** Magneto (Marvel NOW!) ** [PRE 2015-03]

Comments

• Rune998 wrote:
    I've found it really helpful on minion fights to use him because once you get his blue (@5) and purple going it's quite easy to chain his blue. Meaning it'll wipe the board every 4 turns which is faster than the majority of countdown tiles generated by enemies given you are starting from a clean board.

Yeah, if you're only using Magneto as a countdown wiper against PvE goons like H.A.M.M.E.R./Maggia/Brotherhood, then 5-5-3 or 5-4-4 would be the way to go. His role would be very restricted, but he'd excel at what he'd do. That's no bad thing.

QUIZ - WHERE'S YOUR BLUE AT?

Lvl 1 : You're obsessed with cheap AP costs and watching tiles pop as often as possible. You probably have a level 61, 1-5-4 abomination which brings you perverse pleasure. I salute you, but I ain't gonna shake your hand. Lord knows where it's been.

Lvl 2: You like certainties and security. When you use a skill you want to know it will work. And you don't like having a skill that you don't feel you'll use. It might seem odd that you're using a character with such random abilities, but you've worked out the probabilities and they fall within acceptable parameters. Weirdo.

Lvl 3: You see your Magneto as just a tool. His purple is to feed someone else. His red is also to feed AP and deal damage. His blue's only at 3 so that you can hit max level to squeeze more damage from his red. You'll only use his blue if your other blue character's dead. So cold.

Lvl 4: Similar to 3, except you wanted your red at 4 to use it primarily for damage where the cheaper cost matters for getting it off. So mean.

Lvl 5: The best things come to those who wait. Especially explosions. You are a very positive person. You can live through all the times when your blue countdown tile gets matched or destroyed (especially by yourself which would make a normal person die a little inside). You can do this because you only remember the one time in ten when it goes off and you feel all tingly inside. Lucky sod.
  • yup/blue serves as board clearance only.
    paired with spidey. both at max blue..is safe pla, but need a long time to win. paired with obw/gsbw or any damging character. it's so good. both offense and defense
  • Marty17
    Marty17 Posts: 503 Critical Contributor
    Out of curiosity, what is estimated damage does Magneto do on a level 5 blue & maxed 85lvl?
  • Marty17 wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what is estimated damage does Magneto do on a level 5 blue & maxed 85lvl?

It was calculated earlier in the thread to be an average of 23.3 damage per tile inclusive of environment tiles.

Average damage = 23.3 * 64 = 1491.2
  • Does his purple only change 3 blues instead of 5 blues for anybody else??? It seemed to change between matches and it makes me SUPER sad icon_e_sad.gif I use that to fuel Spidey.

Devs really don't want me being able to beat 230 missions icon_e_sad.gif
  • Does his purple only change 3 blues instead of 5 blues for anybody else??? It seemed to change between matches and it makes me SUPER sad icon_e_sad.gif I use that to fuel Spidey.

Some of the missions have a "team up" mags with a weak purple that might be replacing your real mags
  • gamar wrote:
    Does his purple only change 3 blues instead of 5 blues for anybody else??? It seemed to change between matches and it makes me SUPER sad icon_e_sad.gif I use that to fuel Spidey.

Some of the missions have a "team up" mags with a weak purple that might be replacing your real mags

Ahhh...I think you may be right, I wasn't really paying attention. SO glad I clicked the wrong button and that Mags wasn't nerfed.

CHEERS !
  • ^ Only classic Magneto is lined up for a nerf/fix, not the Marvel Now Mags.
  • So - my MN Magneto was at 5/4/4 - got a purple cover from the cover lottery. Decided to change him to 4/5/4. Now, when i use his purple power in a match, it only allows me to change 3 tiles to blue instead of 5! Instead of gaining an extra tile to change, I have lost one. Is this a known bug? BTW - the power description does still say it should be 5 tiles that he can change
  • The more I use MN Mags, the more I'm loving him. I have him at 3/5/5 but only level 20, but his Purple has been invaluable for matches when I want to use Spidey to stunlock the opposition. His red is very useful as long as it's placed away from the edge. I'm currently trying to get at least 6 of my 3* characters up to level 80 or above, and when I've done that, I definitely think he'll be getting some ISO to level him up.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    fjser wrote:
    So - my MN Magneto was at 5/4/4 - got a purple cover from the cover lottery. Decided to change him to 4/5/4. Now, when i use his purple power in a match, it only allows me to change 3 tiles to blue instead of 5! Instead of gaining an extra tile to change, I have lost one. Is this a known bug? BTW - the power description does still say it should be 5 tiles that he can change

are you sure you were using your own Mag and not one provided in a special mission? My mags still produces 5 blue at lvl 5
  • fjser wrote:
    So - my MN Magneto was at 5/4/4 - got a purple cover from the cover lottery. Decided to change him to 4/5/4. Now, when i use his purple power in a match, it only allows me to change 3 tiles to blue instead of 5! Instead of gaining an extra tile to change, I have lost one. Is this a known bug? BTW - the power description does still say it should be 5 tiles that he can change

are you sure you were using your own Mag and not one provided in a special mission? My mags still produces 5 blue at lvl 5

I pretty much guarantee this will be the case. You'll be using the Mags provided without realising it.
  • one of the missions in the sub-event auto sets the default MN Magneto instead our yours...i was confused as well when i could only change 3 tiles instead of 5 and the blue cost was cheaper than what it normally was
  • DaveyPitch wrote:
    fjser wrote:

I pretty much guarantee this will be the case. You'll be using the Mags provided without realising it.

Same thing happened to me last night... I thought there was a stealth nerf, realized when I replayed mission it was not my Magneto. Wierd, because I thought it had typically defaulted to my Mags.
  • Too Easy wrote:
    one of the missions in the sub-event auto sets the default MN Magneto instead our yours...i was confused as well when i could only change 3 tiles instead of 5 and the blue cost was cheaper than what it normally was

I think it only defaults if the loaner MN Mag is a higher level.
  • jozier wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:
    one of the missions in the sub-event auto sets the default MN Magneto instead our yours...i was confused as well when i could only change 3 tiles instead of 5 and the blue cost was cheaper than what it normally was

It defaults to whichever is highest level; if they're the same it picks yours (which has hurt me in the Psylocke tournament, since I tend to use her as a shield, and prefer to use the donated one for that).
  • jozier wrote:
    Too Easy wrote:

that might have been the case...i just didnt think they would provide me a Magneto that is higher than level 50 lol (since mine was 50)...i could've accidently clicked on the default one and didnt notice
  • As much as I like him (he was my first serious **char. I tend to use him a lot during the 1* times), currently he's not much of a help - I'm playing Punisher and OBW, so both of them have better abilities in those colours. Occasionally I use MMN Purple and sometimes I use red, but only sometimes.
    Still, a very decent character, both in terms of dmg dealing and support (well, and board control as well...). All in one icon_e_wink.gif
  • Awww, the helpful forumites come to the rescue. Well done gang!
  • Phaserhawk
    Phaserhawk Posts: 2,676 Chairperson of the Boards
    Emeryt wrote:
    As much as I like him (he was my first serious **char. I tend to use him a lot during the 1* times), currently he's not much of a help - I'm playing Punisher and OBW, so both of them have better abilities in those colours. Occasionally I use MMN Purple and sometimes I use red, but only sometimes.
    Still, a very decent character, both in terms of dmg dealing and support (well, and board control as well...). All in one icon_e_wink.gif

yeah Magneto MN pairs well with OBW even though they compete, because suprsingly they give you options. You can opt to steal with OBW purple, or do you generate blue with MMN's ability thus feeding OBW's heal, (MMN's blue isn't all that great unless you need an unreliable board clear)

He also goes nicely with IM40 5/4/4. IM40 gets his yellow, which gets purple and blue, MMN uses purple to generate alot of blue, IM40 kills everyone when back online.
This discussion has been closed.