Current available characters and future removal & additions (Higher rate drops)

fight4thedream
fight4thedream GLOBAL_MODERATORS Posts: 1,909 Chairperson of the Boards
edited August 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
This thread is for keeping the player community informed about the characters currently available in tokens and when certain characters will be added and removed from the token pool. Please keep in mind, this is not "official" information as the mod team knows no more about character removal/additions than you do. Rather, the information provided is based off previous precedent and is subject to change.

Also, special shout out to BoyWonder1914 for coming up with this format (original post found here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=61960#p657459)

x = next to be removed
X = removal imminent
Below dotted line - New/yet to be added

4* Characters currently available in tokens at a higher rate

Agent Venom
Medusa
Captain M4rvel
Riri Williams
Mordo
Agent Coulson
Iron Fist [added 4/6]
Cloak and Dagger [added 5/4]
Rocket and Groot (Awesome Mix Vol 2, added 6/1)
Gamora (Awesome Mix Vol 2, added 6/1)
Sandman (Flint Marko, added 6/29)
Vulture (Adrian Toomes, added 7/27)
------------------------------------------------------------
Yondu (Awesome Mix Volume 2)

5* Latest Legends Tokens

x -Star-Lord (added 5/19)
Doctor Octopus (Classic, added 6/19)
Spider-man (Peter Parker, added 7/24)

GrumpySmurf's Tentative Character Removal Schedule

GrumpySmurf has done us all the favor of plotting out the likely removal schedule for the characters currently available in tokens. Please, please keep in mind this is just a prediction, not an "official" schedule.

Peggy out on 4/6

Wasp out on 5/4
SpiderWoman/Cage out on 6/1
Gwenpool out on 6/29
Blade out on 7/27
AVenom/Medusa out on 8/24
Carol out on 9/21
Riri out on 10/12 (short season, anniversary)
Mordo/Coulson out on 10/26
Fist out on 11/23

Thanos out on 5/19
Panther out on 6/19
Hawkeye out on 7/24

Feel free to ask any related questions or comments here. *cough* aka please direct your inquiries about when the new 5* hotness will be available in tokens here. *cough*

Your Friendly Neighborhood fight4thedream ゙☆⌒o(*^ー゚)v

Comments

• Bondidude
    Bondidude Posts: 46 Just Dropped In
    Strange is out and Hawkeye is in LLs as of a few moments ago.
  • fight4thedream
    Thanks! OP updated. icon_e_smile.gif
  • Rhycar
    Rhycar Posts: 107 Tile Toppler
    Hey Fight, possibly asked and answered elsewhere, but do we know when Peggy will be removed from the 12 latest 4*? Thanks for this resource, BTW.
  • MirrorKnight
    MirrorKnight Posts: 72 Match Maker
    Also, when will HawkGuy rotate in?
  • Arphaxad
    Arphaxad Posts: 278 Mover and Shaker
    This list is great, thank you for putting it together. Something like this needs to be added in game though. Not all players read the boards.
  • huktonfonix
    huktonfonix Posts: 214 Tile Toppler
    They rotate characters with the "new" tag into tokens the following season, so we can probably expect Peggy to rotate out and Iron Fist in at the beginning of next season.

Normally it would be two characters, but since we got a 5* this season I think only Peggy gets bumped?
  • fight4thedream
    From my understanding of the current vaulting system, Peggy should be removed the beginning of next season when Iron Fist enters the token pool. I may be wrong though. Unfortunately, I am not sure when 3* Hawkguy will enter the token pool. Anyone with a better insight into this new vault thing, feel free to correct or confirm. Thanks!
    Arphaxad wrote:
    This list is great, thank you for putting it together. Something like this needs to be added in game though. Not all players read the boards.

Agreed. Hopefully it's something Brigby or Cthulhu can bring up to the development team.
  • hodayathink
    hodayathink Posts: 528 Critical Contributor
    Arphaxad wrote:

It's already in game. Each token page explicitly tells you what characters you can pull from it (either by showing you the vault or showing you the odds and covers if it isn't a vault).
  • fight4thedream
    Arphaxad wrote:

It's already in game. Each token page explicitly tells you what characters you can pull from it (either by showing you the vault or showing you the odds and covers if it isn't a vault).

While you are correct, I think what Arphaxad is trying to point out is that a non-forum goer: 1. is likely not aware of the vault system, 2. meaning they won't be aware that when a new character is being added, an older character will be removed.

A simple in-game message would help keep the wider player base better informed of the changes in the tokens.
  • astrp3
    astrp3 Posts: 367 Mover and Shaker
    edited March 2017
    Normally it would be two characters, but since we got a 5* this season I think only Peggy gets bumped?

I may very well be wrong, but I thought they were releasing a new character every two weeks and that every third release was a 5*/3*. If so, wouldn't the normal situation (2/3 of the time) be to get only one new 4* in a season (if the rotation is 4*>4*>5*>4*>4*>5*... then we'd get 4*/4* in one season, 5*/4* in the next season, and 4*/5* the season after than, then repeat).
  • The Viceroy Returns
    The Viceroy Returns Posts: 491 Mover and Shaker
    Arphaxad wrote:

While you are correct, I think what Arphaxad is trying to point out is that a non-forum goer: 1. is likely not aware of the vault system, 2. meaning they won't be aware that when a new character is being added, an older character will be removed.

A simple in-game message would help keep the wider player base better informed of the changes in the tokens.

To address this, they should add a new tag for characters that will soon leave their pool.
    The presentation would be exactly like the "NEW" and "LIMITED" tags. It would have the text of "EXPIRING" (can't find a better single word for "About to Expire/Leave") or "SEASON ###" (to denote the current season, the season will leave), along with its own unique background color (something in the red-orange range).
    For 5 Stars, since they don't leave based on season, a simple "OLDEST" tag would be fine enough. Maybe "OLDEST" would just work across the board in all cases. It just doesn't give any clue as to when they would leave, which is somewhat the issue.
    Something like this should be good enough for something at least.
  • GrumpySmurf1002
    GrumpySmurf1002 Posts: 3,511 Chairperson of the Boards
    I threw this together previously, this is based on the recent patterns of 4/5* releases. It's subject to change based on Demiurge's whim, but it's a good enough estimate, +/- one season for 4s, +/- two weeks for 5s.

Peggy out on 4/6
    Wasp out on 5/4
    Gwenpool out on 6/29
    Blade out on 7/27
    Carol out on 9/21
    Fist out on 11/23

Thanos out on 5/8
    Panther out on 6/12
  • Killians8
    Killians8 Posts: 134 Tile Toppler
    Thanks fight. Much easier to find this information now when I need to.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Moved to Tips and Guides, which is where guides like this should live.

Moderator aside: keep in mind that (like me) fight4thedream does not work for D3Go! or Demiurge and has no more information on token rotation plans or schedules than any other player. This is a guide written by a fellow player, not an official post.
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    I would keep it up to date based on releases.

Like, 5* Hawkeye added, 5* Thanos IS technically the next to leave, but the current format makes it sound like he's on the chopping block with Peggy, when she should leave with the start of the next season (roughly a week), but Thanos should stick around for another... what, 4 weeks till the next release, 2 more after that before he's cycled out?

Maybe leave Thanos at the top of the list so it's clear he's next, but don't flag him with an "X" until the next 5* is announced and we can estimate a date for his removal? Or maybe add in a paragraph about how 5*s differ from 4*s when being added to tokens, and putting that information in between the 4*s and 5*s on the list to better differentiate them? I figure most forum veterans will know, but we get enough people that don't read most threads that are still asking when 4*s are going to join tokens that it might not hurt to spell out the difference (before newer people start thinking Thanos is going to leave tokens in a week because that's when Peggy leaves, you know?)
  • cubnad
    cubnad Posts: 138 Tile Toppler
    Really helpful. Thanks
  • fight4thedream
    I threw this together previously, this is based on the recent patterns of 4/5* releases. It's subject to change based on Demiurge's whim, but it's a good enough estimate, +/- one season for 4s, +/- two weeks for 5s.

Peggy out on 4/6
    Wasp out on 5/4
    Gwenpool out on 6/29
    Blade out on 7/27
    Carol out on 9/21
    Fist out on 11/23

Thanos out on 5/8
    Panther out on 6/12

This is great! Will add to the OP with a caveat that it's not set in stone but a good guesstimate. Thank you!
    JHawkInc wrote:
    I would keep it up to date based on releases.

Like, 5* Hawkeye added, 5* Thanos IS technically the next to leave, but the current format makes it sound like he's on the chopping block with Peggy, when she should leave with the start of the next season (roughly a week), but Thanos should stick around for another... what, 4 weeks till the next release, 2 more after that before he's cycled out?

Maybe leave Thanos at the top of the list so it's clear he's next, but don't flag him with an "X" until the next 5* is announced and we can estimate a date for his removal? Or maybe add in a paragraph about how 5*s differ from 4*s when being added to tokens, and putting that information in between the 4*s and 5*s on the list to better differentiate them? I figure most forum veterans will know, but we get enough people that don't read most threads that are still asking when 4*s are going to join tokens that it might not hurt to spell out the difference (before newer people start thinking Thanos is going to leave tokens in a week because that's when Peggy leaves, you know?)

Included two different types of Xs to help distinguish who is being removed soon and who is not:

x- will be removed next
    X - removal imminent

Any other feedback would be much appreciated! [especially if anyone knows what is going on with the 3* tier lol] icon_e_smile.gif
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards

Brigby implied Loki was dropped from the token pool because he was the oldest character in the lot. I have tried to sort the Three-star character list by release date so we can get an idea about who is next to leave:

Black Widow
    Spider-Man
    Iron Man
    Wolverine
    Daredevil
    Black Panther
    Steve Rogers
    Sam Wilson
    Deadpool
    Blade
    Rocket & Groot
    Luke Cage
    Squirrel Girl
    Cyclops
    Iron Fist
    Kamala Khan
    Scarlet Witch
    Dr. Strange
    Thanos
    Hawkeye (Hawkguy)

I think both Black Widow and Spider-man were available in the game upon release (I wasn't playing then, so I can't say for sure), the rest of the list I am pretty dang certain of. If Black Widow and Spider-man is of equal age I Think Black Widow would be the first to go, so I put her at the top.

• Slarow
    Slarow Posts: 204 Tile Toppler
    With C&D coming at the beginning of this season, we most likely will see another 4* within the season, so wouldn't that mean that both wasp *and* spider woman would leave on 5/4?
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Slarow said:
    With C&D coming at the beginning of this season, we most likely will see another 4* within the season, so wouldn't that mean that both wasp *and* spider woman would leave on 5/4?
    The current pattern seems to be that every third character release is a fivestar character, so I Think it's assumed the second release this season will not affect the fourstar pool. Could be wrong though.