Anyone watch Legion? (Spoilers)

Options
tgibbs40
tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in Off Topic
Watching the latest episode right now. How good is this series? It was weird, but now that they introduced a main X-Men baddie, I'm really loving it.

I mean, it was awesome when nothing made sense, but now that there's some "oh ok, this is what's happening" it is really cool!

Comments

• tgibbs40
    tgibbs40 Posts: 113 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Marvel is in on this too, right? So hopefully the "2 for 1" clue is 5* Legion and 5* Shadow King and we get an event!

#WishfulThinking
  • STOPTHIS
    STOPTHIS Posts: 781 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I am behind on the series, but it really is awesome. Noah Hawley is crushing it these days. I kind of hate Legion in the comics, but he's making it work on TV. The cast is awesome as well. If you haven't checked out his other show, Fargo, you're missing out. Dude's got talent.
    tgibbs40 wrote:
    Marvel is in on this too, right? So hopefully the "2 for 1" clue is 5* Legion and 5* Shadow King and we get an event!

#WishfulThinking

It's a Marvel property, but I don't think Marvel studios is involved at all.
  • GuntherBlobel
    GuntherBlobel Posts: 987 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So glad to see a topic on this, since I just finished another two episodes and I'm still reeling...

I love the story, the directing, the music... everything. It may not be for everyone, but at very least, it's inspired.
    I also really like that the mutants all have "mental" abilities (no claws or laser eye beams). It makes the show more trippy than Dr. Strange and more of a psychological thriller than a superhero fight show.
  • Ciaphas_Cain
    Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Even more psychodelic than the original Prisoner. Awesome show.
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know no one posts there but there is a place for such off topic posting
  • Daiches
    Daiches Posts: 1,252 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I know no one posts there but there is a place for such off topic posting

If only there was a place for gif spamming...
  • Ciaphas_Cain
    Ciaphas_Cain Posts: 37 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I appeal to d3 to add all the characters from Legion to MPQ.

Now it's on topic
  • Hendross
    Hendross Posts: 762 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm not familiar with the books, so the show was my entry point. After 6 episodes, I feel like I should like it, but clearly have no idea what's going on. Episode 7 has revealed a lot about what's real, what's not and where they actually are, but I', still sufficiently confused.

So, working as intended?
  • Beastwood
    Beastwood Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    been enjoying it alot really like the style and it has a kinda clockwork orange/donnie darko/tim burton feel to it, it really makes you think about what's going on and out of all the marvel stuff i have binge watched recently it's definitely one i am enjoying more than the others.

Now there's light shed on what's goin on a bit more and more of his past it's starting to make sense looking forward to the rest
  • GuntherBlobel
    Options
    Hendross wrote:
    I'm not familiar with the books, so the show was my entry point. After 6 episodes, I feel like I should like it, but clearly have no idea what's going on. Episode 7 has revealed a lot about what's real, what's not and where they actually are, but I', still sufficiently confused.

So, working as intended?
    Well, maybe. This show seems to be inspired from an X-men plot line from my childhood comic book reading, so it's vaguely familiar. I think I figured out "what's real" and what's not around episode four or five when my memories finally crystallized.

I think by episode 7 (I have to wait a week) it becomes much clearer for the audience.

If you've read
    The Muir Island Saga
    then you should be able guess what's what. If you have read it, the show is diving in much deeper, so it's good either way.
  • GuntherBlobel
    Options
    I appeal to d3 to add all the characters from Legion to MPQ.

Now it's on topic

This show makes me want:
    Rogue and Multiple Man
    even more than before.
  • JackTenrec
    JackTenrec Posts: 808 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I finally caught up this weekend. I don't know anything about the character from the comics, but the show is bizarre, beautiful, and fantastic, and is easily my favorite superhero-related show on TV right now.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm enjoying the show. It makes me feel like I'm a teenager watching a Stanley Kubrick movie for the first time. It's super trippy although I so far can't see any connection to the Marvel Universe. I guess I didn't read enough comics.