Scheduled Server Maintenance 2/27

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
Just a copy and paste with a comment
Hello All,

Just a repost of the in-game message of the day for added visibility:

UPCOMING INTERMISSION - Even Heroes Need To Rest!

Marvel Puzzle Quest will be taken off-line on 2/27 for scheduled server maintenance at 10:30AM (EST).

Scheduled events will resume at 11:00AM (EST) with the web-shooters refilled, the adamantium claws sharpened, and the mythical hammers polished.

Thank you for your patience and for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest!
Scheduled events will resume at 11:00AM (EST) with the web-shooters refilled, the adamantium claws sharpened, and the mythical hammers polished.
Does that mean....spidey, wolvie and thorie might get a revamp? or am I reading too much into this..

Comments

• Just a copy and paste with a comment
    Hello All,

Just a repost of the in-game message of the day for added visibility:

UPCOMING INTERMISSION - Even Heroes Need To Rest!

Marvel Puzzle Quest will be taken off-line on 2/27 for scheduled server maintenance at 10:30AM (EST).

Thank you for your patience and for playing Marvel Puzzle Quest!
    Does that mean....spidey, wolvie and thorie might get a revamp? or am I reading too much into this..

You're reading too much into it I think.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options

Spiderman
    Spidey's new web solution is extra sticky! Each time it's used, there is a 33% chance he'll stun himself, if the sum of current opponent health equals 0 mod 3. Calculating 40% of 11735 HP for Punisher is not enough math, so we're adding modular arithmetic.

Wolverine
    Wolverine's claws are now extra sharp! Each time he does a tile match, it does 5% extra damage, but he loses 10% of health unless his current health equals 0, 1, or 2 mod 7.

Thor
    Thor's hammer is now extra shiny and slippery! If Thor starts a cascade with a tile match on an odd numbered turn, the AP from the cascade beyond the initial match goes to the opponent. Oops!
  • Nemek
    Nemek Posts: 1,511
    Options

Spiderman
    Spidey's new web solution is extra sticky! Each time it's used, there is a 33% chance he'll stun himself, if the sum of current opponent health equals 0 mod 3. Calculating 40% of 11735 HP for Punisher is not enough math, so we're adding modular arithmetic.

Wouldn't opponent health have to equal 0 for that to happen?
  • Nemek wrote:

Spiderman

Wouldn't opponent health have to equal 0 for that to happen?

I'm going to venture a guess that he meant x mod 3 equals zero...in other words, if the opponent's health is a multiple of 3
  • so i assume that will interfere with a lighting round that is from 10-11:30 unless they ends before that
  • What's the point of it? Does anyone know if the devs said what they will be doing?
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Unity wrote:
    What's the point of it? Does anyone know if the devs said what they will be doing?
    Changing out the hamsters that power the servers, restarting them to clear RAM, that sort of thing. It's literally just maintenance.