Known Issues: Medusa, Countdown Tiles, etc Updated (3/15/17)

Brigby
Brigby ADMINISTRATORS Posts: 7,757 Site Admin
edited March 2017 in MPQ General Discussion
Hey Everyone,

I just wanted to let everyone know about a few known issues that have been discovered in R122:

(Fixed in R123) The game crashes when the Countdown tile from Medusa (Inhuman Queen)'s power Entanglement deals damage to the enemy when there is a Countdown tile created by an enemy's Medusa.

(Fixed in R123) The animation and damage dealt are played out of order on the following powers:
    Soldier- Assault Rifle Demolitionist - Detonator Bomb Tech - Iso8 Explosive Lieutenant - Morale Boost Sniper - Deadly Shot Juggernaut -
Unstoppable Crash and Headbutt• Countdown tiles deal a damage to the opponent when they activate.

Update: (Fixed in R123) The Bonus Hero comic displays twice instead of both the original comic cover and the Bonus Hero

Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Comments

• Pope Belligerent
    Pope Belligerent Posts: 94 Match Maker
    Is...is this the part where we're supposed to demand compensation?
  • mwc
    mwc Posts: 15 Just Dropped In
    Color me not surprised. Where's the QA, QC, quality 'whatever they want to call it' at? The second issue is minor, but the first, I guess people can put up Medusa in PvP and use her as their shield.
  • DapperChewie
    DapperChewie Posts: 399 Mover and Shaker
    I'm glad these issues are being dealt with, but what about the slew of other issues that came with the last patch? Like Medusa not stealing special tiles with her shuffle, countdowns doing damage when they expire, and the bonus token shenanigans?

At the very least, can we get an acknowledgement that these are known issues that are being worked on?
  • JHawkInc
    JHawkInc Posts: 2,601 Chairperson of the Boards
    Is...is this the part where we're supposed to demand compensation?

Hope Medusa isn't like 5* Hulk in that regard. People avoided using Hulk because of his bug, then they gave out compensation to people who used Hulk and encountered the bug. Had Hulk, but avoided using him to avoid the bug? No compensation, even though you were basically prohibited from using that character until it was fixed.

I don't want to be a cynic, but there's no guarantee that if we got compensation that they would do it fairly.
  • fmftint
    fmftint Posts: 3,653 Chairperson of the Boards
    Good thing Medusa isn't booted this week or there might be a high chance of Medusa vs Medusa matches...
  • zodiac339
    zodiac339 Posts: 1,948 Chairperson of the Boards
    fmftint wrote:
    Good thing Medusa isn't booted this week or there might be a high chance of Medusa vs Medusa matches...
    Something about that. Let me think...
    Hmm...
    Hmmmmmmmm...
    Ahah! You were basing sacastic!
  • SummerGlau
    SummerGlau Posts: 1,027 Chairperson of the Boards
    hawkguy's animation plays after his countdown tile appears
    same thing with his black power and its effects
  • Nepenthe
    Nepenthe Posts: 283 Mover and Shaker
    Another update, another crop of bugs. Tell us again how these updates are beta tested before they go live? *sigh*
  • Oldboy
    Oldboy Posts: 452 Mover and Shaker
    Here's another bug. I opened 3 elite tokens and the animation showed i received 2 2* and 1 Strange followed by a Bonus Strange cover. But when j went to my roster it showed Falcon and Strange and the 2 2*s.
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    Thank the stars I checked this thread before doing my last minute Sticks And Stones final climb with Medusa / Wasp. It warned me to avoid teams with their own Medusa.

Wait a minute, I didn't. Luckily I was already avoiding another Medusa because of the gosh-darn long matches and shucks tedious repeated animations.

I'd have been a tad irritated though if my last match to take me over 900 crashed the game.
  • vinsensual
    vinsensual Posts: 458 Mover and Shaker
    Does this "fixed in r123" mean we have to endure these bugs, one of which actually prevents us from playing the game, for the next 2 weeks?

Are we supposed to ignore that the Bag of Tricks token bug was fixed in a matter of hours?
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Today's patch was brought to you by the letters "Q" and "A".
  • Moon Roach
    Moon Roach Posts: 2,863 Chairperson of the Boards
    vinsensual wrote:
    Does this "fixed in r123" mean we have to endure these bugs, one of which actually prevents us from playing the game, for the next 2 weeks?

Are we supposed to ignore that the Bag of Tricks token bug was fixed in a matter of hours?

The way I read it is that the bugs "fixed in r123" were trivial to solve and the fix is already in place ready for the next build. Otherwise the text would say something like "".

Of course, if that's true it also means that they would have been trivial to solve if picked up in testing prior to release.

Just out of interest, what change to the game mechanic affects the animations for Juggernaut, but no other playable character?
  • jredd
    jredd Posts: 1,387 Chairperson of the Boards
    Oldboy wrote:
    Here's another bug. I opened 3 elite tokens and the animation showed i received 2 2* and 1 Strange followed by a Bonus Strange cover. But when j went to my roster it showed Falcon and Strange and the 2 2*s.

same thing happened to a friend. pulled a 3* strange, got a bonus strange and ended up with a strange and a squirrel girl.
  • Quibbles
    Quibbles Posts: 44 Just Dropped In
    Is the absence of a "fixed in r123" on the last item a sign that we'll get to keep having fun with StarLord and Coulson for another week or two?
  • Urcookin
    Urcookin Posts: 16 Just Dropped In
    jredd wrote:
    Oldboy wrote:

same thing happened to a friend. pulled a 3* strange, got a bonus strange and ended up with a strange and a squirrel girl.

That's what happened to me. Thought I pulled two Black Panther's ended up with Spider-Man and Black Panther.
  • MarkersMake
    MarkersMake Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    vinsensual wrote:

There are certain restrictions that the devs have to work under.

One is that, due to the agreement with Apple, they can only push game updates every 2 weeks at most. Sure they could push out android and steam updates in the meantime, but that's not fair to ios users.

The second issue is the nature of software. It's essentially divided into two parts - data and logic. Logic is the actual logic of how things work; data is the actual numbers used. If the logic says "pick a random number between x and y" and the data says "x = 1 and y = 10", you can just change the data to pick a number between 1 and 40 instead (or change the odds on a token).

The Bag of Tricks fix was strictly a data issue. They can push data changes out themselves any time they want (loading... 100% at game startup is a data push). The only way to update the logic part is to put out a new version (r123) of the game. These fixes are logic fixes, not data, so they absolutely cannot fix them until the next game patch window in 2 weeks.

TL;DR - it's not selective bug fixing just for gits and shiggles. It's due to the different nature of the bugs.
  • fanghoul
    fanghoul Posts: 311 Mover and Shaker
    vinsensual wrote:

Which one prevents you from playing the game? Is it the one that causes one character to sometimes crash?
  • ursopro
    ursopro Posts: 332 Mover and Shaker
    In the meantime, can you have some QA for the Steam version of the game?

I know we are the ugly stepchild but ****, since the last update it just crashes like crazy for whatever reason. At least add an option to send feedback via a crash log file or something.

EDIT: I just realized the game stores the crash dump in the binaries folder, I have a total of 53 and 8 of those are just from yesterday and I don't even have a Medusa.
  • Evilgenius_9
    Evilgenius_9 Posts: 132 Tile Toppler
    electra's black damage isn't being dealt until the end of the opponents turn. That's not correct, right?