*** Hawkeye (Hawkguy) ***

Options

Comments

• Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    Options
    notamutant wrote:
    He is really good against ultron sentries. Even at 2 covers I was able to use his blue move 4 times in one match.
    Second this.
    Plus, while Hawkguy's purple is good, try using Squirrel Girl's purple vs. the sentries.
    Don't laugh yet, her purple crushes them when there are lots of their specials flooding the board (btw, her green does good damage and it earns AP with each tick-down). All the while, the passive side of Hawkguy's black "No Good News" earns purple and blue every time an enemy special is matched - which is nearly unavoidable versus sentries. Very glad to see this power has true healing as well.
    Bring any yellow/red user and you round out the rainbow for active powers.

By the way, I got through Hawkguy's whole quiver. Don't worry, he begins to lunge with his bow for simple damage after all arrows are used.
  • Quebbster
    Quebbster Posts: 8,070 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Does anyone know what fourstar covers Hawkguy gives as champion rewards?
    I assume it is Kate Bishop, but I am curious about the color order.
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

icon_katebishop.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png
  • Quebbster
    Options
    Quebbster wrote:

icon_katebishop.pngblueflag.pngblackflag.pngpurpleflag.png
    Thanks. Was hoping black would be first but oh well. My 5/2/5 Kate will endure.
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    His max level purple stats still show the 5* version. Boomerangs doesn't generate ap
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Yes, true heal
  • swordfishdata
    swordfishdata Posts: 48 Just Dropped In
    Options
    So I'm thinking of running w/ Starlord and IM40. Let one set of IM40'd CDs go off to generate AP, wait for him to un-stun. Wait for opponent to fire a power or two, lay down three more IM40 CDs, empty Hawkguy's quiver for 3 AP each, then lay a beatdown with Starlord's Red. Whatever you don't destroy, the arrows will take care of in two turns.

Bonus for triggering Because...Boomerangs first.
  • bigsmooth
    bigsmooth Posts: 375 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    So I'm thinking of running w/ Starlord and IM40. Let one set of IM40'd CDs go off to generate AP, wait for him to un-stun. Wait for opponent to fire a power or two, lay down three more IM40 CDs, empty Hawkguy's quiver for 3 AP each, then lay a beatdown with Starlord's Red. Whatever you don't destroy, the arrows will take care of in two turns.

Bonus for triggering Because...Boomerangs first.
    The main problem I seem to have any time I try to use SL and IM40 together is that they both place their CDs on yellow tiles. If the board is light on yellow, this can either delay casting Recharge or prevent Everyone With Me from putting a tile out. It doesn't happen all the time, but it can be annoying when it does.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    Definitely want to give the devs credit on the effort they put into Hawkguy's blue Full Quiver. Clever and certainly fun to play.
    Can't wait to get more covers so I can level him up, currently at 2/2/2.

Name another character that has direct damage, strike and attack tiles, AP acceleration, charged tile creation, true heal, AoE, CD tile creation, and stun?

Not that you'll get through all of these each time you play him...
  • Straycat
    Straycat Posts: 963 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Same issue with antman and starlord, after the ants place yellow strike tiles it can stop starlords passive for a bit. I like hawk guy with starlord tho. Firing off arrows for 3 ap is a ton of fun. Also good with coulson or carol to speed up the arrows and make sure they go off. Using his loaner so far and I think he's a pretty great character. He generates ap when matching countdowns, so he's good for pve. I only got to his 4th arrow so far, but by then the board is full of charged tiles and strikes. Probably go 5/5/3

Wonder when we get another champ reward shake up to get 3* blade, Danvers, and presumably iron fist to give their 4* version and for 2* Hawkeye to give hawkguy covers.
  • hopper1979
    hopper1979 Posts: 564 Critical Contributor
    Options
    Carnage, Medusa and Hawkeye this combo must be tried or go the countdown rout Captain Marvel, Agent Colson and Hawkeye. He is a crazy good blue and purple battery against a mob that generates tiles, you throw carnage and Medusa into the mix and start double dipping on every match. He is a great addition to the 3-star pool and true healing to top all that off (I feel that might get nurfed at some point) so enjoy it while you can.
  • Rick_OShay
    Options
    How long until he may be selected as a Bonus character?
  • stochasticism
    stochasticism Posts: 1,181 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Rick OShay wrote:
    How long until he may be selected as a Bonus character?

When he gets added to the tokens next season
  • PuceMoose
    PuceMoose Posts: 1,445 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    What a fun character! I have been having a blast with my 5/3/2 Starlord, 1/2/2 Hawkguy, and 2/5/4 Dr. Strang3 in the current PVE. I haven't yet managed to exhaust every arrow in the quiver before the match is over but that's my current goal.
  • escart85
    escart85 Posts: 54 Match Maker
    Options
    I was wondering about the limited number of arrows and why we cannot choose which one to shoot first (would be awesome at least for the 5* version) and then I remembered that in one issue Clint is going out to get some tape because he needs to organize/label the arrows in his quiver and even though he gets the tape he doesn't have the chance to do that and therefore the arrows are unlabeled and later while Kate is shooting at the bad guys (Clint is driving the car) she's taking the arrows out as they come and finding out what they do (someone correct me If I'm wrong here).

I think that this makes sense as in staying true to the Fraction/Aja Hawkeye.
  • OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    Hawkguy/Star Lord/Coulson will be a very fun team and pretty much self sustaining. If (like me) you don't have a working Coulson then anyone will do really. Star Lord + Hawkguy is tons of fun on its own... or if (like me) you have a goblin then Hawkguy generates purple for goblin and 355 star lord lowers the cost of goblins bombs to 7ap and simulatanously enables 3ap arrows which will be fortified so they will go off. Very fun team
  • naps8906
    naps8906 Posts: 8 Just Dropped In
    Options
    Starlord + IM40 is just amazing together. Goons have no shot. Add with hawkeye, this gets even more amazing.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    naps8906 wrote:
    Starlord + IM40 is just amazing together. Goons have no shot. Add with hawkeye, this gets even more amazing.

Yup. I've had all 7 arrows on the board at the same time. None of them resolved, of course, because Star-Lord just punched everyone down.
  • Quebbster
    Options
    mexus wrote:
    He's a 3 / 5 / 5 right?

3 purple because. Well. Because his blue is cooler? I still don't know how powerful the boomerang nuke is at 5 covers / max level, do you know?
    5 black for the AP generation is higher. The heal I don't care too much about but I guess it could save one health-packs of the healed health remains after the fight's over.
    Why would you want more Purple AP when he doesn't do much damage with the Purple AP? I see a 5/5/3 build as being the best on his own - it's usually better to max the damage skills, and there's no guarantee the passive aspect of his Purple will activate anyway.
    But he could absolutely be used to feed someone else blue and Purple AP too.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    TPF Alexis wrote:
    It seems weird to me to have his full team damage attack as the last one. Feels like that would be better earlier on, when there's more likely still a full team on the other side.

If you can use a bunch of arrows at the same time, Shrapnel Arrow can end up being placed higher on the board than others and will resolve earlier. I totally agree with your point, though, if you can only manage to fire one arrow at a time.

Also, I think it;s funny that Out of Arrows is completely better than Gamora's red, with the caveat that you have to spend 35 Blue AP first to do a bunch of stuff before you can use it.