Hidden Dev Message?

Options
Deimos12
Deimos12 Posts: 230 Tile Toppler
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
After beating Rescue Mission: Russia V Venom says "You play our game thinking it is yours. Delicious."
Hidden message from the devs perhaps? icon_razz.gif

Comments

• Fantastic! Had this *exact* same thought this morning when I finished that level.

It's unfair, i think, and not really characteristic of the developers' attitudes toward the game's evolution...but that didn't stop me from thinking it.
  • radiopy
    radiopy Posts: 326 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    It was obviously intended to be part of the plot, but I saw the meta side of it as well. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Bacon Pants
    Bacon Pants Posts: 1,012
    Options
    I had a laugh at this as the message popped up during the connectivity problems...furthering the potential conspiracy theory. icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • Hah. I didn't think it that way back when I completed the battle but now I can't think it without the meta reference... icon_e_smile.gif
  • It was also a bit strange that Venom popped up to deliver that line of dialogue, since he's not involved in any of the Russia battles.
  • MaxCavalera
    MaxCavalera Posts: 425 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Did anyone else get a final line of dialog that came out looking like a line of Code and not the intended text i cant remember what node it was now.
  • over_clocked
    Options
    I was weirded out but not because of that. I used Venom to beat that particular fight icon_e_biggrin.gif
  • IceIX
    IceIX ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 4,313 Site Admin
    Options
    Did anyone else get a final line of dialog that came out looking like a line of Code and not the intended text i cant remember what node it was now.
    Yeah, that was a bug. Should be fixed in this morning's patch push along with our normal setup stuff for weekend tournies.

As for a secret dev message, it's amusing, but given that Alex Irvine (Marvel writer) is the one that pens the Episodes at this point not intended. I'll forward this off to him, probably give him a chuckle. icon_e_smile.gif