Can't even beat the starter mission

Options
Unknown
edited February 2014 in MPQ General Discussion
This is asinine. I can't even beat the introlevel to unlock one of the missions. 3 level 98s, Juggernaut, moonstone and bullseye. I can't stop juggernaut from getting his six reds and he destroys me. Intro missions should not be freaking deadly. This and the moronic scaling of the enemies and the freaking insane costs of buffs needed to actually beat the game is too much. No more money for d3. None.

Comments

• Iagocas wrote:
    This is asinine. I can't even beat the introlevel to unlock one of the missions. 3 level 98s, Juggernaut, moonstone and bullseye. I can't stop juggernaut from getting his six reds and he destroys me. Intro missions should not be freaking deadly. This and the moronic scaling of the enemies and the freaking insane costs of buffs needed to actually beat the game is too much. No more money for d3. None.
    Is it just me or are the complaints becoming more and more asinine?
  • Yo dude, if you can't defeat 3 level 98 villains, you aren't ready to compete. Instead of whining, you suck it up, collect ISO and covers, and build your roster.
  • jozier wrote:
    Yo dude, if you can't defeat 3 level 98 villains, you aren't ready to compete. Instead of whining, you suck it up, collect ISO and covers, and build your roster.

Oh great oracle of wisdom and knowledge, please tell me how I can get covers and ISO when I Can't even participate in the tournaments? Does the magic cover fairy just appear and deliver what I need? Please share your oh so great wisdom with us.
  • Iagocas wrote:
    jozier wrote:
    Yo dude, if you can't defeat 3 level 98 villains, you aren't ready to compete. Instead of whining, you suck it up, collect ISO and covers, and build your roster.

Oh great oracle of wisdom and knowledge, please tell me how I can get covers and ISO when I Can't even participate in the tournaments? Does the magic cover fairy just appear and deliver what I need? Please share your oh so great wisdom with us.

Uhmmm, patience? I bet you haven't even finished the Prologue yet.
  • allorin wrote:
    Iagocas wrote:
    jozier wrote:

Uhmmm, patience? I bet you haven't even finished the Prologue yet.
    Uhmmm, patience and a bunch of money thrown at buying covers. Just spend some money, what are you poor? icon_rolleyes.gif
  • jojeda654
    jojeda654 Posts: 1,162 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What team are you using? Your best characters may not have a good chance at beating the missions. You will have a much easier time if you use the buffed characters.

Do you have a Punisher? What level is you Captain America? Magneto? Events place emphasis on characters prominently featured in the current story-line.

I think the point Jozier was trying to make was that level 98 is still pretty low compared to other players. For reference, mine are at least level 190.
  • Scaling must be working if you aren't getting into the missions. I really don't understand those that expect to beat all events. With a reasonable roster of midlevel heroes, and a good understanding of gameplay you would be able to get through. Classic Storm, MN Magneto and Draken all in the mid thirties or so should beat that lineup, they aren't even three stars.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    jojeda654 wrote:
    I think the point Jozier was trying to make was that level 98 is still pretty low compared to other players. For reference, mine are at least level 190.

That might have been the point, but (s)he was being **** about it. And the point isnt necessarily valid. Teams of 190ish opponents to someone with a roster of triple digit but not maxed chars is comparable to someone with lvl 45-60 chars seeing level 98 opponents. Do we know the team of the OP? No? Then maybe we should reserve judgement, have manners and offer constructive criticism while we wait for the OP to give details.

That said, I know that I have one triple digit char (lvl 100 IM40) and one maxed 2* (OBW) yet Im seeing teams from 170 up to low 200s without even completing one clear of all missions. So from my perspective it does seem the scaling is still off and needs tweaking.
  • Agreed. Have a little patience. Build your roster. You don't need to win the new black panther covers to improve your team.
  • NighteyesGrisu
    NighteyesGrisu Posts: 563 Critical Contributor
    Options
    MarvelMan wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

That might have been the point, but (s)he was being **** about it. And the point isnt necessarily valid. Teams of 190ish opponents to someone with a roster of triple digit but not maxed chars is comparable to someone with lvl 45-60 chars seeing level 98 opponents. Do we know the team of the OP? No? Then maybe we should reserve judgement, have manners and offer constructive criticism while we wait for the OP to give details.

you must admit, the OP was rather douchy too, as far as manners go, so he might have been asking for it a bit...

the thing is, with your average mid-tier team you should be able to take that down, especially if you have boosted chars. Apart from that, yes, patience...don't expect to be competitive everywhere. Back in the hulk event I couldn't play halve the missions due to the difficulty and my own low level.
  • MarvelMan
    MarvelMan Posts: 1,350
    Options
    you must admit, the OP was rather douchy too, as far as manners go, so he might have been asking for it a bit...

the thing is, with your average mid-tier team you should be able to take that down, especially if you have boosted chars. Apart from that, yes, patience...don't expect to be competitive everywhere. Back in the hulk event I couldn't play halve the missions due to the difficulty and my own low level.

Definitely. My take is that its either a rant for the sake of ran, which I ignore, or they are ranting but still wanting advice. At which point I am nice to start (maybe even rant a bit myself) while offering some tips. =)
  • MarvelMan wrote:
    jojeda654 wrote:

I was barely able to beat 2 missions in my first Heroic. It didn't make me think that the game was broken or unfair.
    Don't expect to win everything without effort is what I'm saying.
  • Have you played through the prologue? The game is pretty linear if you start at the prologue and complete those missions first. You can even get your feet wet and try out PVP by doing shield training since It givesxprogression rewards and has an unlimited time frame. When you finish the prologue - you should be in good shape to try out an event. But keep in mind that the events are created for players who have already completed the prologue. The events are the episodes that take place after the prologue. I hope this helps!
  • I started playing the game during, I think, the second Hulk event - though it could have been the first, my memory is somewhat spotty.
    I recall being sad that I could not advance far in the event missions due to having high level enemies and lacking the covers/heroes needed to do it.
    However, with some grinding in the prologue, pvp, lightning rounds, basically anything at all that would net me ISO and the possibility of covers (tokens, etc), I'm still struggling BUT having fun whilst doing so because I can play more missions and have more heroes than when I started.

The point here is, OP, if you've played any sort of game that has leveling advancements you should be used to having some content unable to be played until you've put in some time, effort and grinding.
    I mean, heck, look at World of Warcraft. You're not going to start the game for the first time and be all upset that you can't go and raid...er...whatever the high level raids are these days (I left at the end of Cataclysm), are you?
  • I don't see the OP as being doucey; just frustrated. Cut the lower leveled players some slack.
  • Kelbris
    Kelbris Posts: 1,051
    Options
    Iagocas wrote:
    I can't stop juggernaut from getting his six reds and he destroys me.

What the hell are you matching?
  • paralistalon
    Options
    Kelbris wrote:
    Iagocas wrote:
    I can't stop juggernaut from getting his six reds and he destroys me.

What the hell are you matching?

Don't feel bad... NO ONE can stop the juggernaut!