Emergency Ordinances: black node

Options
wereotter
wereotter Posts: 2,064 Chairperson of the Boards
edited March 2017 in MtGPQ Events
How do you energize 5?

This color has incredibly weak energy options and no planeswalker that creates energy. I'm assuming you have to go with Sarkhan in order to make energy reliable and viable, but not even sold on that yet.

How is anyone else doing it?

Edit: doing this without event exclusive cards, please.

Comments

• madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Decoction Module and Oath of Liliana (or FUTF) is doing it for me.
  • wereotter
    Options
    madwren wrote:
    Decoction Module and Oath of Liliana (or FUTF) is doing it for me.

<sigh> I missed Oath of Liliana was a progression reward since I was still so new icon_e_sad.gif but the other should help.
  • watman
    watman Posts: 64 Match Maker
    Options
    Pummeler and that draw2/energize2/take4dmg common that I forgot the name of... Die Young?
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Options
    live fast also generates.... but it hurts u
  • tinyau
    tinyau Posts: 17 Just Dropped In
    Options
    watman wrote:
    Pummeler and that draw2/energize2/take4dmg common that I forgot the name of... Die Young?

Live Fast

Or you can use Gonti's Machinations
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    Options
    This is a bit late, but since the event may return - I used Live Fast, Die Young, Multiform Wonder, and Aether Hub.

That was enough to get me the 5 energy consistently and didn't hurt the overall effectiveness of my deck (silver tier).
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    If u play Sorin...Decoction Module.
    Then cast Devils Playground or Under the Floorboards. Each creature energizes 1
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    Options
    If u play Sorin...Decoction Module.
    Then cast Devils Playground or Under the Floorboards. Each creature energizes 1

devils playground is red so can't fit into a sorin deck?
    maybe you're thinking of sarkhan?
    any multiple token generator works well with decoction
    module. preferably you might have at least one card
    with overload.

HH
  • madwren
    madwren Posts: 2,227 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Ruinous Path also works well with Decoction Module.
  • wereotter
    Options
    Seeing a lot of these posts, makes sense why I'm having so much trouble. I don't have a lot of these cards you've all been mentioning. I have a large collection, but I am missing a LOT of key rares. I did manage to get the 5 energy by running Sarkhan for the event and just using red energize cards like Maulfist Doorbuster, Aethertouch Renegade, and Electrostatic Pummeler, then, of course, with my final progression reward, my pack contained Glint-Sleeve Siphoner, possibly the best energy generator for black.... disappointing I didn't have this going in, but at least I have it now for when the event returns.
  • Monkeynutts
    Options
    HH

i meant Sarkhan
  • bk1234
    bk1234 Posts: 2,924 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Aetherworks Marvel in crearureless Ob.
  • wereotter
    Options
    bken1234 wrote:

I didn't get Aetherworks Marvel because I didn't place top 25 across all tiers. That's why I asked not to include event reward cards. I also don't have Dynavolt Tower for the same reason.
  • Steeme
    Steeme Posts: 784 Critical Contributor
    Options
    wereotter wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:

I didn't get Aetherworks Marvel because I didn't place top 25 across all tiers. That's why I asked not to include event reward cards. I also don't have Dynavolt Tower for the same reason.

Decoction module is your best bet, as it is an uncommon card. On black node you can run any type of zombie recursion to get the job done. I just take my L2 deck and swap out Graf Harvest for Decoction module. Rely on Prized Amalgam and Diregraf to block ground pounders, and kill spells to take care of flyers. It is literally the only node where I bother attempting to get all ribbons.
  • wereotter
    Options
    Steeme wrote:
    wereotter wrote:
    bken1234 wrote:

Decoction module is your best bet, as it is an uncommon card. On black node you can run any type of zombie recursion to get the job done. I just take my L2 deck and swap out Graf Harvest for Decoction module. Rely on Prized Amalgam and Diregraf to block ground pounders, and kill spells to take care of flyers. It is literally the only node where I bother attempting to get all ribbons.

Thanks icon_e_smile.gif

Since my original posting, I managed to get to pull cards that have made energize pretty easy. Running Glint-Sleve Siphoner in my Ob Nixilis deck since it adds energy and has good synergy with his normal strategy (remove energy and draw a card) along with Gonti's Machinations. Those two have been enough to get that energize 5 ribbon.