Revolt against the Consulate

Comments

• Here is the deck I used for Tezz the schemer. I got one of the bonuses but decided not to go for vehicles

Koth

Creatures
    Kari zev, skyship raider
    Jori en, ruin diver
    Distended mindbender

Supports
    Gonti's aether heart
    Panharmonicon

Spells
    Harnessed lightning
    Scour from existence
    Release the gremlins
    Brutal expulsion
    Unlicensed disintegration

I put aether heart in this decks because I saw it recommended in other posts. I played the support twice, but I think I only ever got one extra swap from it. It could easily be replaced with a cheap vehicle if you want to try for that achievement.

Use brutal expulsion on that ridiculous token fabricator that he summons.

Save other removals for flying creatures and that guy who grants hex proof to others (if you can't just trample him)

Try to summon Kari zev first, so you can use hero power 2 to have her first strike and trample enemy creatures on the ground.

Try to save release the gremlins for when he has more than one support on the board. Use hero power to eliminate some token supports before casting it.
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Just fix the bloody event so it isn't bugged to hell. Christ call yourselves developers...

1.1 bugges canr play whole node.
    3.1 is still stupid.
    3.3 is buggy as hell with the fabricate bug and gontis heart in that deck..... come on.
  • julianus
    julianus Posts: 188 Tile Toppler
    I just beat Tezzeret for the first time a bit earlier today. My deck used Baral and, while very useful, it was only one part of the approach and not the key element.

I needed two attempts and a bit of luck, and Tezzeret's health was already down to 200 before I got Baral on the board. The main contributor to damage was using Dovin's third loyalty ability to massively buff the Missionaries and Elementals on the board, using the energy Tezz constantly puts out. I used Turn to Frog to make sure the construct was in the first creature spot and then cast a spell on the Missionaries to permanently disable it. At that point, the fight was mostly won, landing Baral just helped to ensure victory.

Dovin Baan Deck

Creatures
    Avacynian Missionaries
    Baral, Chief of Compliance

Supports
    Aetherflux Reservoir

Spells
    Turn to Frog
    Smite the Monstrous
    Ghostly Wings
    Scatter to the Winds
    Ethereal Guidance
    Coastal Discovery
    Rush of Ice
  • hawkyh1
    hawkyh1 Posts: 780 Critical Contributor
    I'm thinking for those that have the cards, frog and
    moon creatures 2 and 3 and then disable creature 1
    every turn may work(maybe add some healing)
    (an extension of the above post deck idea, maybe a
    little more consistent)

HH
  • Monkeynutts
    Monkeynutts Posts: 566 Critical Contributor
    Well the event had a timer....not down to health.

The event just ended without warning....
  • TheZorch
    TheZorch Posts: 19 Just Dropped In
    I have had over 50% success against Tess w this construction. Every card works and plays a big role.

Dovin Baan

Creatures
    Gisela ( for lifelink)
    Startled awake ( mana and to clear a spot for theft)

Spells
    Welcome to fold ( to steal Baral and / or the guy that gives hexproof )
    Smite the monstrous
    Humble the brute
    Talent of the telepath
    Fragmentize
    Disperse ( cheap kill spell for tokens)
    Confiscation coup ( to steal everything else AND to clear out the energy before Go Ti's takes over)

Supports
    tamiyos journal ( or days end)

Synergies

Steal Baral!
    Replace a stolen threat with startled awake if you need to. This will let you use yet another theft spell as removal. It's a long fight, don't worry too much about you damage output in thenmidgame. Get one Gisela out for lifelink
    Use confiscation coup to clear board of energy and take a threat
    Get Dovin's third power working to make Gisela too big to kill
    Control the board and slow down the supports with other spells

I have won with both days end and tamiyo's, salt to taste

Welcome to fold eqsklybreplaced with Exert influence if you have it, but you need a means, like Coup, to clear the board of energy.

Endgame is a stable board with third ability up and a huge Gisela
  • Szamsziel
    Szamsziel Posts: 463 Mover and Shaker
    Deck I'm using which can handle Tezzereth successfully (with exception 100+ mana gain in first turn)

Saheeli as pw:
    Creatures :
    Olivia (lifelink and bonus for vehicles)
    Startled Awake - faster deploy
    Rashmi - ensure that you don't run of cards, reduce disadvantages of discard. Can be replaced with harness the storm.
    Bomat bazaar barge (I'd like to have boomship in this slot)
    Supports:
    Insidious will - Cheap and can save you
    Spells :
    Imprisoned in the moon
    Turn to frog - one of two is needed - kill his token on full board to not worry about his loyalty anymore.
    Demolish - to handle his supports, just spam it - no problem if it hits servo
    Talent of the telepath - with Rashmi is 2 cards in price of one, can search for needed card
    Harnesed lightning to get rid of energy on board

Strategy:
    Allow Tez to cast three creatures - the best ones are baral (he has no spells) and aethertide whale. + his token
    Moon /frog token. If you have both spells frog/moon whale
    When done do not kill any creatures on his side! If you need to get rid of energy harness one of yours creatures.
    Olivia + Saheeli 3Rd ability will outheal any damage he can cause with his creatures.
    Just cast demolish and done.
  • Phoenix210
    Phoenix210 Posts: 4 Just Dropped In
    I have no idea how I managed to do it but the first battle ever I won against him was with a lvl 52 Gideon (1).
    My Lone Rider was so pumped up, nothing had a chance. Until I got it to something like 15/15 I killed and bounced all his creatures.
    Sooooo....his weakness is first strike + berserk + lifesteal? icon_rolleyes.gif

http://www.mediafire.com/view/q81x7csw2p94poi/Screenshot_2017-03-14-11-28-52.png
  • hawkyh1
    Phoenix210 wrote:
    I have no idea how I managed to do it but the first battle ever I won against him was with a lvl 52 Gideon (1).
    My Lone Rider was so pumped up, nothing had a chance. Until I got it to something like 15/15 I killed and bounced all his creatures.

http://www.mediafire.com/view/q81x7csw2p94poi/Screenshot_2017-03-14-11-28-52.png

how did you manage to bounce his creatures
    with gideon1?

HH
  • julianus
    hawkyh1 wrote:
    Phoenix210 wrote:

how did you manage to bounce his creatures
    with gideon1?

HH

Lashweed Lurker
    Reflector Mage
    Roil Spout

Maybe?
  • julianus
    Rewards in Gold Tier

40 - 750 manarune.png
    80 - 10 manacrystal.png
    140 - 10 mana jewels
    200 - Kaladesh booster pack
    275 - 15 manacrystal.png
    350 - 15 mana jewels
    450 - Kaladesh booster pack, yahenni's expertise
  • hawkyh1
    my nahiri variation against tez, 3/4 wins so far

creature

lone rider
    serene steward
    war oracle
    aethersphere harvester/(any life link creature)

spell

giant spectacle(to give berserker to lone rider)
    humble the brute
    harnessed lightning

support

deadlock trap(you can't miss triggering this)
    corrupted grafstone/battlefield forge
    sword of the animist/demolish

strategy is to use nahiri's 1st ability to buff everyone.
    let lone rider deal with the construct and break some
    energised gems as they come out. never managed to
    get the vehicle objective but I suppose it's possible
    given a large amount of luck.

HH
  • Qbaldy
    Qbaldy Posts: 2
    Anyone else feel like the game cheats sometimes? I mean I just played the dreadnaught and on it's 1st turn it cleared over half the board and managed to put out (3) 10/10 creatures! Kma
  • hawkyh1
    Qbaldy wrote:
    Anyone else feel like the game cheats sometimes? I mean I just played the dreadnaught and on it's 1st turn it cleared over half the board and managed to put out (3) 10/10 creatures! Kma

that's just the game needing to reset your winning
    streak due to counter overflow errors.

HH
  • rafalele
    rafalele Posts: 876 Critical Contributor
    This time is there no card as reward arriving 450 in gold tier? icon_e_surprised.gif
  • naphomci
    naphomci Posts: 127 Tile Toppler
    rafalele wrote:
    This time is there no card as reward arriving 450 in gold tier? icon_e_surprised.gif
    None of the tiers have it.
  • Superpositioned
    Superpositioned Posts: 3 Just Dropped In
    So nobody is complaining about the clearly hacked leaderboard huh?
  • Superpositioned
    My first post didn't take. What's up with the hacked leaderboard? 14000+ points is clearly impossible, plus the names are a bit of a giveaway. It's been a long time since i have not been able to crack the top1000...
  • julianus
    My first post didn't take. What's up with the hacked leaderboard? 14000+ points is clearly impossible, plus the names are a bit of a giveaway. It's been a long time since i have not been able to crack the top1000...
    You were probably looking at the Coalition part of the leaderboard, not the individual scores.
  • Superpositioned
    julianus said:
    You were probably looking at the Coalition part of the leaderboard, not the individual scores.
    I cleared the reward tree plus a couple hundred points and I still didn't crack the top 1000. Also, all the top ten was some variation of d3 names like d3nied or d3flowered. Nah man, i know where the coalition scores are at.