**** Cloak & Dagger (Classic) ****

Comments

• SpecSpecter
    SpecSpecter Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Okay sure, I can certainly see Cloak and Dagger from the "Two for One" clue, but my question then would be 'Why them?'. Is there really a demand for these two to be put in the game? I definitely don't recall them having any current relevance in the comics or anywhere else really.
  • ValekBoss
    ValekBoss Posts: 106 Tile Toppler
    Okay sure, I can certainly see Cloak and Dagger from the "Two for One" clue, but my question then would be 'Why them?'. Is there really a demand for these two to be put in the game? I definitely don't recall them having any current relevance in the comics or anywhere else really.

Well there is a Cloak & Dagger tv serie coming out in 2018...
  • Bloody_Marvel
    Bloody_Marvel Posts: 209 Tile Toppler
    Would love it to be Cloak & Dagger, and the colors and powers match.

I would think Cloak to weaken / alter or create special tiles, and Dagger doing the damage.
  • SpecSpecter
    ValekBoss wrote:

Usually when they base characters on incoming TV shows and movies they don't really get in the game until the thing actually comes out, like with Iron Fist. I mean the Runaways are also getting an upcoming TV show and I've probably seen more interest in getting someone like Nico Minoru into the game then the likes of Cloak and Dagger.

Given what's all coming up I'm kind of surprised they aren't getting a start on the plethora of Guardians of the Galaxy or Spider-man characters, most of which are untouched and likely would be in higher demand. Though now that I think about it I'm actually really curious what they would do with a Rocket and Baby Groot character, the clue still fits but the colors sadly don't.
  • HobieCat76
    HobieCat76 Posts: 73 Match Maker
    ValekBoss wrote:

Usually when they base characters on incoming TV shows and movies they don't really get in the game until the thing actually comes out, like with Iron Fist. I mean the Runaways are also getting an upcoming TV show and I've probably seen more interest in getting someone like Nico Minoru into the game then the likes of Cloak and Dagger.

Given what's all coming up I'm kind of surprised they aren't getting a start on the plethora of Guardians of the Galaxy or Spider-man characters, most of which are untouched and likely would be in higher demand. Though now that I think about it I'm actually really curious what they would do with a Rocket and Baby Groot character, the clue still fits but the colors sadly don't.

Fully agreed on wanting Nico in the game!

In regards to Cloak & Dagger, if this is them, it could be because the show was originally supposed to premier sometime this year as this old promotional tweet from Freeform TV suggested: https://twitter.com/CloakandDagger/stat ... 9758621698

If that was the case, they may have had the pair in development in the game already. Of course this isn't Cloak & Dagger, this is all moot regardless.
  • alaeth
    alaeth Posts: 446 Mover and Shaker
    Quebbster wrote:
    This looks like a "two-for-one" character, considering the yellow and black powers and their passive aspects. One character uses the yellow active, the other the black active.

Gotta be Cable & Deadpool

"Bodyslide by 2"

pretty please!!
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Maybe a 4* Void would quell all those clamoring for a Sentry revamp.
  • Mitchjewitz
    Mitchjewitz Posts: 84 Match Maker
    Said it before and I'll say it again. I would even love a 1* baby groot (which is more realistic). I would want to use him everyday in the ddq icon_e_smile.gif
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    'Two for the price of one' icon_question.gificon_question.gificon_question.gif

Wait, Marvel Two-in-One #21 featured Doc Savage... 'Doc' starts with the letter 'D', which is the same letter as...

4-star Dazzler confirmed! icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Zyrook
    Zyrook Posts: 111 Tile Toppler
    If this is the Two-or-One 4* has anyone considered a transforming character? Cloak & Dagger seems an odd choice now since their series is so far out, and Rocket & Groot will likely be saved for closer towards May to go along with the Guardians 2 premier, unless they're doing something to promote the Tell-Tale Guardian's game that launches next month.

Seems like right now is the time for another comic book push since we're between big movie/show releases, along the lines of Riri or Agent Venom. Who's Marvel been pushing lately in the comics that's a duo or transforms?

Got my fingers crossed for a Great Lakes Initiative character, like Big Bertha, Mr. Immortal, or even Good Boy. Would go along the April 1st shenanigans coming up. Though I doubt it'll be something that stupid.
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Zyrook wrote:
    Seems like right now is the time for another comic book push since we're between big movie/show releases, along the lines of Riri or Agent Venom. Who's Marvel been pushing lately in the comics that's a duo or transforms?

Gwenom should be launching soon right? Gwen Stacy and Venom? 2 for 1?
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Weakens target enemy. For a 4 star, I supposed that would be a CD tile that reduces the target's ability ranks while it's out. Cloak and Dagger has been thrown out there as a suggestion, and with two powers as 2 powers, weakening sounds like the Cloak side. It seems to be missing invisibility/airborne though, which would fit teleportation/Cloak dimension.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zyrook wrote:

I would be OK with this as long as we finally get a Venom that doesn't suck.
  • SpecSpecter
    Zyrook wrote:
    Got my fingers crossed for a Great Lakes Initiative character, like Big Bertha, Mr. Immortal, or even Good Boy. Would go along the April 1st shenanigans coming up. Though I doubt it'll be something that stupid.

For some reason I just imagine a Mr. Immortal character having just a single power that brings him back to life if knocked out and nothing else.

Edit:
    Zyrook wrote:
    Well She-Hulk just recently got re-branded as just plain Hulk, but as awesome as a 4* She-Hulk would be I doubt that would be the case here.

...Oh wait. Oh god.
    I forgot that this was a thing recently.
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Zyrook wrote:

Gwenom?

Please tell me that's a bad joke.
  • Jesus Jones
    Jesus Jones Posts: 182 Tile Toppler
    Rocket and Baby Groot!!!
  • DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker
    Zyrook wrote:

Gwenom?

Please tell me that's a bad joke.

Oh, it's very real: https://superiorspidertalk.com/robbi-rodriguez-to-retire-from-comics-with-gwenom-story/

I'm fairly certain it's supposed to be launching this year, and if it's even moderately popular, be prepared for her to arrive in MPQ.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    My initial guesses were Colleen Wing and Misty Knight as Daughters of the Dragon (the "price" could indicate the team is for hire), Cloak & Dagger, Legion (this could also be referencing multiple personalities / mental disorder), Shadowland Daredevil, and (unlikely but hopeful) Fantomex (Uncanny X-Force), with his external nervous system in E.V.A. and his mercenary / for profit nature.

It is now with a heavy heart that I realize this is probably Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. She was even in one of those old "Which new character would you like to see?" polls. Amongst Riri, America Chavez, and... Spider-Gwen, maybe? Gwen-Pool? I can't recall. But ever since they've been giving us all of those characters anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise.
  • SpecSpecter
    mega ghost wrote:
    It is now with a heavy heart that I realize this is probably Moon Girl and Devil Dinosaur. She was even in one of those old "Which new character would you like to see?" polls. Amongst Riri, America Chavez, and... Spider-Gwen, maybe? Gwen-Pool? I can't recall. But ever since they've been giving us all of those characters anyway, so it wouldn't be a surprise.
    I don't think that Mon Girl was part of that poll, I think would remember that. I'm pretty sure the four options for that poll were Riri, America Chavez, Medusa, and Silk. But yes, we do have two of the four so far and considering America just got a new solo series I expect her to find her way to MPQ shortly enough.
    Talking about Moon Girl though I wouldn't hate a character of her but I really think it would have been done better as working her into the already existing Devil Dinosaur character when they reworked him. I mean, it's not as if doing so would have made him any worst.
  • mega ghost
    mega ghost Posts: 1,154 Chairperson of the Boards
    mega ghost wrote:
    I don't think that Mon Girl was part of that poll, I think would remember that. I'm pretty sure the four options for that poll were Riri, America Chavez, Medusa, and Silk. But yes, we do have two of the four so far and considering America just got a new solo series I expect her to find her way to MPQ shortly enough.
    Talking about Moon Girl though I wouldn't hate a character of her but I really think it would have been done better as working her into the already existing Devil Dinosaur character when they reworked him. I mean, it's not as if doing so would have made him any worst.

You're right, those were the options for that poll! Am I conflating it with another poll, or am I just making this up? I could have sworn Moon Girl was floated as an option somewhere at some point.