Squirrel Girl Bigger They Are Not Ending Turn? [Devs Aware]

Options
orbitalint
orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
I'm playing in the Cover Squirrel PVP right now and there are times that the opponent's Bigger They Are yellow never resolves properly because after it is cast, the computer still makes a match.

My team was Star Lord, Squirrel and either IM40 or SWitch but it happened on multiple occasions. My best recollection is that when Star Lord's Everybody With Me went off, it interrupted the "end turn" portion of the ability and the computer made a match.

Oh order of operations bugs.

Comments

• firethorne
    firethorne Posts: 1,505 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Confirmed. Happened to me too. I was using Starlord.
  • justplainchips
    justplainchips Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Also just happened to me.

My team:
    Star Lord
    Kate Bishop

vs

Star Lord
    IM40 (downed at the time)

I had seen Bigger They Are end the turn in other matches using the same people on my team. But this time it didn't.
  • ZeroKarma
    ZeroKarma Posts: 513 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Had the same happen against a team without Starlord.
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ah, I wasn't crazy then! Could have sworn the AI made a match after using Bigger They Are.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey guys, I'll definitely inform the team of this issue you guys are reporting with Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) The Bigger They Are (Yellow) ability. Does this issue always seem to happen when there is a Star-Lord on the opposing team? Or have you guys encountered the issue with other team compositions?

For those of you who noted the issue happening when Star-Lord was on the opposing team, was he above or below 80% health when he fired his passive?
  • orbitalint
    orbitalint Posts: 511 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Tombstone wrote:
    Hey guys, I'll definitely inform the team of this issue you guys are reporting with Squirrel Girl (Unbeatable) The Bigger They Are (Yellow) ability. Does this issue always seem to happen when there is a Star-Lord on the opposing team? Or have you guys encountered the issue with other team compositions?

For those of you who noted the issue happening when Star-Lord was on the opposing team, was he above or below 80% health when he fired his passive?

I'm pretty sure I was playing against a Star-Lord/4*Cyc once when it happened as well as a 4*Cyc/Kate Bishop or IM40. I think it happened against an IM40/Star-Lord as well. My team was always Star-Lord/IM40 vs those teams.

I know at least 2 of those matches mentioned above were in instances where my Star-Lord was above 80% health. I was only getting hit with match damage before it happened. Can't say for certain it was all 3 though. Can't say for certain about their Star-Lord. Sorry I can't be more helpful on the 80% health condition.

I'll take a screenshot next time it happens so I can be certain of these questions.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    I have also seen The Bigger They Are animations play in reverse order (power animation first, banner second). Can't remember if it ended the turn correctly.
  • Tombstone
    Tombstone ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 1,208 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Small update, our testers were able to reproduce the issue and the bug has been entered into the database. Thank you all for providing your feedback on the issue!
  • Coubii
    Coubii Posts: 133 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Modify the bug report! Instead of a fix on something that should have never ended turn, just update the description of squirrel girl power.

Won't change meta, but will just give some love to squirrels.
  • Dayv
    Dayv Posts: 4,449 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    In her PvP I saw this as well. It would sometimes end the turn and sometimes not. It seemed like it didn't end the turn if her side already had protect tiles out.

This power really does need a redesign. It has a similar cost to Falcon's purple, no offensive aspect like his, and puts out a similar total amount of protection only if the enemy is at high health. Whether or not it ends the turn, it's just not enough.
  • dgt73
    dgt73 Posts: 28 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Just had same bug occur in "Deadpool vs MPQ" event. Enemy team was Elektra(downed), SGirl & 3*Panther. SGirl fired 'Bigger they are' & then went on to make a match. Power did not end turn.
  • Ryudoz
    Ryudoz Posts: 102 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Just happened to me. Black Panther Node in DP vs. Heroes. Elektra and BP were both down on their side. Squirrel Girl used bigger they are, my Power Man fired his Defender ability (as he was in front). And then she made a match-4. 

My roster: 
    Power Man (Luke Cage)
    Black Panther (T'Challa)
    Daken (Dark Avengers) [downed at time]

• Kaeyne
    Kaeyne Posts: 68 Match Maker
    Options
    Is this still not fixed? I just had Squirrel Girl use her yellow and then immediately Doctor Strange stunned my front row character with Crimson Bands.