Can we have what the Breaking Points objectives are please?

Options
ridfrenzy
ridfrenzy Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Event is starting in under and hour and we still have no information on what objectives will be set for each node?

Comments

• Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    I remember when events first came out, I emailed support to ask them what the objectives for the current event were. Their reply was, "I'm sorry. We can't give out information on future plans for the game."
  • aliasbard
    aliasbard Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Options
    We need Guinea Pigs!
  • UweTellkampf
    UweTellkampf Posts: 376 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Saheeli:

Energise 5 jewels.
    Lose 2 or less creatures.
  • Fiddler
    Fiddler Posts: 251 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Saheeli
    -energize 5 or more gems
    -lose two or less creatures

Bottom Right
    -energize 5 or more gems
    -take 15 or less damage

Bottom Left
    -energize 5 or more gems
    -win with 75+ hit points remaining
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Hey Everyone,

Here are the final release notes for the 1.9.1 patch that will be going live tomorrow!

New Event: Inventor’s Fair

On this vibrant plane, aether powers thousands of brilliant inventions from clockwork automatons to massive airships. Genius inventors have come from all over the world to compete at the Inventors' Fair. Who will most impress the mysterious Head Judge?

The optional objectives for the Inventor’s Fair are as follows:
      Blue and White Node
      Optional Objective 1: Energise 5 or more Gems during the match. Optional Objective 2: Lose 2 or less creatures during a single fight.
    Red Node
      Optional Objective 1: Energise 5 or more Gems during the match. Optional Objective 2: Take less than 15 damage during a single fight.
    Green Node
      Optional Objective 1: Energise 5 or more Gems during the match. Optional Objective 2: Win the fight with 75 or more HP remaining.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hey Brigby, remember when you asked us what sort of things we want to see delivered to our inbox? This is one of them.
  • Infested
    Infested Posts: 98 Match Maker
    Options
    Are the other 2 nodes locked to a color?
  • Lagartha
    Lagartha Posts: 186 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Infested wrote:
    Are the other 2 nodes locked to a color?
    Nope. You can use any walker.
  • Irgy
    Irgy Posts: 148 Tile Toppler
    Options
    You know what would be good? If the interface was such that you see the objectives first, and then pick the planeswalker. It's not hard.

And by "good" I mean "not a completely tinykitty stupid design".

This idea that we can check the forums was a bad idea from the beginning, but also relied on the information being on the forums, which for the last two new events in a row it wasn't until a player added it (that player having had to make the sacrifice and just take a stab in the dark).
  • Brigby
    Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Hey Brigby, remember when you asked us what sort of things we want to see delivered to our inbox? This is one of them.
    Don't events usually have a lot of different chapters with a bunch of different objectives?

I'd imagine all of that being squished into one notification would be a bit difficult to read, and having a bunch of notifications per chapter/match would just get overwhelming, wouldn't it?
  • THEMAGICkMAN
    THEMAGICkMAN Posts: 697 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Don't events usually have a lot of different chapters with a bunch of different objectives?

I'd imagine all of that being squished into one notification would be a bit difficult to read, and having a bunch of notifications per chapter/match would just get overwhelming, wouldn't it?

At the very least it would have been nice to know the objectives before the event started, having them up here on the forums with the release notes for example.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Well not the entire objective screen squished into that little rectangle, sure. But there is the capability to link out to other webpages, for example to surveys. There can be a link to a page with the objectives spelled out.
  • Onion_lotion
    Onion_lotion Posts: 7 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Brigby wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Well not the entire objective screen squished into that little rectangle, sure. But there is the capability to link out to other webpages, for example to surveys. There can be a link to a page with the objectives spelled out.
    Like the Facebook page as well?
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Brigby wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Actually, we want to be able to read them in the nodes themselves, before we assign planeswalkers to them. In fact, you could even make them pop up and stay on the main Event screen next to the nodes. That would be WAY more convenient for us.

We're just assuming that you don't WANT to do it in a way that's convenient for us, because we've learned from experience that our convenience isn't important to you, and so we're looking for a solution which we consider to be convenient for you to implement, and which we can put up with. We're used to putting up with a lot of burden from the UI. We hate it, but whatcha gonna do, eh?