Shield and PVP question

Options
chaos01
chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
edited March 2017 in MPQ Tips and Guides
So... I am usually a straight PVE player. Only playing PvP when we have two day subs and shield sim to get to 2000. Since we have enemy of the state I was playing PVP trying to get to 900. Making sure I didn't hit anyone on my climb more than once. I made it to 750 and shielded because I couldn't for the life of me finish a match without losing more than gaining.

After shielding I have been hit 21 times and counting. All by the same 7-8 people from the same alliance/alliance family.

My questions are:

how are these people still finding me while I'm shielded? Did they que me 3 times and are now all hitting me?

Obviously I made someone upset. Is this normal behaviour when you "break" some unwritten code? Is there a way to "apologize"?

Should I be looking for a new slice to prevent this from happening in future PvPs?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Comments

• OneLastGambit
    OneLastGambit Posts: 1,963 Chairperson of the Boards
    Options
    chaos01 wrote:
    So... I am usually a straight PVE player. Only playing PvP when we have two day subs and shield sim to get to 2000. Since we have enemy of the state I was playing PVP trying to get to 900. Making sure I didn't hit anyone on my climb more than once. I made it to 750 and shielded because I couldn't for the life of me finish a match without losing more than gaining.

After shielding I have been hit 21 times and counting. All by the same 7-8 people from the same alliance/alliance family.

My questions are:

how are these people still finding me while I'm shielded? Did they que me 3 times and are now all hitting me?

Obviously I made someone upset. Is this normal behaviour when you "break" some unwritten code? Is there a way to "apologize"?

Should I be looking for a new slice to prevent this from happening in future PvPs?

Thanks for the help in advance.

They are using their retals to hit you back - that's how they find you when shielded.

some people do get mad at being double tapped and there is a general accepted etiquette when it comes to hitting people in PVP (mostly don't double tap). Some people don't care (my alliance does not) and will not hold a grudge, some do. Sometimes it's necessary when youre starved of targets.

There's no need to apologise for it, just accept you got attacked a few times and move on. You shouldn't need to change slice. Hope this helps
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    I don't understand....you are complaining about people hitting you while shielded? You should be thanking them, would you have preferred that they hit you when you weren't shielded???
  • Blergh
    Blergh Posts: 159 Tile Toppler
    Options
    At 750 points I doubt that you've annoyed anyone. So don't worry - not on a hit list or anything. I think that people tend to get snarky if you hit them past the 900 point mark.

There are a lot of other factors that can mean a large hit rate - climbing high early, everyone else is shielded so you're appearing in more queues, you just caught in popular climb time, you have a weak team out so they can hit with little lose and good points.... there are a huge variety of reasons why you could be hit a lot of times.

Never worry about it. It may seem like you're being targeted but your not. I just hit randomly, without following any real etiquette and no one seems to have any beef with me. Well.... not that I know of.
  • Blergh
    Options
    I don't understand....you are complaining about people hitting you while shielded? You should be thanking them, would you have preferred that they hit you when you weren't shielded???

I don't think they're complaining - more worried they've upset someone.
  • chaos01
    chaos01 Posts: 316 Mover and Shaker
    Options

Sorry wasn't meant as a complaint. Just wondering what I could have done. I assume the plan was to hit me unshielded, it was just that I was lucky in my timing of shielding.

At the time I was running my champed iceman and lvl 230 IM 40
  • Blergh
    Options
    Yeah, I get hit alot with iceman/ironman combo.

The ironman portion would make you an easier target than a five/boosted four. They are easy to knock out with little damage - even with a mirror team.
  • Copps
    Copps Posts: 333 Mover and Shaker
    Options
    A team with an unboosted 4 and im40 is very easy and quick to run through with boosted fours. You'll get hammered mercilessly but I doubt you angered anyone.
  • Fightmastermpq
    Fightmastermpq Posts: 995 Critical Contributor
    Options
    chaos01 wrote:

Sorry wasn't meant as a complaint. Just wondering what I could have done. I assume the plan was to hit me unshielded, it was just that I was lucky in my timing of shielding.

At the time I was running my champed iceman and lvl 230 IM 40
    Getting tripled by so many people indicates to me that you didn't necessarily upset anyway, but that you got caught out at an odd time where basically you were the only team available to fight. To get tripled while shielded means they had to load your queue 3 times at once which is tough to do if there are a ton of people out at the same time.

It's been a while, have you been getting hit by that same alliance since then?