Four Star Iron Fist

Options
slantedandenchanted
slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
6a00e008daba3b883401bb091e9b1f970d-400wi
Danny Rand, Hero for Hire
star.pngstar.pngstar.pngstar.png

yellowflag.pngHealing Chi (Passive): Iron Fist heals his allies with the power of his chi! Whenever the enemy deals damage that is at least 10% of an ally's health turn a basic yellow tile into a 3-turn Yellow countdown tile that heals team for 1000 health
2 Covers: Heals for 1400
3 Covers: Heals for 1900 and reduced countdown to 2-turns.
4 Covers: Heals for 2200
5 Covers: Heals for 3000

blackflag.pngIron Fist 10 AP: Using the latent chi within his body, Danny Rand summons the fist of the dragon! Destroys a block of 2x2 tiles at the center of the board before Dealing 2000 damage, if you have at least 12 AP in another color(Team-Up included) consume AP and deal an extra 1500 damage for each AP pool consumed.
2 Covers: Deals 2450 damage
3 Covers: Deals 2700 damage
4 Covers: Deals 3000 damage
5 Covers: Deals 3500 damage

greenflag.pngSpirit of The Dragon (Passive): The dragon of K'un-Lun rests within Danny Rand and it's rage builds as the battle folds! Whenever the enemy makes a match of 5 or greater, Destroy an enemy special tile or a random basic tile if there are no special tiles stealing 4 AP from the color of said tile and creates a strength 85 red strike or attack tile. If Luke Cage is an active ally then fortifies and improves a random allied special tile by 71.
2 Covers: Creates a strength 102 strike tile, and improves special tile by 90
3 Covers: Destroys up to two enemy special tiles and Creates a strength 135 strike tile
4 Covers: Destroys up to three enemy special tiles and Creates two strike tiles.
5 Covers: Creates strength 110 strike tiles

So what do you guys think? ºωº
Failed to load the poll.

Comments

• ErikPeter
    ErikPeter Posts: 719 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Not a fan of any of these powers.

Healing Chi would be annoying to play around, I'll give it that. Basically this power is "if your enemy makes strike tiles, your team will become almost unkillable". Against foes with 10k hitpoints, any 1k hit will potentially heal 3k. Anyway if you intend it to only trigger when allies take damage, but not Iron Fist, then you really need to focus on him first which is interesting, still pretty broken in PvE but could maybe fit into the OP-is-OK meta. I'd like to see something like this for Hulk since none of the Hulks in the game are particularly hard to kill, which is Hulk's thing.

But "spend all large AP pools for extra damage" of Iron Fist needs to be insanely damaging (like 1000dmg/ap) to make up for being woefully inefficient, which means in almost every case it would be terrible, terrible overkill, so it's kind of a "better use this power before you get any more AP".

Finally Spirit of the Dragon just isn't thought out very well. It won't come into play in most fights and the benefit it gains is negligible and unreliable. Steal 6 AP if the enemy team has specials out and make a couple of strikes? The reason Jean Grey is a decent PvP deterrent is she shuts down 5-match AP generation strategies, draining the strongest color and stopping subsequent AP generation for a couple turns. These would have to be strength 1000 or something to be enough of a threat to even consider.
  • slantedandenchanted
    slantedandenchanted Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    Options
    ErikPeter wrote:
    Not a fan of any of these powers.

Healing Chi would be annoying to play around, I'll give it that. Basically this power is "if your enemy makes strike tiles, your team will become almost unkillable". Against foes with 10k hitpoints, any 1k hit will potentially heal 3k. Anyway if you intend it to only trigger when allies take damage, but not Iron Fist, then you really need to focus on him first which is interesting, still pretty broken in PvE but could maybe fit into the OP-is-OK meta. I'd like to see something like this for Hulk since none of the Hulks in the game are particularly hard to kill, which is Hulk's thing.

But "spend all large AP pools for extra damage" of Iron Fist needs to be insanely damaging (like 1000dmg/ap) to make up for being woefully inefficient, which means in almost every case it would be terrible, terrible overkill, so it's kind of a "better use this power before you get any more AP".

Finally Spirit of the Dragon just isn't thought out very well. It won't come into play in most fights and the benefit it gains is negligible and unreliable. Steal 6 AP if the enemy team has specials out and make a couple of strikes? The reason Jean Grey is a decent PvP deterrent is she shuts down 5-match AP generation strategies, draining the strongest color and stopping subsequent AP generation for a couple turns. These would have to be strength 1000 or something to be enough of a threat to even consider.

I fixed it with what I understood from your criticisms but I don't understand what you're saying for his black power considering the fact that I did make his damage 1000 with extra bonuses that only improve after each consequential level. I based him off of Luke Cage Power Man's stats in order to create a good synergy between the two. I guess I could see where you're coming from for his green power which is why I adjusted it so that it's a bit more than just that. Instead of doing what Teen Jean did by stunning the enemy team, the idea I had for this version of Iron Fist is that he's "countering" their attack with his own vicious attack.
  • Aerospade777
    Aerospade777 Posts: 36 Just Dropped In
    Options
    They are generally realistic powers for Iron Fist. If they did add him, it should either be the Black and Gold or the White and Gold