Enemy Passives Erroneously Firing In Wave Missions (merged) [Investigating]

EDL666
EDL666 Posts: 73
I had 3 Sentry goons(gunners, fighters, whatever), I made a match-5, downing one, which spawned Jean Grey and then she fired Psychic Feedback and my turn ended... Jean Grey wasn't there when I made the match-5, I can't expect this to not be a bug, it just doesn't make any sense.

Moderator note: Edited subject to reflect that this issue effects reaction abilities in general, not just Jean Grey's. This could include both Deadpools, some Hulks, 3* Captain Marvel, and others.

As noted below by
Tombstone, devs are working on a fix for this.

Comments

• HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    edited March 2017
    I was playing a simulation match this morning where both teams had red as the strongest power. Every time the other team matched red Energy Manipulation triggered and gave me AP but did not damage the other team. My team was Peggy Carter, Red Hulk, Carol Danvers the other team was Peggy Carter, Iceman, Iron Man Model 40.

Tooltip for Energy Manipuation stated that both teams had red as the strongest power.
  • HaywireII
    HaywireII Posts: 568 Critical Contributor
    It just happened to me again in another simulator match. My team was Peggy Carter, Red Hulk, Carol Danvers and other team was Peggy Carter, IM40, Moon Knight. Every time they matched red I got AP but the other team took no damage.
  • I'm also having this happen, I'm getting the ap but there's no damage. My Captain Marvel would do 2k damage in the PVP event at the moment so missing out on that much aoe damage reduces her usefulness significantly.
  • Eichen
    Eichen Posts: 176 Tile Toppler
    edited March 2017
    Today in the Behemoth Burrito my Captain Marvel (3*) took a big hit by Thoress. What should have happened is I should have received 5 Red AP and 3 Black AP because of her Energy Absorption. Instead the AI received all the AP that I should have got.
  • USTA
    USTA Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    Another issue on her passive.

If you down a group of 3 with area of damage and Captain Marvel is the 4th enemy of a wave, she gets in front and triggers energy absorption even though she did not take any damage at all.
  • shirwin
    shirwin Posts: 9 Just Dropped In
    USTA wrote:

If you down a group of 3 with area of damage and Captain Marvel is the 4th enemy of a wave, she gets in front and triggers energy absorption even though she did not take any damage at all.

Saw this many times on Deadpool's daily.
  • TeamStewie
    TeamStewie Posts: 357 Mover and Shaker
    shirwin wrote:
    USTA wrote:

And it seems like she's somewhere in there EVERY SINGLE DAY icon_e_sad.gif
  • elusive
    elusive Posts: 261 Mover and Shaker
    TeamStewie wrote:
    shirwin wrote:
    USTA wrote:

And it seems like she's somewhere in there EVERY SINGLE DAY icon_e_sad.gif

At this point, I think they're doing it as a giant middle finger to all of us who've complained about it for the longest time now.
  • LifeofAgony
    LifeofAgony Posts: 690 Critical Contributor
    Also saw this in the 2* wave node today. She had taken 0 damage when she appeared and took energy absorption for the previous moves.
  • JohnnyBlood
    JohnnyBlood Posts: 85 Match Maker
    Also saw this in the 2* wave node today. She had taken 0 damage when she appeared and took energy absorption for the previous moves.

Yep, and for me, she was preceded by a cascade and another cascade, so, the sentry dies, she comes to front, absorbs energy 4 or 5 times (literally), and in actuality received 0 damage, but starts her turn with 20 red AP.
  • Wetzilla
    Wetzilla Posts: 23 Just Dropped In
    Are you sure that the enemy got the AP? The animation is currently bugged, it looks like it's going to the team without Captain Marvel, but in my experience the correct team does get the AP.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Hey Guys, thanks for letting us know about the issue. I'll be sure to discuss this more with our team to see if they can reproduce anything. I'll be sure to let you guys know once I've gotten any updates unless someone else beats me to it.
  • cooperbigdaddy
    cooperbigdaddy Posts: 364 Mover and Shaker
    Tombstone,

If you would like to recreate it quickly, have a wave node with 4+ characters, the first three low level and the 4th being 3*Marvel. Then have Thanos Court Death to kill the first three characters. 3* Marvel will probably Absorb 3 times.

Thank you for looking into it.
  • JVReal
    JVReal Posts: 1,884 Chairperson of the Boards
    This bug has been around for a long time. I get it all the time when Captain Marvel is next to show up, I kill the other fellows, she rolls in and generates AP as if I had hit her and then she's got AP to blast me. It could definitely use fixing.
  • Smudge
    Smudge Posts: 562 Critical Contributor
    It's the same with XPool. Massive damage to someone, XPool appears, BOOM you get hit with X-Enforcer 1-3 times. It's time that gets addressed if you ask me. Or drop CMarv/XPool/Jean from the "random" rotation until they can fix that.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    As JVReal put it, this is currently a known bug with multi character waves when a character passive fires erroneously after that character replaces another that was downed. A fix is currently in the works for this.
  • Alphateam
    Alphateam Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    edited March 2017
    After the latest update I still get the bug in the wave missions where the new enemies power fires off when they were not in play.

For instance. I finished off a goon with 3* Stranges passive. Hulk was the next person up and he threw his Anger out even though he was not in the round when the damage occurred.

Further the other bug where the new character entering goes to the third position back but yet takes damage like they were in front.

I thought these were to be addressed in the new update. They are still there.
  • firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Yet another different effect with the same bug in today's DDQ. Took out some goons, and 3* Hulk came in using Anger, though he had taken no damage. Please, make this a priority to fix. It is easily replicable, interferes with the proper behavior of multiple characters, and has been happening for a while now.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    firethorne wrote:
    Yet another different effect with the same bug in today's DDQ. Took out some goons, and 3* Hulk came in using Anger, though he had taken no damage. Please, make this a priority to fix. It is easily replicable, interferes with the proper behavior of multiple characters, and has been happening for a while now.
    All of that is true, but I can understand them taking a little time on this bug. It's a pretty deep order of operations problem in the wave nodes, and a fix implemented without enough care or testing could cause other, potentially bigger bugs.
  • Wazari
    Wazari Posts: 7
    Have noticed this power triggering when Capt Marvel comes in to a battle after an enemy has been downed

She doesn't take any damage but the passive will proc

Is this intended?