Russia IV Dialogue Error

Options
The last line after beating the Russia IV mission is a string of letters and numbers that looks like a pointer reference for dialogue instead of the intended line.

Only cosmetic, really, but I thought it worth noting.
that or the Nick Fury I rescued is an LMD with a database problem.

Comments

• _RiO_
    _RiO_ Posts: 1,047 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited February 2014
    Options
    Wolverine also clearly is speaking a line that was meant for Nick Fury. After he announces he's got Nick and is getting out, he immediately one-eighties into saying: "Not yet. Pull the team back together."
    That line was obviously meant for Nick, who wants to press on and continue the fight to sweep the lab.

The placeholder token mentioned by Dayraven is "Dialogue_MissionE04P05A05_Post_04". How the heck do dialogue placeholder tokens following a fixed naming system (afaict this one stands for "episode 4, part 5, area 5, post mission dialogue for 4th mission") find their way into production content? This should've been flagged by automated testing, I'd think.
  • andrewqsmith
    andrewqsmith Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Yeah I encountered it as well. Looks like wolverine is saying a piece of dialog for nick and then nick runs out of txt to pull.

Instead he says:
    Dialogue_MissionE04P05A04_Post_04
  • Screenshot for hilarity.

K2R1GMn.jpg

At least this time the bugs in the event dont crash my PC game lol.
  • Nonce Equitaur 2
    Nonce Equitaur 2 Posts: 2,269 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey, Devs ... could you tell us what this dialog was supposed to be? It seems to be a pivotal part of this story line.
  • Dribbler
    Dribbler Posts: 24 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Getting same error
  • I also encountered this, and it's hilarious.
  • I just assumed they found a Nick!Bot instead of the real Nick. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN
  • Mehhh wrote:
    I just assumed they found a Nick!Bot instead of the real Nick. DUN DUN DUNNNNNN

A bot that can telepathically project his thoughts and force Wolvie to say them out loud... Osborn has been busy icon_twisted.gif
  • I don't know what you guys are complaining about! After all we'd gone through to recover Nick Fury, when he turned around immediately after his rescue from such a harrowing experience and declared "Dialogue_MissionE04P05A05_Post_04", well, i'm not ashamed to say it really brought a Emotional_Indicator_SentimentalType_05 to my eye.