*** Iron Fist (Immortal Weapon) ***

1232425262729»

Comments

• Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Quebbster wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    Tomorrow in DDQ I'll get my 13th Iron Fist cover, hurrah. I also have 2 extra ones. I have all ISO-8 saved up to get this ninja going. I'm quite eager to do so.
    How much will he enhance my gameplay experience?
    He's badass, no doubt about it. Do you have someone who can use the black AP he is pumping out?

Yeah, I actually have some 20+ or even 25+ 3* champs, among them Cyclops and Luke Cage (who are both strong black users). I also have Black Panther and Psylocke so yeah, I'll can put him in good company.
    Having Iron Fist as one of the final 10 3*'s to champ, I'm a bit worried I won't feel his effect like I would if he was among my first. Anyway, looking forward to champing him tomorrow.

It's true that any character as a 30th champ will feel like a smaller deal than your first champ. That's natural. But take heart! IF is the best black battery in the game, and he plays well with a bunch of 4 and 5*s, so he will see a lot of use for you moving forward.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Yeah, he'll be a cool addition to my champ-collection.
    Isn't his black best used for himself? To pump his punches up?

Or wait, nevermind, I can do both;
    pump black up, throw heavy kicks 'n punches with Iron Fist and then deplete the black pool with Luke Cage / Cyclops.
    I, for some reason, thought for a while that Iron Fist depletes the black pool himself when he throws a good pumped purple punch but he doesn't of course.
    Bingo. There's a reason Iron Fist and Luke Cage are a very popular pairing on the threestar level, they work very well together. Black Panther is also a good pairing since he can make strike tiles to make Iron Fist's attack tiles even nastier. And Cyclops obviously works even better if he has a black battery too.
  • Vhailorx
    Vhailorx Posts: 6,085 Chairperson of the Boards
    Quebbster wrote:
    mexus wrote:
    Yeah, he'll be a cool addition to my champ-collection.
    Isn't his black best used for himself? To pump his punches up?

Or wait, nevermind, I can do both;
    pump black up, throw heavy kicks 'n punches with Iron Fist and then deplete the black pool with Luke Cage / Cyclops.
    I, for some reason, thought for a while that Iron Fist depletes the black pool himself when he throws a good pumped purple punch but he doesn't of course.
    Bingo. There's a reason Iron Fist and Luke Cage are a very popular pairing on the threestar level, they work very well together. Black Panther is also a good pairing since he can make strike tiles to make Iron Fist's attack tiles even nastier. And Cyclops obviously works even better if he has a black battery too.

Yup! IF is the best black battery in the game. So any character with a strong black is a potentially strong partner. 3* cyc, 3* cage, kate, xfw, etc.

And anyone witu a good black who also makes strong strikes that can double dip on IF's attack tile is an even better partner: imhb, carol, oml, nova (sort of), punmax.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Iron fist was near the last three stars I champed and he was still incredible. He's very fun and easily the second best three star after im40.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus wrote:
    Been using him all weekend! Great fun paired with Luke Cage and 3* Magneto. This will be main main-team for the next SHIELD Simulator.

I've used that team to finish up The Big Enchilada every day for over a year. It's a keeper, for sure.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    3* Falcon also works really well with Iron Fist and Luke Cage, as his yellow buffs the damage from IF's tile (especially if you can keep it safe) and his strike tiles too once you use IF's green
  • ClydeFrog76
    ClydeFrog76 Posts: 1,350 Chairperson of the Boards
    Awww mannnn, the Netflix show is getting panned by critics icon_e_sad.gif
  • dr tinykittylove
    dr tinykittylove Posts: 1,459 Chairperson of the Boards
    Near-max champed IF buffed in his featured pvp punches for close to 12k dmg on purple. Wow. I'm more used to 3*s being kind of the third wheel in most pvps.
  • sambrookjm
    sambrookjm Posts: 2,105 Chairperson of the Boards
    Anyone else notice that his green ability is either bugged or was toned down a bit? With 12+ black, it's now creating only three strike tiles instead of four. The description still says "two extra" so I think it's a bug. It still seems to be OK with less than 12 black, though.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Anyone else notice that his green ability is either bugged or was toned down a bit? With 12+ black, it's now creating only three strike tiles instead of four. The description still says "two extra" so I think it's a bug. It still seems to be OK with less than 12 black, though.

That can happen if there aren't enough Red tiles on the board. Other than that, when you have 12+ Black AP you should get 2+2 tiles.
  • Deanna8
    Deanna8 Posts: 1
    Jaedenkaal wrote:
    sambrookjm wrote:

That can happen if there aren't enough Red tiles on the board. Other than that, when you have 12+ Black AP you should get 2+2 tiles.

Hi, I noticed this the other day as well and sent a ticket. I figured out later it was only throwing 3 tiles in the Thick as Thieves event that just ended, but was working fine in PVP. I have screenshots showing my AP count of 19 black and plenty of other red basic tiles on the board but only 3 were created. I tested it a few times. Less then 12 black, it was throwing 2 correctly in both PVP and PVE.
  • renfox
    renfox Posts: 31 Just Dropped In
    Is it safe to max out Iron Fist early? I'm wondering who he needs to be behind in levels for Tanking color purposes.
  • Dormammu
    Dormammu Posts: 3,531 Chairperson of the Boards
    renfox said:
    Is it safe to max out Iron Fist early? I'm wondering who he needs to be behind in levels for Tanking color purposes.
    Not sure what you're asking, here. Are you looking to champ IF? I've never worried about tanking for him - he's a little squishy but I've never felt like he needs to hide behind anyone.
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    Dormammu said:
    renfox said:
    Not sure what you're asking, here. Are you looking to champ IF? I've never worried about tanking for him - he's a little squishy but I've never felt like he needs to hide behind anyone.
    Indeed. If you're still in 3* land, He'll likely destroy the other team before his health drops too low.
  • Punisher5784
    Punisher5784 Posts: 3,836 Chairperson of the Boards
    renfox said:

I used to use 3* Daken to tank purple/black for Iron Fist

• ThaRoadWarrior
    ThaRoadWarrior Posts: 9,125 Chairperson of the Boards
    Did Fist get a secret Danver5 nerf? This thread says he makes 9 black, and mine makes 7. One of my alliance mates asked and I wasn’t sure