long as your tablet runs Android 4.3 (I think, maybe have been introduced earlier) or better.
  • Hey, if I need to replace my Android phone, will my saved game file be safe and everything? I mean, all I have to do is just connect it through my Facebook again, right?? Well, after I get my Facebook connected through my new phone, I should say.
  • IceIX
    brannick89 wrote:
    Hey, if I need to replace my Android phone, will my saved game file be safe and everything? I mean, all I have to do is just connect it through my Facebook again, right?? Well, after I get my Facebook connected through my new phone, I should say.
    Yep, exactly. Connect the game on the new device and you're golden.