*** Red Skull ***

therightwaye
therightwaye Posts: 459 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in Speculation and Concepts
To pair with the 5 star.png version of Red Skull. https://d3go.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=61350

220px-Skullcosmic.png

redflag.png Tactical Strike 8 redtile.png

Red Skull strikes first, dealing heavy damage and leaving lasting damage. Do 600 damage, place 50 strike tile for each villain on the team.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Deals 666 damage and place 50 strike tiles
Level 3: Deals 666 damage and place 55 strike tiles
Level 4: Deals 720 damage and place 55 strike tiles
Level 5: Deals 799 damage and place 68 strike tiles

At Max Level:
Level 3: Deals 3200 damage and place 89 strike tiles
Level 4: Deals 3989 damage and place 101 strike tiles
Level 5: Deals 4817 damage and place 139 strike tiles

blackflag.png Bomb 9 blacktile.png

Red Skull has planted a bomb with the enemy team. Place a 3 turn CD, once CD expires, denote all team-up tiles and do 98 damage per tile destroyed to enemy team. If CD is matched away it is diffused.

Level Upgrades:
Level 2: Deals 110 damage per team-up
Level 3: Deals 135 damage per team-up. place a 2 turn CD
Level 4: Deals 147 damage per team-up
Level 5: Deals 177 damage per team-up

At Max Level:
Level 3: Deals 299 damage per team-up. place a 2 turn CD
Level 4: Deals 385 damage per team-up
Level 5: Deals 445 damage per team-up

purpleflag.png Strategic Error 9 purpletile.png

Red Skull forces a tactical error on the part of the enemy team. He drains them all of one resource while giving very little in return. Choose a basic color. Steal 2 AP of that color. Give enemy 2 team-up AP.

level 2: Steal up to 3 AP of that color. and give enemy 2 team-up AP.
level 3: Steal up to 4 AP of that color. and give enemy 3 team-up AP.
level 4: Steal up to 5 AP of that color. and give enemy 3 team-up AP.
level 5: Steal up to 6 AP of that color. and give enemy 4 team-up AP.

Comments

• therightwaye
    Tactical error is supposed to play off the fact that team-up tiles suck. ;0)
  • ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    redflag.png Disable Target 8 redtile.png

Red Skull strikes first, dealing heavy damage and disabling his enemies. Do 1350 damage, place 66 strike tile for each villain on either team and place a trap. While this trap exists no team can fire red powers.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 6616 damage and place 325 strike tiles
    Level 4: Deals 7100 damage and place 399 strike tiles
    Level 5: Deals 7999 damage and place 485 strike tiles

blackflag.png Dust of Death 13 blacktile.png

Red Skull is consume with defeating his enemies and with little care for friends or foes drops a vial that releases a devastating death cloud. Red Skull's team reacts with just enough time to avoid some of the attack. Remove all traps on the board, drain both teams of all red AP. Do 1200 damage to everyone besides Red Skull plus 100 for each red AP drained. Red Skull's team suffers 15% less of the overall attack.

At Max Level:
    Level 3: Deals 5200 damage and 155 for each red AP drained. Red Skull's team suffers 25% less of the overall attack.
    Level 4: Deals 5200 damage and 185 for each red AP drained. Red Skull's team suffers 35% less of the overall attack.
    Level 5: Deals 6800 damage and 215 for each red AP drained. Red Skull's team suffers 45% less of the overall attack.

yellowflag.png Mastermind 12 yellowtile.png

Red Skull has been masterminding an evil plot that stretches within every organization, good and evil for years. Secretly building his own empire and slowly destroying the organizations aimed to take him down. Choose a color, remove 50% AP of that color from both teams and gain red ap in that color at a 3:1 ratio (round up)

<passive> each time the enemy matches their strongest color, gain 1 red AP

level 2: remove 75% of AP
    level 3: passive increases to 2 AP
    level 4: remove 100% of AP
    level 5: gain red AP at 2:1 ratio

I think it's better to to stick to one thread per character. You have 3 different red skulls yourself when you could just append those. (Not a big deal; just mention it because then those builds just disappear faster.)

Anyway I think Disable Target is a bad name but otherwise a solid, interesting power at both the 3 and 5 versions.

Your other powers (especially the 5-star ones) are too complex for what they're worth. "remove 75% AP in a color and gain AP in a 3:1 ratio?" Seriously. That's a rules understanding nightmare.

I get where you're going with Mastermind; targeted ap drain could be useful, gaining Red is useful. You could pick a color you have a lot of and turn it into red. But this power would suck so bad on defense most of the time he'd be close to unusable, especially with dust of death sucking almost as much.

I think DoD is more thematic than usable. I guess it could be a weird way to remove enemy traps but at what cost? Sure a giant AoE (assuming both teams have a lot of red, which would happen more often if he was blocking red use) is pretty nice but I think the drawback/setup is a lot harder than, say, Black Bolt Scream which doesn't do 10k+ to allies.

Anyway I think mastermind would be much, much simpler and just effective if it was "both teams lose X AP in a color, you gain Y red."

Bomb: "if the countdown is matched away it is defused". heh, yeah, duh.

Tactical error is ok. Targeted 6 AP steal might be worth 9 purple in some teams.
  • therightwaye
    edited March 2017
    I think Tactical Error could be cheaper. Power costs and damages are balancing I'm looking for help with.

As for separate pages, I find it easier to navigate. I guess that is dependent on person. Not that pages is a limited resource. easy to create and nothing to really maintain.

As for the Death Cloud. He only basically removes his own trap. It gets rid of his own red trap essentially. While the wording suggests it would also get rid of any other friendly trap, it's mainly for the on trap.
  • therightwaye
    edited March 2017
    ErikPeter wrote:

I think DoD is more thematic than usable. I guess it could be a weird way to remove enemy traps but at what cost? Sure a giant AoE (assuming both teams have a lot of red, which would happen more often if he was blocking red use) is pretty nice but I think the drawback/setup is a lot harder than, say, Black Bolt Scream which doesn't do 10k+ to allies.

I play Black Bolt all the time, Getting 5 AP per color and losing all the AP is very costly and not so easy to get. The damage might be too high, but it's also not likely you'll get 60 AP of RED from this power. And even with the mitigation of damage to your own team, you can't expect that a player will fire this power too often. That being said, I also contemplated change to include Red Skull in the damage.
  • therightwaye
    Your other powers (especially the 5-star ones) are too complex for what they're worth. "remove 75% AP in a color and gain AP in a 3:1 ratio?" Seriously. That's a rules understanding nightmare.

I'm guessing it can be worded better. Or simply changed with minimal difference to the power.
    ie, remove 10 AP of choosen color, gain 3 red.
    Make the power cheaper and you have a similar enough result.

To me it seems reasonably worded and easily enough to understand. No more complicated than Hulk's green or Ares' powers. IMO.