Let's make some metrics folks!

Options
PastrySpider
PastrySpider Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
So, the Dev's response to the recent update is "we understand that you in the forums hate this but we think its the right thing to do and we're waiting on metrics to show we are right." That's actually from their perspective not a completely unreasonable response. However, from where we are, they've made the game much worse for many of us and we need to make sure that they see that in ways which are meaningful to them. We need to start making sure that the key success metrics they look for in the game are showing player sentiment.

Here are some of the metrics they will be looking at:
-Active installs
-Revenue from purchases
-Daily rewards claimed
-Event participation rates
-Average event score and top place scores (for both players and coalitions)

Its worth noting that while revenue is would seemingly be the most important number (and is in the long run) its probably the hardest to measure a downward trend in for them as a lot of folks have bought mana jewel packs recently and a small number of purchasers will give them a temporary upward bounce. So if you are unhappy, you need to do more than just vote with your wallet right now.

To be clear, I am not advocating faking anything here. Don't pretend to hate the game if you secretly love it and plan on playing a ton. All I am suggesting is that now is the right time to look at the game and at events and purchases and think very carefully as to whether they make sense as an investment of your time and/or money.

If you aren't enjoying the game anymore, leave and uninstall it. If you don't want to do that, don't claim daily rewards or join events.

If you don't think the game is going in a good direction and you are worried about the value of investing more money anymore, don't buy anything.

If you don't think progression event rewards are sufficient, don't join events or don't rank in them.

If you don't think coalition event rewards are sufficient, don't play past progression rewards and/or leave your coalition.

Hopefully they get the message that the user base is unhappy sooner rather than later. Or maybe the vast bulk of the player base that aren't on the forum love this and its the right move for the game. Either way, the sooner they get significant results, the sooner we'll have confidence in the way the game is going to go.

Comments

• Nitymp
    Nitymp Posts: 320 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    Think i've missed my dailies for the last 3/4 days now on my main and my alt. And I'm not even going to waste 2 minutes of my time anymore going in to redeem them again.
  • Mainloop25
    Mainloop25 Posts: 1,936 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Sentiments are a little more varied on reddit and the Facebook group than here, but overall, the people who are vocal are unhappy about the current direction of the game.
  • Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Mainloop25 wrote:
    Sentiments are a little more varied on reddit and the Facebook group than here, but overall, the people who are vocal are unhappy about the current direction of the game.

That's really kinda how these things work. Happy people are generally less vocal than angry ones. A happy people don't form mobs to shower their target with praise.
  • Thésée
    Thésée Posts: 238 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

That's really kinda how these things work. Happy people are generally less vocal than angry ones. A happy people don't form mobs to shower their target with praise.

We are 20 unhappy people in our coalition. Our leader his the only one who has posted on the forum to voice it (and with me now, that's 2) .i agree with you but lots of unhappy people don't join angry mobs also. Yet they don't like what's happening at all
  • buscemi
    buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:
    Mainloop25 wrote:

Well, it does happen...

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=48283
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=61002
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=59115
    viewtopic.php?f=31&t=58021

... just not very often. Happens a lot more on facebook, actually, people are very generous with their likes, and the focus is usually much more positive there.
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Ohboy wrote:

Game forums tend to be overwhelmingly negative, but generally things are in a good state if people are complaining about balance rather than bugs / features / content (which is where we are right now here).

Subreddits tend to be more positive, but go south quickly when people are upset.
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    So, the Dev's response to the recent update is "we understand that you in the forums hate this but we think its the right thing to do and we're waiting on metrics to show we are right." That's actually from their perspective not a completely unreasonable response. However, from where we are, they've made the game much worse for many of us and we need to make sure that they see that in ways which are meaningful to them. We need to start making sure that the key success metrics they look for in the game are showing player sentiment.

Here are some of the metrics they will be looking at:
    -Active installs
    -Revenue from purchases
    -Daily rewards claimed
    -Event participation rates
    -Average event score and top place scores (for both players and coalitions)

Looks like I won't be giving them anything good to look at for a while.
    Since about the same time they put up Breaking Points I haven't been able to load the game.
    Looks like I'm going to be submitting a ticket and waiting.