New drop rates

Options
buscemi
buscemi Posts: 673 Critical Contributor
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ General Discussion
Is anyone gather data on the new drop rates? I've seen a lot of random reports of single pulls that have been good or bad, but is anyone trying to determine what they actually are?

I've not made much headway into it myself, because there's not much point opening boosters until all the exclusives are available there. Or spending crystals until the next set comes out. Or, tbh, spending jewels until the masterpieces come out in the next set either. Or, while I'm at it, spending runes when you can play events with low level planeswalkers to gain advantages.

Comments

• Ohboy
    Ohboy Posts: 1,766 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIp ... g/viewform

Span's data entry form

I'm also waiting for next expansion, which I think most people are... So it's probably going to be slow.
  • AngelForge
    AngelForge Posts: 325 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    I bought a super pack and got 15/8/1/1 + the guaranteed rare. Dropped​ the info in the linked page.

But I would guess that the drop rate hasn't changed. Why should the developers do that?
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    They strongly implied that the drop rates were improving, which was why the pack sizes were decreasing. Also, I suppose, why the quantity of rewards was decreased.

However, its all conjecture, and since they won't give us any information or data, we can just assume they are taking advantage of us as usual.
  • babar3355
    babar3355 Posts: 1,128 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited March 2017
    Options
    Ok, gonna open 2 fat packs that were leftovers... I will report back..

Fat Pack 1 - 3 Rares
    Fat Pack 2 - Nothing

The 3 rares seemed surprisingly good. The Nothing felt more normal.
  • losdamianos
    losdamianos Posts: 429 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    AngelForge wrote:
    I bought a super pack and got 15/8/1/1 + the guaranteed rare. Dropped​ the info in the linked page.

But I would guess that the drop rate hasn't changed. Why should the developers do that?
    4 origins premium packs, and 0 mythics 8 rares didnt count rest
  • Obseen
    Obseen Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    SOI premium pack. Only got the guaranteed rare. 14 common and 11 uncommon
  • Sorin81
    Sorin81 Posts: 545 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Opened a Origins "super pack".
    Got one mythic. Rest were common and uncommon.
  • AgainstOne
    AgainstOne Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    Options
    I opened 6 KLD premium packs on the day of the update. No mythics, no masterpieces. I think I got 11 rares total. All in all, I got 1 new rare and 1 new uncommon. I think I had 67% of non-exclusive rares at the time, so 1 new rare (out of 11) and no mythics for 1800 crystals spent is pretty pathetic.
  • octal9
    octal9 Posts: 593 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I'm still collecting data in the usual location https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2dYrE/edit
  • toastie
    toastie Posts: 119 Tile Toppler
    Options
    Until anyone official comments otherwise here's my theory:

The "better drop rates" are just better crystal to GUARANTEED rare rates. Down to 300 for a guaranteed rare rather than 600. Pack drop rates are unchanged.