**** Gwenpool (Gwen Poole) ****

Comments

• Piro_plock
    Piro_plock Posts: 287 Mover and Shaker
    sambrookjm wrote:
    Any particular reason why Gwenpool, who started as an April Fool's character, is still in the Legendary Token rotation, but neither Devil Dinosaur nor Howard the Duck are?

Honestly curious here, since I just got a Gwenpool green from the Crash of the Titans LT today...
    I'm sure she wasn't intended to be a joke character in MPQ. She can be really useful: one of the best board control skills, great team protection, a flexible (albeit random) pseudo-AoE with a very decent damage to AP ratio. Dino is pretty much one of the worst 4* and Howard needs a specific set of circumstances to shine, but they were evidently designed as novelty characters. Gwen doesn't feel that way to me.
  • SlappyDingle
    SlappyDingle Posts: 60 Match Maker
    What's the point in going 5 purple with her? Do you not get all codes until 5 covers?
  • DesertTortoise
    DesertTortoise Posts: 392 Mover and Shaker
    What's the point in going 5 purple with her? Do you not get all codes until 5 covers?

The original post shows all of the different damages for the different codes at different cover numbers. Damage increases significantly with more covers but my understanding is whether you have one or five covers, the actual number of codes you have access too doesn't change.
  • iron-n-wine
    iron-n-wine Posts: 495 Mover and Shaker
    Due to the vaulting changes last week, I've recently finished up with a 1/1/5 Gwenpool, and using her boosted in the current EotS, that green is pretty amazing, firing 3 separate shots of 4000 damage, so if one enemy is dropped, it will be used on one of the other remaining enemies.

And having one cover in purple at least provides access to all the exploit codes, which can be handy if the gun tile is tucked away somewhere hard to reach
  • Anon
    Anon Posts: 1,455 Chairperson of the Boards
    I have Gwenpool at level 94 5/2/4 and I love using her. When she's boosted she's just nuts. I'm 2 covers away from being fully covered but I can't wait! (After I finish Quake, Starlord, Invisible Woman, Professor X, Devil Dinosaur, Lady Thor, X-Force, and Nick Fury first)

I swear they could give me a billion free Iso and it wouldn't even put a dent in my problem.
  • notamutant
    notamutant Posts: 855 Critical Contributor
    Anon wrote:
    I have Gwenpool at level 94 5/2/4 and I love using her. When she's boosted she's just nuts. I'm 2 covers away from being fully covered but I can't wait! (After I finish Quake, Starlord, Invisible Woman, Professor X, Devil Dinosaur, Lady Thor, X-Force, and Nick Fury first)

I swear they could give me a billion free Iso and it wouldn't even put a dent in my problem.

Why would you level any of those other characters you just said? None of them are in tokens anymore. Adapt to the new reality and spend all your iso on characters that will be in tokens for the next 3-6 months.
  • Crowl
    Crowl Posts: 1,579 Chairperson of the Boards
    notamutant wrote:
    Anon wrote:

Why would you level any of those other characters you just said? None of them are in tokens anymore. Adapt to the new reality and spend all your iso on characters that will be in tokens for the next 3-6 months.

I'd much rather have a narrowly champed Quake, Starlord, PX or Lady Thor over a Gwenpool with more covers, they'd prove much more useful (particularly when boosted) than she would and 3 of those 4 would also benefit from respeccing too.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor
    She's useful and fun in PvE, but terrible in PvP of course. I understand wanting to champ the older characters still (needed for their boosted pvp's etc), but for goodness' sake, put Gwenpool WAY ahead of Devil Dino on your list.
  • YtsejamHP
    YtsejamHP Posts: 13 Just Dropped In
    About a month too late but I agree with Rick. Recently champed her and her boosted (level 368) damage on the random column 'sploit is 13,399. There's obvious overlap with S. Witch, but those two and 3*Cyclops have been cutting through these Hunt nodes. 
  • OneLungDave
    OneLungDave Posts: 72 Match Maker
    I'm a junior varsity mpq'er. I have 20+ champed 4*s and all but 3 5*s. I play enough to grab the 25cp in most PVE's, and 400 points in PVP's. But I never grind out top 10's. I hoard iso and cp like my life depends on it. 
    All that being said, I'm looking for a simple yes or no answer to the following question:
    Would it be entertaining enough to champ Gwenpool? I have a 14th cover for her and haven't spent a single moment playing with her. Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks. 
  • VizMantis
    VizMantis Posts: 280 Mover and Shaker
    I've got just about the same play profile you do.  I just champed Gwenpool last week and so far I've been pleasantly surprised.  

The main reason I'd been reluctant to champ her was because of the extra cross-checking to use her purple power.  But thanks to that handy visual chart on page 1, it's been easy enough to find what I want to destroy.  I just open the chart in my web browser and app switch over when needed.  Fun to use, versatile, and quite powerful.  

The other thing I was worried about was the extra requirement of popping her gun to activate green.  As it turns out, it's almost always gone by the time it's ready to fire.  If not, purple will clear it.  

So to answer your question, yes, I think if you've already got 20+ 4*s, she's a worthy destination for your iso.  She's fun to play and reasonably strong. 
  • jgomes32
    jgomes32 Posts: 381 Mover and Shaker
    edited May 2017
    She's very solid boosted. Mine does up to 30k aoe from green if you can hit everyone. Purple also has nice damage, 10-14k depending on the code. She will stay on latest 12 for some time so chances are you'll have more than 1 extra cover... She's also the current pve reward and therefore next 4* essential. With 20+ champs i'd say yes, champ her.
  • kennn712
    kennn712 Posts: 69 Match Maker
    I champed her as she was boosted for The Hunt PvE. I was pleasantly surprised with her!
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    Although to be fair "Good when boosted" isn't exactly a high bar.
  • abominatrix
    abominatrix Posts: 221 Tile Toppler
    I find Gwenpool fun to play even unboosted, but she's a PVE character only. While the AI is always dumb, it's especially dumb with her. 

I champed her awhile back, and have totally enjoyed it. She was boosted lat week, but will be essential in the next event so you'll get some boosted fun with her in a few days. One of my top-10, but I consider how fun they are when putting my lists together. From a power standpoint, she's definitely middle of the pack and a bit random. Ans you need a Sploits list to refer to while playing here.

Anyway, I'd go for it.

• DrDevilDinosaur
    DrDevilDinosaur Posts: 436 Mover and Shaker

Just champed Gwen and I'm wondering how to use her. I remember that she seemed kinda fun when first released, but now that I'm trying to actually find a role, I'm coming up short. She feels slower than I recall, and seems to have only synergy in some very niche combos. I feel like I should be comparing her to Elektra or Spider-Woman. I guess I have about half the 4* tier champed now, so I have plenty of alternatives to choose from which diminishes her perceived usefulness a little.

• BlackBoltRocks
    BlackBoltRocks Posts: 1,158 Chairperson of the Boards
    mexus said:
    What's the safest sploit code to use if you really only care about the nuke effect rather than the board effect? How much damage will it inflict at level 270?

Random Row = 149
    Random Column = 679

At lv270, those two will do 6604 damage
  • granne
    granne Posts: 852 Critical Contributor
    When she's boosted they do 11k-ish damage, if I'm remembering rightly. It's fun.
  • Rick_OShay
    Rick_OShay Posts: 765 Critical Contributor

Just champed Gwen and I'm wondering how to use her. I remember that she seemed kinda fun when first released, but now that I'm trying to actually find a role, I'm coming up short. She feels slower than I recall, and seems to have only synergy in some very niche combos. I feel like I should be comparing her to Elektra or Spider-Woman. I guess I have about half the 4* tier champed now, so I have plenty of alternatives to choose from which diminishes her perceived usefulness a little.

So I'm an above-normal fan of GP, so take that into account here. But, she can be an excellent partner for any Red-Yellow-Blue character, making a full rainbow of active colors. She's the only single character with P-BLk-G all active powers. Meaning, your 3rd ally can have a better black (C4rol for example) along with other useful passives.
    So, run her with 4Cyke for amazing board control. GP's purple ensures you will be able to hit Checkov's Gun whenever you need to (keep sploits codes handy in a phone browser window :).
    GP works very well with Peggy and Carol, since you can use purple to make blue or black matches align more easily. 
    Got a nasty AoE coming at you? GP's black sends allies airborne allowing the damage to miss them, along with decent level protect tiles. Her own health is way too low, and that's what most people do not like about her.
    Her Green is excellent if you can plan enemy health appropriately (have at least 1 enemy at ~4200 health), It avoids some overkill that other characters have a problem with (I love Moon Knight, but his big green could hit a 4K enemy instead of a 12K, which forces you to wait).
    She's also a good partner with Wasp. Again using GP purple, you can align a match that contains Wasps Buzzing sound CD, so that the enemy takes the purple damage then the free buzz sting damage. You can decide which black to use, GP for protects that Wasp can flip/buff, or Wasp's cheap sting-stun. Bring along a red user for these two, like Bl4de, Luke C4ge, Peggy.
  • Jaedenkaal
    Jaedenkaal Posts: 3,357 Chairperson of the Boards
    edited June 2017
    mexus said:
    mexus said:
    What's the safest sploit code to use if you really only care about the nuke effect rather than the board effect? How much damage will it inflict at level 270?

Random Row = 149
    Random Column = 679

At lv270, those two will do 6604 damage
    Oh OK, thanks! I thought they dealt more damage than that. :)
    Well, when she's boosted they'd be over 12k. And 6600 plus 8 tiles destroyed isn't too shabby as the "fail case" for a move that can destroy any tile you want.

@Cthulhu
    Any chance we can get the level 70 SPLOITS! stats for all 5 cover levels for the various effects? It's been like... 8 months :)